Motorbike Fatality / Know Him? [Tambon Na Ka]

General Udon Thani topics only!
redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » October 21, 2014, 10:54 pm

From what I translate, this happened in Tambon Naka.

A link shared into Udon Thani Update facebook feed.

There's a Tambon closely resembling this name in the Udon Thani region.

Caution, graphic content. https://www.facebook.com/rescuemetha28/ ... 3073221164

RIP mate always terrible to go out like that.

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 22, 2014, 9:42 am

It appears he sustained a massive head injury.. From the baseball cap lying nearby it would appear he was not wearing a helmet.. RIP...
Dave

ddavisksa
udonmap.com

Post by ddavisksa » October 22, 2014, 10:08 am

looks to me like he was going the wrong way down the road. When will they ever learn?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 22, 2014, 11:19 am

ddavisksa wrote: by ddavisksa » October 22, 2014, 10:08 am

looks to me like he was going the wrong way down the road. When will they ever learn?

How do you work that out when the car is over the centre line looking like it's about to overtake, the motorbike has hit that portion of the car that is on the wrong side of the road of the road.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » October 22, 2014, 1:31 pm

First look I thought this was a Farang! Wife says he's from our village. Accident happened not far from Ban Nakha on the road to Ban Dung.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 22, 2014, 3:03 pm

Looks to me like another local idiot with no patience at all, so he attempts to overtake a car and create his own third lane down the center of a two lane road and clipped the motorbike coming in the opposite direction.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 22, 2014, 3:30 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:It appears he sustained a massive head injury.. From the baseball cap lying nearby it would appear he was not wearing a helmet.. RIP...
The cap may belong to the medic in attendance FrazeeDK, as unlike the shoes, it has been removed by the time the bodybag picture is taken :-k

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » October 22, 2014, 4:11 pm

Must be his cap.Its resting on his body bag
Mai mee tahng !

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » October 22, 2014, 4:23 pm

If he had a helmet would they put that on the body :-k Maybe the impact made the car veer to the right,no visible road on the right for the driver to have the car in that position :-k
RIP

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Motorbike Fatality / Know Him? [Tambon Na Ka]

Post by JoeThrows » October 22, 2014, 4:33 pm

Certainly looks to me like the car crossed the line to pass. Possible there was a vehicle in front of the bike, hiding the bike from the car and the car may have been too quick (impatient) to pass. Just observations.

Terrible way to go, though it sure looks to have ended too quickly to suffer.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 22, 2014, 4:57 pm

Having ridden big bikes in Thailand for the past twenty years the amount of near misses I have had with cars attempting to overtake, Thai drivers have no regard for bikes at all, heading back to Phuket last Songran from Udon I would have dodged over twenty cars, in the exact format as the accident shown here, RIP.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 22, 2014, 5:20 pm

coxo wrote:Having ridden big bikes in Thailand for the past twenty years the amount of near misses I have had with cars attempting to overtake, Thai drivers have no regard for bikes at all, heading back to Phuket last Songran from Udon I would have dodged over twenty cars, in the exact format as the accident shown here, RIP.
Which is EXACTLY the reason I have never and will never ride a bike (or even use a motorbike taxi) in Thailand =;

Seems that you have more "lives" than the average cat Coxo, I hope for your sake, and those close to you, that your luck holds [-o<

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 22, 2014, 6:11 pm

Coxo, I note your point about car drivers, may I put in a word for us poor car drivers who often have to swerve and avoid motorbikes who seem to think it is their god given right to move into fast moving traffic, turn in front of you and other inae and daft things without so much as indication causing the car driver to brake suddenly or swerve to avoid selfish and idiotic motorbike riders who seems unable to look in the mirrors if they are in fact fitted or even turned so that they can be used.
When the hoirn on the car is used the motorbike rider look unhappy and can be quite rude to the car driver.
IT IS NOT ALWAYS THE FAULT OF THE CAR , but thai mental;ity says it is unless facts prove otherwise, although this car looks as if it is at fault the actual truth may be a lot different. I note the poor deceased was NOT wear a helmet , other questions spring to mind speed etc, but it has happened RIP to the poor feller, but the truth could be not what we think.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » October 22, 2014, 6:53 pm

Did anyone look at some of the Facebook comments ? One girl wrote, the falang is not handsome ,hes ugly .. Perhaps if her head is smashed into the ground she wont be so suay ! What goes through there minds ? UNBELIVABLE ... :mad:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 22, 2014, 7:38 pm

Bings translation leaves a lot to be required

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Motorbike Fatality / Know Him? [Tambon Na Ka]

Post by JoeThrows » October 22, 2014, 7:56 pm

I wouldn't trust bing to translate cold water

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » October 22, 2014, 8:26 pm

JoeThrows wrote:I wouldn't trust bing to translate cold water
Bing ? It was my TGF ! She was disgusted when she read it..

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » October 22, 2014, 9:38 pm

Well it's not Yorkshire Craig, he died on a motorbike last week, in his village, and was cremated two days later, last Tuesday. Craig was one of the good ones. RIP.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 23, 2014, 5:59 am

its not me..but if i hadnt been wearing my NZ helmut last week, which took a fair smack on the roadway, it might have been..RIP whoever you are

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » October 23, 2014, 12:32 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
coxo wrote:Having ridden big bikes in Thailand for the past twenty years the amount of near misses I have had with cars attempting to overtake, Thai drivers have no regard for bikes at all, heading back to Phuket last Songran from Udon I would have dodged over twenty cars, in the exact format as the accident shown here, RIP.

Which is EXACTLY the reason I have never and will never ride a bike (or even use a motorbike taxi) in Thailand
=;
Seems that you have more "lives" than the average cat Coxo, I hope for your sake, and those close to you, that your luck holds [-o<
My sentiments exactly Statto.
What I fail to understand is this, I'm talking about farang motorbike riders now... Men who have worked hard their entire lives, raised families, did their best to be frugal and live within their means, saved money in banks, retirement funds, pensions, etc, so someday they could retire comfortably...

Then they retire here, throw caution to the wind, and ride a motorbike in this lunatic asylum.

I have friends who have been in a couple accidents already. Doesn't seem to faze them.

To add insult to injury, I've even observed a few of these devil-may-care retirees, riding around helmet-less, and small children riding helmet-less with them. :shock: UNBELIEVABLE!

When I ask some of the guys why? They usually reply with the same answer: "It's easier to find parking".

I always want to reply with something like this: 'Try parking a van with a wheelchair lift in it'. But, I don't, I just smile, and say: "Be Careful". :D

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”