Blighty and the UKIP Revolution

World news discussion forum
mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » May 29, 2014, 1:21 am

GT93 wrote:Europeans want the gains from free trade, to be tied together to prevent war given European culture is extremely violent but also want to retain their independence. The EU hasn't got this mixture right.
Well
GT93 wrote:As a total outsider
you have got it right (for me anyway).

I openly admit that I voted UKIP, but I am not anti EU, only in the form it is in now, and also what it is becoming.
I accept peoples arguments on trade and finance, and am all for that . I voted for, and still support, a Common Market, but do not support a Federal Europe, which is (was) slowly evolving.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 29, 2014, 2:08 am

Gosh, I can't wait for us to bang out of the EU. I can't see why some are getting anxious about leaving, we've always been OK in the past so why not now? You pro-Europeans worry too much. Besides, GT is right, the ruddy people across the Channel keep dragging us into needless wars - worse than the Yanks. :lol:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » May 29, 2014, 6:21 am

Earnest wrote:Gosh, I can't wait for us to bang out of the EU. I can't see why some are getting anxious about leaving, we've always been OK in the past so why not now? You pro-Europeans worry too much. Besides, GT is right, the ruddy people across the Channel keep dragging us into needless wars - worse than the Yanks. :lol:
The problem is by getting into bed with the EU we destroyed the good relationship we had with our true friends in the Commonwealth, so coming out of Europe, we will not be in the same position as before.I am not a lover of many aspects of the Union, but coming out now would be disastrous economically for us . Our only hope is to negotiate our position so that we can contain the excesses of our illustrious neighbours.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 29, 2014, 6:23 am

You are, of course quite right Earnest, the EU supporters worry far too much.
I am sure that everything will be great for you as the 51st. State of the Union.
After all everything is perfect there economically, socially & politically with no issues at all.

If that doesn't work out then they can always be ditched when the going gets tough.
Then maybe some sort of alliance with Putin or the Chinese leaders as they both seem to be big on their allies being independent.

Asking why England won't be alright now when it was in the past is a bit like thinking that horse drawn carriages should immediately replace all other forms of transport in the country.
England was OK before because it was stealing all the mineral resources that it needed from the Empire.
That could be a plan again (& at least is a plan which is unusual from the anti-EU brigade :D ) but it might be met with a bit of resistance by others.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 19, 2014, 9:25 am

Interestingly a much delayed Government study into the effect that the EU is having on the UK has just been released.
It should have been released nearly a year ago however the Government thought it was too pro-Europe & had parts of it re-written then delayed as it might impact the European elections.
So we now have the much more (in the Conservative Party's eyes) balanced viewpoint.

It might surprise the euro-skeptics that phrases & facts like this remain then...
It quotes estimates that suggest there are 2.3m Europeans living in the UK - and up to 2.2m British citizens living in Europe.
That is a 'wash' as far as the huge number of Johnny foreigner that have supposed to infect the Islands then..
"The impact of the labour market is considered across a range of different sectors, including manufacturing, engineering, legal services, agriculture, hospitality, financial service and health care; and with regards to highly skilled, low skilled and regulated professions.
Manufacturing was another area considered in the report
"The effects are viewed as largely positive, providing a wide range of skilled labour and opportunities for UK workers and their employers in other member states."
Ah, again we go there as well then!!
It does not identify benefit tourism as a big problem, citing evidence which suggests most Europeans come here to work and have a strong work ethic, and are less likely to rely on state hand-outs than Britons.
Enough said..
In its evidence, the National Farmers Union said: "UK agriculture and horticulture has benefitted greatly from the free movement rights of workers...the impact has been large and positive.

"It has alleviated skills shortages and provided a welcome source of energetic and motivated workers eager to undertake work that is not being filled by the resident labour force."
Yes waste of time asking British benefit claimants to go out & work on the land..

So there you have the main points of the not too favourable EU study then... :D

Difficult to see much UKIP ammunition there. But I guess fear-mongering & rampant nationalism rarely needs to concern itself with the actual facts of the matter.. :D

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 20, 2014, 2:07 am

BobHelm wrote:You are, of course quite right Earnest, the EU supporters worry far too much.
I am sure that everything will be great for you as the 51st. State of the Union.
After all everything is perfect there economically, socially & politically with no issues at all.
Oh my word, I missed this May response, my apologies, Bob. You must think I'm awfully churlish.

51st State? No, you have me wrong. I'm a proper Little Englander - I'd like to see us wind down the so called 'special relationship' we have with that lot across the pond. :lol:

I like your latest post but could you provide a link? I'd like to read the whole feature.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 20, 2014, 6:59 am

You, churlish Earnest?? Never.. :D

The quotes were extractions in the media.
I have not seem a link to the full report yet. I understand it is not huge, less than 100 pages..
I believe that it was published yesterday & as soon as I have a link i will post here..

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 20, 2014, 4:53 pm

Thanks, Bob.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 20, 2014, 5:20 pm

BobHelm wrote:I believe that it was published yesterday & as soon as I have a link i will post here..
Oops getting ahead of myself.
It was leaked to the Beeb who were going to have a Newsnight program about it, on Friday.
However I think that the events with the aircraft & Ukraine made them go for a last minute switch as I couldn't find it..

The report is, I am reliably informed, about to be released by the Home Office.

As soon as it is it will be here... :D

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 20, 2014, 7:26 pm

You published ahead of official release?

You're not a former civil servant from GCHQ, are you, Bob? :-k

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 21, 2014, 8:33 am

Careful Bob. We don't want the CIA and MI 6 kidnapping you in a black op and taking you to an Egyptian prison or wherever they hold these wretched folks now. If there's one of these secret prisons in Isan then you're going to be in big trouble if you keep leaking the contents of official UK reports. MI 6's budget is probably big enough to get you there without any CIA involvement. At least the European Union are likely to complain about MI 6 black ops in Isan. The yanks won't.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 21, 2014, 8:54 am

I have worked for a multi-million Organisation in Cheltenham but have never worked for HMG Earnest.
Even I have some principles... :D

Don't worry about it GT. With how effective the current UK Government are I am in more danger from members of the English cricket team for my criticism of them than HMG.
I think either party would have difficulty finding Udon on a map. let alone physically getting here.. :D

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » July 21, 2014, 6:47 pm

You'll be OK Bob. They won't be able to get a visa, (or they'll be turned back at the bridge).

You're not into cigars anyway, are you?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 29, 2014, 12:18 pm

David Cameron has signalled that he could campaign for the UK to leave the EU. I have the feeling that he's got a tiger by the tail on the UK's membership of the EU.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 30, 2014, 12:22 am

Ooh, could you give me a steer on your link, old bean?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 30, 2014, 12:57 am

Here you are young bean if I'm the old bean:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... meron.html

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 30, 2014, 12:52 pm

Thank you.

The Telegraph? Ruddy officers' mess newspaper.

Just words from Cameron, of course. He's attempting to keep his backbenchers onside to stop the defections to UKIP. Blair's heir has no intention of leading the English to the Promised Land.

Business as usual, chaps, nothing to see here!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 1, 2014, 12:00 am

I see him as a kind of Mr. Bean character who might end up taking the UK to the promised land even if he doesn't intend to do that. Perhaps that's too harsh but he nearly did it with Scotland.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 1, 2014, 12:39 am

Cameron certainly took his eye off the ball when it came to the Scottish referendum but I wouldn't underestimate him. Mr Bean? Well, his panicky promises to Scotland demonstrated that through making his policies on the hoof and he will now need to ensure they're made good. But he's been successful in steering the economy with George Osborne, it's not something the wishy washy Widow Twankys of the Liberal Democrats can lay claim to.

God forbid if Labour get in next year, we'll be fooked for sure, old chum. That's why Cameron needs to do a deal with Farage's fruitcakes and loonies.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » October 21, 2014, 8:05 pm

Here is the UKIP Calypso song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xLbcIianBg
Mai mee tahng !

Return to “World News”