UDON THANI FC - The 2014-season

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 7, 2014, 9:27 am

Yes, we need to see that today, phen.

The game will be shown live on SMMTV and http://www.smmonline.net/m/smmsport/?tv.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 7, 2014, 9:36 pm

Results today:
UDFC 2-0 Nakhon Phanom :D
Sisaket United 3-1 Kalasin
Surin City 2-2 Mukdahan City

UDFC joins Ubon UMT in the Regional Champions League. :D =D>

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 9, 2014, 7:25 am

Udon Thani was yesterday chosen to be the host of the draw for the Regional Champions League. The draw will be held on September 27.
On September 28 there will be a game between Regional League U19 All Star Team and Laos. There might also be a game between UDFC and Laos.

Dates for the RCL is:
Oct 4/5, Oct 11/12, Oct 18/19, Oct 25/26, Nov 1/2, Nov 8/9, Nov 15/16, Nov 22/23, Nov 29/30 and Dec 6/7.

3rd/4th-place Final will be played on Dec 13 and 20 (number 2 in each group), and the Regional Final on Dec 14 and 21 (the winner of each group).

5 clubs qualified for RCL so far:
NORTH: Sukhothai and Phichit
NORTH-EAST: Ubon UMT and Udon Thani
BANGKOK: Thai Honda

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 9, 2014, 11:36 am

Just a thought here. Mid-December seems a long way off, doesn't it, particularly after a season which started back in February. We've already expressed concerns that promoted teams don't have a great deal of time to prepare for the start of a season in Division 1.
Whilst appreciating there's travel time involved (and meeting Clubs more distant than usual), would it really ask too much for Clubs to play twice-weekly for five weeks? The Champions League would be concluded in half the time and promoted Clubs would get more of a break and time to organize for a new season. I understand Udon train most days anyway and it can't be a case of getting match-fit now. Really too much to have another competitive game mid-week?

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 9, 2014, 4:07 pm

Good question, Brian. But they don`t like midweek games in Thailand, at any level. And many stadiums don`t have floodlights both in D1 and D2, so games have to kick off at 4pm or earlier. Many supporters would not be able to go to the games due to work, school or other reasons.
I remember from my time with Bangkok United that the supporters didn`t like midweek games, even when they played their homegames at 6pm.

But to give the best teams in D2 a longer break between seasons, there should be a few midweek games. 2 games in the league and 2 in the play-offs would give them a month longer break. But do the clubs complain? Maybe they just accept that this is how it is.

I mentioned yesterday that there was going to be some football on September 28. This is how it looks like now, but subject to change of course:
16.00: RL U19 All-Star vs Laos U19
18.00: UDFC vs Laos

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 11, 2014, 4:50 pm

Construction of the new stadium is today said to start in around 3 months time. It will look like Buriram`s stadium and be a 10,000-seater, with the possibility to expand to 20,000 later. It`s also said to be finished in 2016, with a cost of 150 million baht.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2014, 6:14 pm

Svein66 wrote:Construction of the new stadium is today said to start in around 3 months time. It will look like Buriram`s stadium and be a 10,000-seater, with the possibility to expand to 20,000 later. It`s also said to be finished in 2016, with a cost of 150 million baht.
Checked out the face book page but not sure of the exact location for the new stadium ...can you give me a rough area where it will be Sven ? ... i think its next to the new Siwalee housing development / Home Hub on the Nong Khai highway...but could be wrong ... hope so an excellent location .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 11, 2014, 6:53 pm

If they haven`t changed location in the last few weeks, the new stadium will be east of Global House, following the road towards Sam Phrao. They are also building a new university in the area where the new stadium will be.

Google translate the location in the article to "Ban Nong Song near entrance Udon Thani Rajabhat University".

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2014, 7:08 pm

Svein66 wrote:If they haven`t changed location in the last few weeks, the new stadium will be east of Global House, following the road towards Sam Phrao. They are also building a new university in the area where the new stadium will be.

Google translate the location in the article to "Ban Nong Song near entrance Udon Thani Rajabhat University".
Thanks Sven ..... i know where the new Rajaphat uni is ,,,,,a bit far out for the footy stadium IMO . I was told a new sports complex was being built along with the re location of Teaug Shri Muang festival area next to Home Hub on the NK highway ... was hoping the new UDFC stadium would be located there.

DM

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 13, 2014, 9:33 pm

Results today:
Loei City 1-0 UDFC
Mahasarakham United 1-0 Surin City
Kalasin 2-2 Ubon UMT
Sisaket United 3-0 Mukdahan City

This was UDFC`s 5th loss this season, all by 0-1. There was 8 changes in the starting-11 today compared to last weekend, and 7 of the players who started today had 6 or fewer starts in the first 27 league and cupgames this season.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 14, 2014, 5:40 am

Pleased I stayed at home, although Loei is a nice trip to make. The match itself and result is, usually, the most important thing for me, although I'm not sure that's the case with the Thai fans. Your comprehensive work on stats Svein is certainly paying off and we can see the Club didn't put that much importance on the game by playing many second-choice players.
With the first game in the Champions League scheduled for three weeks away and possibly a home game, any sign of the talked-about additional seating being erected?

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 14, 2014, 6:35 am

Brian Davis wrote:...any sign of the talked-about additional seating being erected?
There should be some news about this on the English FB-page later today. There will be additional seats next to the current stands, not behind the goals.

BCC Tero got qualified for the play-offs yesterday, so there`s now 6 clubs qualified. More clubs can join them today.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 14, 2014, 10:55 am

From the English UDFC Facebookpage:

Champions League News Update:
Confirmed: UDFC will expand the capacity of the (current) stadium over the next few weeks, with extra stands that will be build at both sides of the current main stand. Management has also investigated the option of extra stands behind the goals, but the conclusion was drawn that those stands would be too far from the pitch to offer an attractive view.

Confirmed: Tickets will be THB 100 for each Champions League match. This is more expensive than the current THB 50, but we also expect much more competitive football.

Rumor: It looks like UDFC is arranging chartered flights at a very competitive price (around THB 1000) to far away cities where UDFC has to play their out matches. This sounds like a great initiative. UDFC has one the most active Fans in D2, and this will be a further boost and a great support to our football team too.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 15, 2014, 8:34 pm

More from UDFC English on FB:

Champions League, is UDFC ready?
Let’s look at some hard facts.
7 teams have qualified for the Champions League now.
This is how the teams performed over the last 4 weeks:

1.Sukhothai 4 wins 0 draws 0 loss score: 15-1, 12 points
2.Thai Honda 4 wins 0 draws 0 loss score: 11-3, 12 points
3.BCC Tero 2 wins 1 draws 1 loss score: 6-2, 7 points
4.Prachuap 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss score: 7-6, 7 points
5.Ubon UMT 1 win 2 draws 1 loss score: 8-5, 5 points
6.Phichit 1 win 1 draws 2 losses score: 11-6, 4 points
7.UDFC 1 win 0 draws 3 losses score: 2-3, 3 points

UDFC is the worst performer if we look at the last 4 weeks...

In various interviews we read that our coach has rested players and gave substitutes the chance to play.
So we might have a very fit squad at the moment.
But the risk is now that UDFC IS LACKING CONFIDENCE.

Our suggestion: start to build a winning, confident team right now!

Stop changing tactics every match (or even more often), but build on a smart and well implemented game plan with our top players.
Based on good results, a confident UDFC does not have to fear any other team in the Champions League.
We have good players, but we need a good TEAM.
Such team, with the support of the best fans in D2, can win every match.

Tip: let the substitutes play friendly matches to develop their skills, I’m sure all TPL teams are able to play such friendlies with this 5 week break…

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 16, 2014, 10:50 am

I suppose a coach will stand or fall by the team's results. Recent form is giving cause for concern, although perhaps unkind to include the Loei result, where many 'reserves' featured. (what sort of team will feature v Kalasin, although again a fairly meaningless game?) I wonder if other qualifiers or very likely qualifiers have rested players, although all better records than Udon anyway, with Sukothai and Thai Honda impressive.
Just looking at 1st and 2nd leg records, similar as far as goals scored and wins recorded. The difference is that more goals have been conceded in the 2nd leg and there have been four defeats compared to only one in the first half of the season.
My own feeling is that the side looked more of a unit in the 1st leg, very tight defensively, but needing more goals. Tomi and Yuyun offer more going forward but the goals for total has not increased in the 2nd leg and it seems the opposition has been allowed more of the game and it's reflected in more goals against and defeats.
I don't think the argument to rest players holds water. Surely these fit, young players can manage just one competitive game a week? Football is a game of opinions and it's down to the coach to manage the squad as he thinks right.
But I agree that for the Champions League, he must surely recognize/play our best players and build around them.
I've said before that my feeling is last season's team was stronger than this, yet fell down, albeit with excuses outside of actually playing.
So, whilst wishing the team well this season, it will require an upping in performance ( any clinical German strikers who will take most chances created?) and be a pleasant surprise if they can gain promotion. Come on Udon!

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 16, 2014, 5:04 pm

I agree with you, Brian. I don`t see any reason why players should be rested, if fit. UDFC has played 12 games in 2nd leg of the season, and no mid-week games, so it`s over a period of nearly 3 months. That shouldn`t be a problem for fit footballers.
Only 9 players has started more than half of those 12 games, so they should have got enough rest already, and only 4 of them has started 10 or 11 games. Those 4 didn`t play at Loei, so I`ll say OK to rest them, but only for that game.

At home to Kalasin this week, the best 11 players should start. The same for the friendly game against Laos next week, at least for the first 45 minutes.

All 25 players has featured at least once in the 2nd leg. I hope there won`t be much more than 15 in the Champions League.

Ubon, UDFC and Mahasarakham all have 22 points in the 2nd leg, followed by Kalasin on 20, and then two clubs on 19, two on 18, one 17, one 16, one 15 + 11, 8 and 2 points. The club with 11 points, and third from bottom in the 2nd leg, with only 2 wins, is Nong Bua Lamphu. One of those wins came in Udon. UDFC has lost to numbers 1, 7, 8 and 12 in the 2nd leg table, meaning they have lost 3 times against teams in poor form. UDFC won by only 1 goal (2-1) against numbers 9, 10, 11 and 13 in the 2nd leg. Except for the 3-0 win against bottom team Mukdahan, UDFC has won by only 1 goal, or lost, to the bottom 8 teams. For a team who wants to play in Division 1 next season, that ain`t good.

If UDFC lose this week, they might fall to 5th in the 2nd leg.

I don`t want to put any money on promotion, as it looks today, but I still have dreams and hope... :D

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 16, 2014, 9:09 pm

The last league game in 2014 is at home this Saturday. Be aware that kick-off is at 4pm/16.00 this time!
10440957_10152271542462587_4355168362099832358_n.jpg

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 20, 2014, 8:44 pm

Results today:
Sakhon Nakhon 0-1 Amnat United
Ubon UMT 6-1 Mukdahan City
Nong Khai 4-1 Nakhon Phanom
Mahasarakham United 3-0 Nong Bua Lamphu
Surin City 1-0 Sisaket United
Udon Thani 1-2 Kalasin :evil:
Chaiyaphum United 2-1 Loei City

Another poor result for UDFC! Only 3 points from the last 5 games is awful. There can`t be many fans out there who really believe in promotion this season. :cry:

Here is top 6 from the 2nd leg of the season:
1: Ubon UMT 25 points
2: Mahasarakham United 25 points
3: Kalasin 23 points
4: Surin City 22 points
5: Udon Thani 22 points
6: Amnat United 21 points

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 20, 2014, 11:39 pm

ITS TIME FOR GRASS ROOTS FANS and supporters as a whole to understand the system here ...... , football in Thailand is all about the connections within the game NOT the skill on the pitch . its about coruption and under the table payments .........come on ...it aint rocket science ,,,,, the "game " here is rotten to the core ,,,

Football in LOS is as bent as a nine bob note

DM ...... supports fair play but it aint gonna happen

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » September 21, 2014, 10:22 am

These are the 12 clubs that is qualified for Regional Champions League 2014:

WINNERS:
North: Sukhothai
North-East: Ubon UMT
Central-East: Prachinburi United
Bangkok: Thai Honda
Central-West: Hua Hin City
South: Prachuap

RUNNERS-UP:
North: Phichit
North-East: Udon Thani
Central-East: Maptaphut Marine
Bangkok: BCC Tero
Central-West: Phetburi
South: Satun United

The 12 teams will be drawn into 2 groups, with 3 winners and 3 runners-up in each group. Teams from the same region can not be drawn together, so Ubon & Udon will be in different groups.

The draw will be made at Nong Prajak Park in Udon Thani on September 27 at 6pm, and it`s open for everyone who wants to attend.

This is my dreamgroup: :D
UDFC - Hua Hin City - Prachinburi United - Prachuap - Phichit - BCC Tero

...and my nightmare: :shock:
UDFC - Sukhothai - Thai Honda - Prachinburi United - Phetburi - Satun United

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”