Requirement for Retired guy's extension in October 2014

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 22, 2014, 6:28 am

rickfarang wrote:Lots of good information in this thread. Can anybody confirm that

1. I don't need to bring a recent photograph, and

2. I don't have to bring copies of my passport pages?
Rick. I went on Monday - I took two photographs - they kept one and took a photograph of me as well.

I took all relevant passport page copies and had to sign every one.

Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » October 23, 2014, 1:58 pm

As for getting photos, I had them taken early this year as I needed a new passport (At the photo shop opposite the provincial Police station, behind the IO). I had the brilliant :-" idea to have them make a double set of prints, so 8 photos. Needed 2 for the passport and got 6 left for the next years extension applications. We old chaps don't change anymore, a photo of 2 years ago looks the same as the reality :D

Copies I make at home, Google map from Udon to my house I print (have it stored).

I prefer, but that's personal, to have all paperwork done already, no need for officers to do that. I like it when they give some copies back because they don't need it. Also yellow house book, bank book (I go for the 65K system) and blue house book are kindly given back, without checking....

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 27, 2014, 3:28 pm

My 90 day was due last Friday but the general was having a sickie (an Aussie long weekend 4 days) the office was bursting at the seams so I decided I would use the 7 day clause, went back today the first thing he said I was overdue told him that I was there on Friday and he wasn't and there were to many people there he then had a change of attitude.

I entered in on the second of Feb. this year on O-A visa which will renew in January.

All the general speaking in Thai to my g/f kept on saying to her was go up to Nong Kia over into Laos to immigration there no paper work just go there and pay 1900B and they will give you another 12 month stamp, very quick not have to wait very long not like here.

Has anyone else been told this when they have been to the Udon Thani office, I an not applying for a marriage visa just the normal, I have the 800000b in the bank plus my pension is direct deposited on a monthly basis.
Any ones thoughts and answers would be appreciated, also the following queries that I have.
My last 90 day visit is on 23/01/2015 and I presume that visa expires on 02/02/2015 this is a difference of 10 days in total will they do both at the same time or make me visit twice? because of the 7 day rule.

Will I require a letter from my bank or just update my passbook on the day? and what about the TM 7 form? As I do not speak or understand a word of Thai I have no idea what he said.

Thanks in anticipation.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 27, 2014, 3:49 pm

macca46 wrote:I entered in on the second of Feb. this year on O-A visa which will renew in January
We are entering the world of a need to be speaking extremely precise here Macca & to need to be very cautious not to confuse different visas.
If you have a multi-entry OA visa then all you need to do in order to get another 12 months in Thailand is to exit the country & re-enter before the expiry date of the visa - which will be 12 months for the day you recieved it. Not 12 months from your entry into Thailand. You need no money in the bank or any other requirement just to ensure that the Immigration Officer gives you the 12 months date when you enter.
If your OA visa was only single entry then you need to get an extension based on retirement. You would do that at Udon, not Nong Khai & the requirements (including the financial ones) have already been outlined earlier in this thread..

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 27, 2014, 4:52 pm

Thanks Bob the one thing that I never took a lot of notice on my visa was the number of entry's it is marked as M so yes you are correct I do have a multiple entry visa.

The date of issue on Visa is 02.01.2014 and i think I received it in the mail about 3 days later, also the visa states enter before 01.01.2015 so I will have to do a border run prior to to Xmas or between Xmas and New Year or can I do it early December?

Ok maybe another stupid question not having been Laos yet do I need a Visa to enter there for the day to do this?

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 27, 2014, 5:05 pm

You can do the visa run any day you like this year!! :D
The problem is, of course that it will only last 1 year from the date that you return.
Yes you will need a visa for Laos, but you can get at the border (for 1,500 baht or 30 something US dollars - there is a variation by country of passport holder).
You can just instantly enter & exit Laos if that is what you want to do. However if you have never been then Vientiane is well worth a look in my opinion.
Remember that you must come back into Thailand BEFORE 01/01/2015 though.. :D

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 27, 2014, 5:24 pm

Thanks Bob all fully understood your help is much appreciated.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 27, 2014, 6:23 pm

There was a mention that Johnny Black was cheap in Laos for the next 90 dayer 555

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » October 28, 2014, 2:47 pm

macca46 wrote: (Some text removed for clarity)
I entered in on the second of Feb. this year on O-A visa which will renew in January.

All the general speaking in Thai to my g/f kept on saying to her was go up to Nong Kia over into Laos to immigration there no paper work just go there and pay 1900B and they will give you another 12 month stamp, very quick not have to wait very long not like here.

Has anyone else been told this when they have been to the Udon Thani office,
Haven't heard this one before. The "...no paperwork" part sounds strange and maybe suspicious. Maybe the part about getting the extension very quickly is because Nong Khai can approve an extension on the spot (conjecture on my part) while Udon will ask you to come back some times later (in my case, one month later).
I an not applying for a marriage visa just the normal, I have the 800000b in the bank plus my pension is direct deposited on a monthly basis.
Your mentioning 800,000 baht suggests that you are considering an extension based on retirement. If that is the case, you might want to read the pamphlet prepared by the Pattaya office of the Immigration Bureau that explains the requirements of obtaining an extension based on retirement. Even better, visit the office in Udon again and ask for this information because there might be some differences between the two offices.

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 0786,d.dGY
My last 90 day visit is on 23/01/2015 and I presume that visa expires on 02/02/2015 this is a difference of 10 days in total will they do both at the same time or make me visit twice? because of the 7 day rule.
Your permission to stay expires on the date noted on the entry stamp in your passport. It is not affected by when you made your 90 day address report.
macca46 wrote:
Will I require a letter from my bank or just update my passbook on the day? and what about the TM 7 form? As I do not speak or understand a word of Thai I have no idea what he said.
The T.M 7 form is available at the Immigration Office as well as being downloadable via the URL below.
http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... e=download

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 28, 2014, 6:05 pm

Apparently because I am on O-A with multiple entry this is what I can do as Bob suggested. the general was adamant about this that is why he said I this is where I should go to do it & suggested about Mr. Black and said see you in 3 months time.

While he was talking in Thai I do remember him pointing to the re-entry date 01/01/2015.

When I applied for my visa I had no idea about single or multiple entries they issued me with a multiple one.

Time will tell I will go to Nong Khai mid December and see what happens.

Immigration in UT has told me to go there so that is what i will try.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » October 30, 2014, 3:28 pm

Just to remind you that a person is obliged to get an extension at the Immigration office in the province where he lives. So if you live in Udon province I would not go to Nongkhai as they might reject you and send you back to Udon. Nongkhai is not the most friendly office around...

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 30, 2014, 3:33 pm

Good point Sanuk joe, a few years ago they implemented this and those of us who went to Bangkok as it was easier than having to confront Mr Happy in Nong Khai , thought OMG, but luckily things have moved on and Udon office is very customer orientated and it is quick and efficient other than the delay as a 'Certain Person ' has to sign and he is NOT based in Udon....go figure.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 30, 2014, 3:42 pm

Macca is not talking about going to Nong Khai Immigration Office.
He needs to exit Thailand this year in order to enact the Multiple of his OA visa & get another years' stay in Thailand.
He is talking about Nong Khai Immigration on The Bridge returning into Thailand.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » October 30, 2014, 3:45 pm

Sure Bob? This sentence makes me think he will follow the advice to get the extension in NK:

"Immigration in UT has told me to go there so that is what i will try"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 30, 2014, 3:52 pm

Well I gave him a couple of detailed posts of what he had to do (go to Laos) & after he had read them he said..
Thanks Bob all fully understood your help is much appreciated.
So I hope so...
Inside Thailand the most he is likely to get is a 30 day extension. That will take him past the expiry date of his OA visa, so he will get 13 months from it rather than 24.
So, as I said... I hope so.. :D

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 30, 2014, 6:52 pm

Thanks guys I now think that I fully understand that I have to do a border run exit Thailand at NOng Khai into Laos then return before 01/01/2015 to obtain another year on my O-A visa.

When I applied for my visa there was no question of single or multiple entry I accepted what they sent back and did not take a lot of notice of S OR m entries.

I am also aware that next year that I will have do go through all of the correct procedures with TM 7 financials etc.

Joe if you read the original thread Mr. 90 day spoke in Thai to my g/f who explained to me after we left the UT office my comment may have been confusing when I said NK/Laos, I now know I have to do a border run and ensure that I double check my stamps.

Thanks Bob you have been a great help.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 30, 2014, 7:04 pm

You are more than welcome Macca. :D
Having obtained the Multiple entry OA it would be unfortunate that you might not take the maximum benefit from it because of receiving poor information.
I hope that you have a happy 2015 in Thailand on the back of it!! :D

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 30, 2014, 7:15 pm

Thanks Bob I owe you your help and would like to shout you an ale for your help.

Also DU for his help on another matter.

Maybe when DM is up and running we can enjoy one or two there.

Let me know I am happy to shout.

Cheers.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”