Another shocking tourist death

Thailand news, views and comments
GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 21, 2014, 2:25 pm

Given your inside knowledge Dazzz is there any update on your report to the British authorities? You're in a terrible position. If the killers kill again, many of us in your position, would feel some responsibility if we hadn't taken all reasonable steps to have the perps put away. This must be a very difficult time for you unless you were writing a load of bollocks.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » October 21, 2014, 2:29 pm

It does seem you reap what you sew..........
http://asiancorrespondent.com/127509/no ... -tourists/
Watch Me!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 21, 2014, 2:43 pm

As per usual we have the normal keyboard detectives whose knowledge is what they think, not what they know . I know abolsutely nothing about the case factually BUT after so many years, I can tell when a case is flawed by what people are not saying and what they are not letting others do. You learn to read between the lines, many of us feel the same way, after discussion with friends in the UK ( Poice ) they know its rubbish, the big question is however, how can the real perpetrators be found and dealt with under the current judicial system here in Thailand . The answer I am afraid to write is that they may never be found , like so many other foreigner deaths in suspicious circumstances, the investigation is poor to non-existent and it is easier to let the case grow cold so that there is never any likelihood of any full and final ending to it.
It is a sad fact, but the only glimmer of hope is that it has highlighted the the international community to the shortcomings of the Royal Thai Police and that may well prove to be advantageous to make changes eventually, BUT I AM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH ON THAT ! :( :( [-o<

dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 21, 2014, 4:47 pm

Excellent link marjamlew. You are a master of research.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 21, 2014, 6:15 pm

yes well done marjamlew..I know most of those cases in the article..its well written and couldnt have said it better myself..except I might add that Thailand needs to consider its coming role in Asean, if it seeks to continue to blame hapless souls of Asean countries,for the wrongs of Thai's, if that is the case here. There is more at stake than tourist dollars

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » October 21, 2014, 6:28 pm

marjamlew wrote:It does seem you reap what you sew..........
http://asiancorrespondent.com/127509/no ... -tourists/
After reading the Item, I realize by trying to pin the crime on the two lads to save face,
Its backfired! Just another hole the nations dug deeper!
Mai mee tahng !

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 22, 2014, 1:35 am

Yes, a big own goal. I think the damage from this one will be large and will linger. It's a shame Burma doesn't have more political clout to stop this nonsense. They wouldn't dare fit up two young American lads in such a high publicity case.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 22, 2014, 8:38 am

Ah,but dont forget early on in the enquiry they were trying to pin it on one of the dead English boys friends,saying he was gay and it was a crime of passion !
They even put a pair of his soiled jeans in the dead boys luggage.........remember ???
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 22, 2014, 9:31 am

Zidane wrote:Ah,but dont forget early on in the enquiry they were trying to pin it on one of the dead English boys friends,saying he was gay and it was a crime of passion !
They even put a pair of his soiled jeans in the dead boys luggage.........remember ???
Do you have a link to that? Amazing Thailand!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 22, 2014, 10:01 am

Yes, I think I recall something like that now Zids. Presumably the police officer who makes the decision on what to do in these "delicate" situations thought about torturing some English lads. But when he thought about all the publicity he decided that he would rather be spending more quality time with his mia nois than slugging this out with a hostile UK or even worse getting rolled by the soldiers on this.

Maybe some of his young bucks started the fit up on the Brits but the decision maker said to them "No way Somchai and Kwai. Not a Pom. Find some lads who make this story less interesting."

Cripes I think us Kiwis were lucky there were no young NZers near the scene. They might have taken us on. The UK still packs a big enough punch. It's not just the UK government but also the UK's internationally infamous mongrel press.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 22, 2014, 11:23 am

rj04,
There were quite a few stories on the internet and the press about the gay British lad,who was a friend of David Miller,very early on in the investigation.
You could just google something like "English gay friend responsible for murder in koh tao" but here is an excerpt from Andrew Drummond which states that these allegations were completely without foundation !

Crazed gay foreigner

Then the hunt was on for the who seemed to be the obvious or rather usual suspects in the eyes of the locals, who were the Burmese migrant labourers a couple of thousand of whom were on the island many without documentation, and who appeared also to be a regular source of income to the local police – Anybody without papers is a source of income it seems on Koh Tao according to local media reports.
Then came the Ware brothers, Christopher and James, from Jersey, who were on holiday with David Miller. It seems an all-points bulletin was put out for them and they were stopped at Suvarnabhumi airport from boarding their flight and asked to undergo DNA tests. Christopher the 'crazed gay farang' seemed to be totally level-headed.
It appears that police did not DNA test them earlier out of krengjai
The bloodstained trousers, a prop which has appeared several times, which turned out to belong to Christopher Ware and were found in Miller's bag, were of course not blood-stained and totally irrelevant
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 22, 2014, 9:26 pm

Our differences of opinion make us richer but not our insults. Insults are the tool of the dictator.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 22, 2014, 11:44 pm

What has the slagging match got to do with this sad case on Koh Tau stop you bickering and point scoring and act like men. Not School kids who have had there toys confiscated.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 23, 2014, 5:56 am

Any foreigner unless they live on Koh Tao is unlikely to know the offenders and certainly not that well connected to Thais to find out . It is mere supposition and playing a childs game of I know something you don't, which is beneath most of us so you ignore the child.
Apart from the stupid and useless outpourings of children, some of the points raised by this forum on this horrific incident are valid and well though out. It is a shame that is has descended into a tit for tat, something that although you expect due to the infantile nature of some should have remained out of this post.
So gentleman ( I use that term loosely here ) kindly cease your arguments and concentrate on the reason why this post was started and show some respect, thank-you.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 25, 2014, 3:05 pm

Let's try to remember that the subject of this thread is not each other, it's the unfortunate deaths of two tourists. Also, I remind everyone that criticism of the current military government is prohibited. Some of the posts have come very close to that. Thanks!!

dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 25, 2014, 9:01 pm

Seriously not shocking if reading news for years. The violence inflicted on them had no Cause? Random violence. No conflict that Evening? Xenophobia?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 26, 2014, 12:34 am

What about simply the psychopathology of the perps? If so, they're likely to do something similar again.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 26, 2014, 2:31 am

all this ............ifs ........ n ans........... meant nowt , these poor young Burmese lads are gonna get the blame for the local pooy bans cover up nonsense story for this crime ....hey im kms away and even i can smell a big fat stinky rat.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 26, 2014, 6:32 am

[quote][/quote]Seriously not shocking if reading news for years. The violence inflicted on them had no Cause? Random violence. No conflict that Evening? Xenophobia?

Any reports about people dying unexpectedly is shocking especially when violence is added to the equation, in this incident and from my limited experience this could be a drug fuelled rage, now I am only surmising, but the main ingredient missing is apparent motive, there have been no reports of major arguments nor even a lovers tiff between two people arguing over the same person, it may be that those reports have not been released, but taking the speed at which the Police release details of almost everything, that would have been important enough to tell everyone.

I am conscious of the fact that this incident has affected the victims families and has attracted world wide interest, but tourists are fickle, I seriously doubt that in the long term it will affect numbers coming here, but I am sure that tourists will be more vigilant about their safety.

What is really interesting is for the first time I have noticed, the locals almost openly criticising the BIB more and more, not open revolution but about Road checks/ lack of action over problems / Police involved in nefarious activities, all this coupled with demands for money etc:-. This incident may or may not end in a satisfactory conclusion, but I feel the rot is now openly showing through the façade and slowly ,but only time will tell changes will have to be made to the ROYAL Thai Police, in order that the trust of the public is received again because at the moment it is at an all time low.

dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 26, 2014, 6:46 am

Why is this case getting so much attention? 2 Belgium beheaded in Pattaya but comparatively no attention. Why? Yes gruesome just the same. Thais tell me most victims in tourist spots are strangled to death from behind (surprise attack) with rope on beaches to get their wallet. This easily becomes a natural death or suicide and saves the tourist industry. Watch your back on those islands if you're foolish enough to visit them.

Return to “Thailand News”