Aussie Rules - 2014 Buddy Aweful Start

General sports news and discussions.
marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » August 31, 2014, 7:13 pm

It really was winding back the clock Wazza. Cold Beer in cans (as opposed to luke warm piss in plastic cups) and smoke em if ya got em. It felt kinda weird sparking up a dart in a public place and not having to get a pass out and go and hide in the smokers colony. Blast from the past.

Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 31, 2014, 7:45 pm

Arjarn

Did u wear the long or short sleeve top with Teddy's number on it ?

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » September 1, 2014, 3:18 pm

When I was a kid in the 1970's I wore the number 24 one me jumper and after that number 31. Teddy had gone by the time I was getting about Wazza. And there's no way I'd be getting into any of the jumpers from those days mate.
10 points for anyone who can get the 24 and the 31 from the 70's at the dogs without the help of Google.....
Watch Me!!

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » September 1, 2014, 6:22 pm

The Number 3 would be worth plenty Lew, I got many a Track Suit when he was with Adidas ,but never thought to ask for a jumper. I tried to get you over the line yesterday, so you could go above us and we could get the earlier pick in the draft. GWS are a good side with plenty of talent and I think will be better next season. Tips: Freo to down Sydney Poofs and Actors, Hawks over Geelong, North over the Bummers. Port over the Tigers.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 6, 2014, 12:53 am

Eddiewood having a go at Goodes now for diving, but the stats on free kicks, 98th in the AFL - don't add up.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney ... 7049365075

Perhaps showing his real colours over the incident from this year and trying to get some revenge for being humiliated?

Eddiewood under fire internally and comes out throwing it everywhere to deflect attention from his Clubs final ladder position.

Oh well be good for you to have this weekend off as its AFL Finals Eddie !, Quality Family Time perhaps, conduct a spelling class or two for the 2016 banners committee, Some anti discrimination lessons for the junior members perhaps.

Working the board members for a vote of confidence.

Swans to beat Freo

Im travelling , Roatan Island , Honduras to Houston, to LA to Seoul and Bangers on Sunday , then up to Udon.

Will have to rely on WIFI at the transits to get the updates.

Paladin
udonmap.com

Post by Paladin » September 6, 2014, 2:25 pm

Sydney by 24

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 6, 2014, 3:29 pm

Standing by for a sarcastic Eddiewood sentence now..

Paladin
udonmap.com

Post by Paladin » September 6, 2014, 3:50 pm

Why wait for Eddie, today Goodes was ok, but last weeks game put him in contention for a Logie. Getting old I suppose? Could backfire on him later. Garry Lion former Melbourne great was scathing in his report of the incident in the game against Richmond. To me he has been a great player, pity to see him stage for free kicks.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » September 6, 2014, 7:19 pm

great game of footy tonight for neurals and shinboners. game of two halves for north - terrible in the first half and sensational in the second. essendon can consider themselves to be stiff and really gave it their best shot but failed to put north away when they had them on the ropes.north every chance of getting over the cats at the g next friday.
sydney and hawthorn have shown this weekend that they are in a different class but for the true believers the north - richmond grand final is still on. hope the tiges get up tomorrow.
and in the big game footscray will play port melbourne at north port oval in the vfl preliminary final next saturday.
carn the scray........
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » September 7, 2014, 2:06 pm

Collingwood giving Richmond a nice old thrashing this afternoon. Wonder why they are playing in Adelaide?
Attachments
imagePAs.jpg
imagePAs.jpg (12.91 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » September 12, 2014, 4:01 pm

Hoping for a North win tonight and a Port win tomorrow. Both are every chance of causing upsets and giving both Sydney and Hawthorn something to worry about next weekend.
And Carn the Scray in their VFL prelim final against the Burrough at North Port Oval.
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » September 12, 2014, 8:08 pm

What a game.....
Hearts to hearts and hands to hands
Beneath the blue and white we stand
We shout God bless our native land
North Melbourne, North Melbourne!

Out we come, out we come, out we come, to play
Just for recreations sake to pass the time away
Lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourselves today
North Melbourne boys are hard to beat when they come out to play!

So join in the chorus, and sing it one and all
Join in the chorus, North Melbourne’s on the ball
Good old North Melbourne, they’re champions you’ll agree
North Melbourne will be premiers, just you wait and see!
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 14, 2014, 3:05 am

I too was very happy North Melbourne beat Geelong.

I want to praise Mick Malthouse today. I understand he boycotted the coaches meeting with Hormone Hirdie. Well done Mick.

I see Caro is still gunning for Hird. She's one tough cookie.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » September 14, 2014, 4:02 pm

Just goes to show you the other side of the man apart from his attitude toward reporters with stupid, obvious questions a 4 year old could answer. Now he has refused to attend a meeting of coaches which included Hormone Hirdie, who tried to, and succeeded to bring down the Essendon Football Club. He should have got a life time suspension for the damage he has done to AFL Football but to the Essendon Players who are implicated in his attempt to CHEAT.
For the Record;
Mick Malthouse played over 100 games with St Kilda and Richmond.
He is a Premiership player.
Coached The Western Buldogs
Has Coached West Coast two Premierships
Coached Collingwood to a Premiership
Hopes are now that Carlton will show greater improvement. He has 1 year left in his Contract
In Season 2015 if indeed he is still Coaching, he will break the all time Record for the amount of games he OR ANYONE ELSE has Coached AFL Football.
Not many others have a resume that offers so much. WELL DONE MICK.
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (59.29 KiB) Viewed 1060 times

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » September 14, 2014, 4:13 pm

NORTH MELBOURNE. ask some of the older players why you were once called the SHINBONERS. A well placed connection would render any player useless. Just a thought. More to add later in the week.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 15, 2014, 12:57 am

Perhaps Mick's lack of graciousness and manners is because he feels he hasn't achieved enough. The human mind is a peculiar thing. I'm happy he's at Carlton.

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » September 15, 2014, 7:40 am

One more year GT, If Carlton do not improve I am sure they will have a new Coach. There is one guy that is out of contract at the moment I like to get, but we will have to wait and see. Did you get the Avatar I sent to you by PM?

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » September 15, 2014, 9:00 am

Doggies got up over Port Melbourne and Box Hill beat Williamstown in the VFL Prelims so it's Footscray and Box Hill in the GF at the Docklands on Saturday afternoon.
And in the big league you would expect Hawthorn and the Swannies to progress without too much trouble BUT you never know. Was a great weekend for those who like to see an underdog get up and all of the nuetrals will be hoping for the same this weekend. IF, and it's a massive IF, North and Port have wins this weekend it will be a GF for the ages and if they don't get up it will be the best two teams over the 23 weeks of the season. I'll stick with a North - Port GF in me heart but a Hawks - Swans GF using me head.
GT if you got a minute listen to this interview with Micky Malthouse. It might change you view a bit. You seem to base you opinion on journos who wind him up after games. He's really an intelligent and articulate bloke - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib9zSUnWLY
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 16, 2014, 1:39 am

downunder wrote: Did you get the Avatar I sent to you by PM?
I'm a bit concerned about your interest in these highly sexualized avatars downunder. :shock:

You seem to be getting as dirty as Sam Newman as you age. I guess life's more fun to age a bit disgracefully.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 16, 2014, 2:25 am

Yes, I listened to the link marjamlew. I like to sledge malthouse for a variety of reasons. I know he's an intelligent and articulate bloke. I also understand his players love him (and Buckley has problems with players). And I acknowledge Malthouse has had an extremely distinguished Aussie Rules career. He's also entertaining.

But he's a bully and a grumpy bastard and he coaches Carlton. I also think he's over-rated. I'd give him an 8 out of 10 rather than a 10 out of 10 (subjective with some bias against the *****). I give few 9 or 10s. So GT93 is going to be on his case.

To be fair to grumpy Mick I couldn't see him pumping injections into his players unless he was 100% sure they were safe, had his medical staff on board and without keeping proper records of what was administered. There's a bigger villain than Mick in the coaches box.

Return to “World Sports”