ClimateGate busts things wide open

World news discussion forum
ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 19, 2014, 11:37 am

GT93 wrote:You're trying to be amusing in asking us to take what the Murdoch media reports on scientist's opinions on climate science seriously?
Are you seriously suggesting that Murdoch made Britain’s Met Office Hadley Centre bluntly refer to the “recent pause in warming” and recognise that average global surface temperatures have “been relatively flat” since 1998.

James, James Bond - quickly get over to the Hadley Centre and thwart this Dirty Digger Murdoch plot to dominate the world by taking control of Australia's gas and coal assets. This is the opposite to British energy policy. Prevent the Hadley Centre from say bluntly that they accept the recent pause in warming and that temperatures have been relatively flay since 1998 at all costs. Protect the national interest. After that get over and deal with the Canadians and their tar sands :D

That would be funny, except your serious

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 19, 2014, 12:02 pm

"been relatively flat". Another own goal. :D

You willfully misrepresent scientists, posters posts and have scored heaps of own goals. What's the reason for the deceptions? Little confidence in what you post.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 19, 2014, 12:40 pm

GT93 wrote:"been relatively flat". Another own goal. :D

You willfully misrepresent scientists, posters posts and have scored heaps of own goals. What's the reason for the deceptions? Little confidence in what you post.
What "relatively flat" means is that global annual average temperature since 1997 show no statistically significant increase.

The statistically acceptable conclusion is that between 1997 – Present is the trend has remained constant, with a global temperature of 14.44 +/- 0.16 deg C (2 standard deviations.)

I know you have comprehension issues so this last bit might help - in 1997 the temperature was about 14.44 +/- 0.16 deg C (2 standard deviations.) and in 2013 was about 14.44 +/- 0.16 deg C (2 standard deviations.).

Not hard to wrap ones brains around, except for you.

So it is simple to understand that Britain’s Met Office Hadley Centre bluntly refer to the “recent pause in warming” and recognise that average global surface temperatures have “been relatively flat” since 1998, except for you.

Are you still having trouble linking to scientific sites?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/mo ... emperature

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 19, 2014, 1:01 pm

GT93, I think you should do the right thing and give that guy his avatar back. It is after all properly his!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 21, 2014, 1:06 am

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Very good. Archie packed full of steroids. Archie however had a sense of humour.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 21, 2014, 3:19 am

GT, are you winning, old bean?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 21, 2014, 2:44 pm

Yes, a big pissing contest. It stinks a bit. I stood back and rolled with it for a week or two but have started giving it back. Some posters have advised me that they just ignore the belligerent dork. Streuth he even went ape at the almost saintly Bob Helm.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 21, 2014, 4:01 pm

GT93 wrote:Yes, a big pissing contest. It stinks a bit. I stood back and rolled with it for a week or two but have started giving it back. Some posters have advised me that they just ignore the belligerent dork. Streuth he even went ape at the almost saintly Bob Helm.
You've shot yourself in the foot that many times you have no toes left - will make it difficult for you to count pass 10.

How will you calculate the earths temperature has been flat at about 14.44 C for the last 18 years, and how do you handle fractions?

I think you have probably shot your self in the head a few time also, but fortunately the bullets missed the tiny piece of brain lodged in skull.

Keep trying.

May you live forever.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 21, 2014, 4:08 pm

I think telling warmist fanatics that the planets temperature has not increased in 18 years is a bit like telling kids there is no Santa.

Maybe thats why the ecotards feel the need to kill Santa, well Santa's.

I am fairly certain the dead Santa's in the story are probably really old age pensioners doing dress-ups to get a bit of extra pocket money for the festive season.

But what if they do kill the real Santa?

What about the elf's. Think of the childreeeeeen!!!!

Shooting Santa to Save the World

"If you have ever doubted that warmism endorses a preening, totalitarian disdain for the lives and rights of others, take up a copy of "Climate Change" by graphic novelist Philippe Squarzoni, who imagines how virtuous it would be go berserk with an assault rifle in a shopping mall. And yes, he's not not joking"

http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/tony-tho ... ave-world/

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 23, 2014, 6:46 pm

Cheaper oil is good news

The industrial revolution itself was built around abundant cheap energy, mainly in the form of coal, which enabled mechanisation, which vastly amplified the productivity of the average worker and therefore his income. Today a typical British family of four uses as much energy as if it had 400 slaves in the back room pedalling eight-hour shifts on exercise bicycles. It would use even more if it also fed those slaves!

The falling oil price is largely the Americans’ fault. By reinventing the extraction process for first gas, then oil, with horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing, engineers have almost doubled the country’s output of oil in six years. That ingenuity was made possible by the high price of oil, which promised fabulous riches to those who could get oil out of shale, but it is no longer dependent on the high price of oil. It is often said that the cure for high oil prices is high oil prices and so it has proved.

But is cheap fossil fuel not bad news for the climate? A new paper in Nature magazine argues that when the gas boom sparked by fracking goes global, prices will fall fast, economic growth will accelerate and so we will end up using more energy and producing more emissions than before, even if we give up coal. It forgets to mention that if we get that much richer, we will also abolish much more poverty, disease and misery, and have the investment funds to invent new, cheap and low-carbon forms of energy too.

http://www.rationaloptimist.com/blog/ch ... -news.aspx

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 24, 2014, 7:21 am

Climate change PROVED to be 'nothing but a lie', claims top meteorologist

Dear UCLA Hammer Forum officials,

There is no significant man-made global warming at this time, there has been none in the past and there is no reason to fear any in the future. Efforts to prove the theory that carbon dioxide is a significant “greenhouse” gas and pollutant causing significant warming or weather effects have failed. There has been no warming over 18 years. William Happer, Ph.D., Princeton University, Richard Lindzen, Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Willie Soon, Ph.D., Harvard Smithsonian Observatory, John Christy, Ph.D., University of Alabama and 9,000 other Ph.D. scientists all agree with my opening two sentences.

Yet at your October 23 Hammer Forum on Climate Change you have scheduled as your only speakers two people who continue to present the failed science as though it is the final and complete story on global warming/climate change. This is major mistake.

I urge you to re-examine your plan. It is important to have those who attend know that there is no climate crisis. The ocean is not rising significantly. The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number. Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing). I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid.

I am the founder of The Weather Channel and a winner of the American Meteorological Society honor as Broadcast Meteorologist of the Year. I am not a wacko flat Earther. Nor am I a “paid shill” (as has been claimed) of the Koch Brothers. I am a serious Professional. I am strongly urging you to reconsider your plan.

I can be reached at 858-xxx-xxxx and will be pleased the discuss this matter with you and answer questions. I will be happy to provide links to all of the points I have made in this email. As a quick scientific reference you may wish to look at the website of the Non-governmental Panel on Climate Change. http://climatechangereconsidered.org/

My best regards,
John Coleman

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/52 ... el-founder

mortiboy
udonmap.com

ClimateGate busts things wide open... Latest report

Post by mortiboy » November 2, 2014, 9:21 pm

Mai mee tahng !

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by akwoodworker » November 3, 2014, 10:22 am

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 3, 2014, 2:30 pm

The IPCC, governments, international leaders and scientists seem to up their concerns almost monthly. The denialist's case seems in free-fall. Either denialists' sanity seems in question or they are pocketing dollars from polluters. They are being drowned by the new reports.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 3, 2014, 4:46 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1365351/clock ... e-warns-un

Another report that is full of hot air
no carbon emissions by 2100 ( like to see that I will be extremely old by then )
a window is closing to limit temp increase to 2c
carbon emissions need to reduced by 40-70% by 2050 100% by 2100
so which figure is it by 2050
big difference in %
boffans better get busy boffaning as going to need a fair bit of inventing done pretty quickly
It is not that I don't believe mankind has chamged the climate with his activities
it is just that pollies blow too much hot air
saying lots but doing f all

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » November 4, 2014, 12:35 am

Snow Fall in South East America Breaks 100 Year Records, Ushering in Mini Ice-Age
... "cooling was predicted at least two years ago by Russian scientist Habibullo Abdussamatov, supervisor of the Astrometria project on the International Space Station and head of space research at the Pulkovo Observatory, St Petersburg. Abdussamatov has predicted that this year will mark the start of a downward trend into a mini ice age, with its nadir in 2055. The cold period would be the fifth mini ice-age to occur in a millennium, suggesting that the climate is following a well-worn natural pattern.

In a video posted on climate science website Watts Up With That, David DuByne, editor of Oilseed Crops said “Active region count of sun spots is going to decrease over the next couple of solar cycles, which will usher in a period of cold weather as well as the Pacific seems to be cooling down. it’s almost a perfect storm that we’re going into a cool phase. The Atlantic will soon follow around 2020, and once all three of these indicators turn cool the planet’s definitely going to follow into a cool phase."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3222668/posts

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 4, 2014, 9:53 pm

Not cooling much in UK ....

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29851285
This year's Halloween has been the warmest on record in the UK, BBC weather has said.

A temperature of 23.6C (74.3F) was recorded in Gravesend, Kent and Kew Gardens, Greater London, surpassing the previous record of 20.0C.

Other parts of the south of England and the north coasts of Wales and Norfolk also broke the 20C mark.

The previous record was set in Dartford, Kent, in 1968 and matched in parts of Greater London in 1989.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 4, 2014, 9:59 pm

And pretty warm around the world in September ....

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/
The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for September 2014 was the highest on record for September, at 0.72°C (1.30°F) above the 20th century average of 15.0°C (59.0°F).

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » November 10, 2014, 4:16 pm

What a wally - this woman could not lie straight in bed - or provide straight answers to simple questions - typical warmist lies and distortion - "what I would say ....bs".

18 years and no increase in warming despite massive increases of CO2.

The temp has been about 14.44 C for the last 18 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb4vh0mcFK4#t=127

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » November 13, 2014, 4:25 pm

A Physicist Ponders the Pause

"After surviving a storm-tossed voyage, individual James I concluded that witches must have conjured tempests to do him ill because nothing ever happens by chance. In promoting the notion that climate trends are shaped by an industrialised world's CO2 emissions, warmists are in the same boat"

http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/doomed-p ... oks-pause/

Return to “World News”