In the Scrum Earnest
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (53.86 KiB) Viewed 1732 times

GT93
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by GT93 » September 21, 2014, 3:35 pm

I think the locks bind by putting their hands up between the props' legs downunder. Some poor fella who has played prop might be able to verify this. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

downunder
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by downunder » September 21, 2014, 3:45 pm

Just putting forward what I heard Yeas ago. There was a Maori player in the NFL a few years ago that was rubbed out for playing stink fingers
Attachments
av-441_jpg,q_r=0_pagespeed_ce_eBk1aJIgJ1.jpg
av-441_jpg,q_r=0_pagespeed_ce_eBk1aJIgJ1.jpg (2.49 KiB) Viewed 1721 times

GT93
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by GT93 » September 21, 2014, 3:53 pm

I think you'll find he was Tongan and an Australian citizen. :D

Google John Hopoate if you want to read about an unattractive side of rugby league.

Earnest
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Earnest » September 21, 2014, 4:11 pm

During a 2001 clash with the Cowboys, Hopoate, in an attempt to unsettle several of his opponents, inserted his finger in three players' anuses, the first occurring during the seventh minute of play. At the conclusion of the match the matter was immediately referred to the rugby league judiciary where a case was put forward from both sides on 28 March.

Hopoate claimed in front of the panel of judges that he was simply attempting to give all three players "a wedgie" with his fingers, denying he had done anything wrong and that he was "a great believer in what happens on the field should stay there".

The three victims in the case, Cowboys players Glenn Morrison, Peter Jones and Paul Bowman all disagreed with the reasoning put forward by Hopoate and his team. Jones stated, "It wasn't a wedgie. That's when your pants are pulled up your arse. I think I know the difference between a wedgie and someone sticking their finger up my bum", while Bowman stated that he was "disgusted" and "couldn't believe it."

Hopoate subsequently was charged with unlawful sexual connection in relation to the incident.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hopoate

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if it was more than three, the others just didn't complain.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

downunder
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by downunder » September 21, 2014, 6:39 pm

In Aussie footie it is a kin to squirrel gripping if you have the necessary equipment.

Earnest
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Earnest » September 22, 2014, 12:50 am

What is it with Australians and squirrels today?

I have visions of Wazza making a grab for that albino squirrel's nuts, egged on by Down Under. :shock:

Down Under's patented contraption for grabbing the squirrel's nuts worked a treat...
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Harpo
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Harpo » September 22, 2014, 4:42 am

GT93 wrote:No Earnest, I think Harpo has just got home after an all night session on the turps and fired off a few volleys before collapsing into bed. He isn't get any younger and his spelling has to be excused in these circumstances. :D
harpo ( and Sir Leslie Patterson ) on the piss, well (burp, fart) get this....did you (GT93) write "he isn't get any younger"....I would of thought with my interpretation of the English language that it should be something like "he is not GETTING any younger".....those in glass houses, and all that stuff.....Oh Hum....cheers Harpo
Great Southern Land

Harpo
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Harpo » September 22, 2014, 4:50 am

Earnest wrote:
Harpo wrote:for one that writes such cr@p forum articales and replys....
I say, articales and replys?

Is English your second language?
No mate...we in Aussie land speaka da fookin chosen words....thata being da Strien speaka.....I speaka ta me mate fat guts, he aska me ta aska ya what isa da enalisha language, he don'ta knowa dis one.......cheers harpo ;) ;) ;)
Great Southern Land

downunder
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by downunder » September 22, 2014, 8:15 am

Correction; Delete "we" insert "me". Harpo, no wonder Poms think we are stupid when we have a so called Aussie acting like a Drongo You are not funny when you bring other Aussies down to your level. In my 78 years I have never read so much crap. Sounds more like an Italian trying to speak English rather than an Aussie speaking Strine. Sometimes it is better to close your mouth and act stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Harpo
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Harpo » September 22, 2014, 12:42 pm

downunder wrote:Correction; Delete "we" insert "me". Harpo, no wonder Poms think we are stupid when we have a so called Aussie acting like a Drongo You are not funny when you bring other Aussies down to your level. In my 78 years I have never read so much crap. Sounds more like an Italian trying to speak English rather than an Aussie speaking Strine. Sometimes it is better to close your mouth and act stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Have a nice day Pop....most Aussie's I know have a sense of humour, ....end of transmission Mr Downunder Sir.... :roll: :roll: :roll:.... harpo
Great Southern Land

GT93
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by GT93 » September 22, 2014, 1:17 pm

555 I thought you were probably in your 50s downunder.

Harpo I hope it's an act and you aren't really a cantankerous old codger. You're a fine actor.

downunder
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by downunder » September 22, 2014, 1:21 pm

That's not a sense of Humour, that's a sense of stupidity. Ask any Balanced Aussie. Say something funny and I WILL LAUGH. As I said it sounds like an Italian learning English. If you think it is necessary to use Aussie Strine then get it right and stop making a fool of yourself and other Aussies.

Harpo
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Harpo » September 22, 2014, 2:10 pm

downunder wrote:That's not a sense of Humour, that's a sense of stupidity. Ask any Balanced Aussie. Say something funny and I WILL LAUGH. As I said it sounds like an Italian learning English. If you think it is necessary to use Aussie Strine then get it right and stop making a fool of yourself and other Aussies.
Now then my dear old Mr Downunder Sir, you really have to read my posts more clearly, I posted "most Ausssie I know have a sense of humour, thankfully, this clearly does not include you Sir .... :-" :-" :-" :-" ......harpo
Great Southern Land

Harpo
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Harpo » September 22, 2014, 2:23 pm

GT93 wrote:555 I thought you were probably in your 50s downunder.

Harpo I hope it's an act and you aren't really a cantankerous old codger. You're a fine actor.
Thanks for the post.....No I'm not in the age of qualifying for the title of "cantankerous old codger" I read some where it starts at age 77, then again I could be wrong, maybe as downunder suggested, I should refer to my Strien Dictionary under "old codger listing"....this post is meant to be light hearted, as in good fun, no pun intended......cheers harpo... 8) 8) 8)
Great Southern Land

downunder
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by downunder » September 22, 2014, 3:57 pm

Apart from light hearted it needs to be actual to give the correct definition of what Aussie Strine is all about, not the waffle of someone who does not know what he is talking about. No wonder we are sometimes looked upon as stupid with people like you advertising stupidity.
Aussie Strine is about stringing words together without a space between words, such as examples below, not the Slang rubbish you dished up.    

STRINE

avagoodweegend
ImaspissedasaParrot
Pointpersyattheporcelain

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by stattointhailand » September 22, 2014, 4:20 pm

Bit like German then ......

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

by the way,

shouldn't it be Percy rather than Persy (as per the films Percy and Percy's progress) :lol:

downunder
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by downunder » September 22, 2014, 4:39 pm

Well picked up Statts

Earnest
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Earnest » September 23, 2014, 2:24 am

downunder wrote:no wonder Poms think we are stupid when we have a so called Aussie acting like a Drongo
Oh, I don't think Aussies are stupid, I just thought it was a good opportunity to rip the p!ss out of Harpo. I wouldn't write off a whole nation because I know of one who's ('ow you say?) a Drongo. After all, I wouldn't want you to think I was a smart ar$e like the Old Timer. :-"

Harpo
udonmap.com

EUREKA FOR EARNEST

Post by Harpo » September 23, 2014, 4:59 am

[quote="downunder"]Apart from light hearted it needs to be actual to give the correct definition of what Aussie Strine is all about, not the waffle of someone who does not know what he is talking about.

Downunder Sir...perhaps I do know what I am talking about. let me enlighten you on my actual understanding of the correct definition of Aussie Strien , from 2 sources, and as follows below. Perhaps old chap, you could follow up with your definition and sources to enlighten the postings ....... :D :D :D ....cheers harpo

Definition of Strien (Aussie Strien)
(1)
Source: The Oxford Dictionary (British & World English)
Definition of Strine in English:
Strine
The English language as spoken by Australians; the Australian accent, especially when considered pronounced or uneducated
(2)
Source: Wikipedia (the free encyclopaedia)
Strine
For other meanings, see Strine (disambiguation).
Strine /ˈstraɪn/ is a term coined in 1964[1] and subsequently used to describe a broad accent of Australian English. The term is a syncope, derived from a shortened phonetic rendition of the pronunciation of the word "Australian" in an exaggerated Broad Australian accent
Great Southern Land

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”