entry alarm

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » July 11, 2014, 8:51 am

Anybody know where to buy an entry alarm set, or find the components to build one myself(or automatic door chime, wireless or wired. BUT, not the ones with a motion detector!! I am looking for a device which works by crossing a beam. Infrared or so; transmitter and receiver or transducer /transmitter with a reflector at the other end. Same set up, used to automaticalliy close gates after the car passes,or reopen the gate when its already closing but the car is not through yet. Sometimes some shop entry chimes works like that too
The ones with motiondetecting even works if someone, or something, passes parallel to the the door or gate
And no AMORN in big C does not seem to carry electronic components anymore, Do Home and Home HUB did not know what I was talking about, even with Thai translator available. All they have are those with motion detecting sensors.

kopkei
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by kopkei » July 11, 2014, 10:08 am

for this you must look at the security camera shops ...
we have just installed 4 cctv camera's from the fujiko shop past global house ( coming from nongkai intersection)
good service , and installation , and good price , i did do my homework first though ..
they also have all kind of alarm systems , the boss speaks english too...
and as info you can have a look here http://www.smartalarm.co.th/ in hua hin to have an idea what's on the market here...good luck... ;)

Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » July 11, 2014, 11:41 am

thanks kopkei I will try it

TicToc
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by TicToc » July 11, 2014, 12:54 pm

If you get stuck i have this old one,worked last time i tried it.
P1010109.JPG
P1010108.JPG

Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » July 11, 2014, 4:17 pm

Hi There TicToc;
looks like a very BIG set up to me. from what I can remember having back home; but thanks anyway. I will keep this in mind if I can not find what I am after. The sensor box is a beamer and receiver? Should n't there be a reflector plate or so to complete it? Or is it a totaly different scheme? May I ask:'What was this set up used for and is it weather(water)proof?/

TicToc
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by TicToc » July 11, 2014, 10:41 pm

Yes it's a beamer/receiver you just need a reflector and no not waterproof,as i said
just if you get stuck.

Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » July 31, 2014, 10:31 am

for UDONM quota.jpg
accessories f UM.jpg
um APPLICATIONS.jpg
um SET wea.jpg
THE SET
um SET wea.jpg (16.95 KiB) Viewed 1847 times

I WOULD LIKE TO BUY AN ENTRY ALARM SET LIKE THE ONE ABOVE. CAN NOT FIND THIS IN UDON. tHE COMPANY SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING THERE IS NO DISTRIBUTOR YET IN tHAILAND
ANYBODY WANT TO START A NEW SHOP. I WILL BE YOUR FIRST CUSTOMER.

maaka
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by maaka » July 31, 2014, 11:06 am

are you looking for one for a shop, or a more discreet hidden type thing for the house..??

footymaster
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by footymaster » July 31, 2014, 11:09 am

You can buy a infa red, wireless alarm system from Home Pro with motion sensors for about 5300 bhat . The make is Red Shield. You can buy extra motion sensors and door sensors if required.

Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » July 31, 2014, 2:23 pm

Hi Footymaster,
thanks for the reply. But a motion sensor has a wide reaction field. If somebody passes the gate and does not enter it will react. If leaves of plants sway in the wind if will react, birds flying by etc . And if you are living less than 5 meters from the edge of a street . . .whoa!! if Laan (nephew niece) is playing on the porch, whoa ,every time they move. What I want is an entry alert with a beam (infra red or otherwise) That YOU HAVE TO CROSS, before you get an alarm. A beam you can point in the direction or the height you choose. Only by crossing this beam you will get an alarm via a wireless speaker up to 100 m from the sensor unit.(Check the "sample applications")
Hi Maaka, nothing hidden, just for the gate and entry of the premises. The gate and the sliding doors of the house are always open;the wife has a small shop. But someone always has to stay in the front room. With this I can be working in the back of the house if the wifie is not home and will know right away if anybody, or dog or cat enters the premises

maaka
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by maaka » July 31, 2014, 2:39 pm

ok thanks for the clarification Rono..
If you dont have any luck, as a last resort goggle Trademe.co.nz, and search ' entry alarm ' and there are oodles there..some traders will post for a small price..just to clarify NZ is 240v, but a battery or solar device could do you...

tutone
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by tutone » July 31, 2014, 2:44 pm

Hey Rono, this is Ron. I remember when Fon's husband Sam had a security business. It's been over a year, maybe two since he closed down. The office was right next to Fon's shop, NECC. Anyway, I was just thinking that he might have some information or contacts for you. Perhaps you could give him or Fon a call. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » July 31, 2014, 2:55 pm

Hi Maaka,
that's one of the things I miss the most here in LOS. Back( home (four different countries!!!) I could go to a hobby shop , buy all the electronic components and build the d... thing to my own specs. Or go to a "Do It Your Self" shop and have wood or whatever cut, shaped, drilled, scraped, sawed, planed, routed or whatever, to my specs, very easy.And I am one of those guys who is used to make, do, repair everything, and I do mean: E-V-E-R-Y-THING with ME, Myself and I. Sorry for the bawling. I did find the alarm systems on the net. All kinds of variety. BUT WHEN I LOOK AT SHIPPING:"OOPS Sorry do not ship to Thailand! Or, these electronic components, parts or devices are prohibited from shipping to Thailand!! And I am one of those guys who is used to do and make everything (and I do mean "EVERYTHING'!!) with Me, Myself And I.

Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » July 31, 2014, 2:58 pm

Hi Ron, thanks
I contacted Sam about a week ago with the specs.Because I thought that this was in his field of expertise and trading He answered: "I"ll see what I can do"
So my fingers are still crossed.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Khun Paul » July 31, 2014, 3:28 pm

Still say 6 dogs of varying sizes does the job, maintenance low and works day or night, renew one or two every few years due to expiration.

maaka
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by maaka » July 31, 2014, 3:41 pm

Well Rono there is an electrical shop that sells all the little bits and pieces, switches, plugs, fuses and stuff, its just around the left corner from the gold shops, past the cheap CD's and then over the otherside of the road, before the guitar shop...

Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » October 9, 2014, 12:08 pm

N03 - Copy.jpg
N02 - Copy.jpg
N02 - Copy.jpg
N01 - Copy.jpg
view from the house
Hi There Tic Toc, (and Maaka too)
it's been a while, but now I am sure I can tell you I w'ont be needing your "beamer and reflector". I ordered, received, installed, tried out, made some modifications to the set and now I am almost 100% satisfied with the entry alert I got from the company in Taiwan. (<<See earlier posts with photo's) I will try to insert some pictures of my set up so you can see it is much smaller than yours. I had to compress the pictures but I think if you click on them you can zoom in and see my explanations on the pics. Why not 100% satisfied: well direct sunlight in the sensor will cause false alarms. I placed a plant in the line of the sun when it is low (exactly about 17.15 to 17.30 this season!))to confront that problem. Heavy downpour will cause a lot of water on/in front off the reflector and will also cause false alarms. I constructed metal housings around beamer and reflector just to guard against mechanical damage. People are not careful you know. Coming in with a bike or motorbike, etc etc.
Attachments
N04 - Copy.jpg

Rono
udonmap.com

entry alarm

Post by Rono » October 9, 2014, 1:12 pm

Oops , before I get funny remarks about running up and down when it's raining. I forgot to mention that I placed the speaker in the house behind a switch. Same as a light switch. When its raining and at night we switch it off. And Khun Paul, it works also perfectly when a dog enters the premises. We can choose between a chime and a siren. We "wisely" went for the chime sound. A nice "ding dong! "Nobody has to wait or call out "Me khon yoe mai" anymore, when we are in the back .

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”