Islamic State on the March

World news discussion forum
noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 25, 2014, 5:19 pm

think you can go back a few more 100 years or so for each of these great prophets
seems they had good ideas
but their followers turned that to a bloodbath
all in the name of the one and only
it if was not religious crusades it would have been some other empire builder doing the killing
history is littered with these great empire builders
so nothing changes but the names

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 25, 2014, 8:34 pm

"A fourth man from Portsmouth, England who went to fight in Syria for Islamic State (IS) is believed to have been killed.

Mehdi Hassan, 19, travelled to the country with a group of four other men in October 2013.

A photo of his body emerged on Twitter on Friday and his family confirmed earlier to their local mosque they had received news of his death.

Iftekar Jaman, Mamunur Roshid and Hamidur Rahman have previously been killed in the fighting". [-X

BBC

Live by the sword - die by the sword.

Lets hope he died at the hands of a female enemy - go seek and find the virgins if that was the case.

My heart pumps purple piss.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 25, 2014, 8:58 pm

socksy wrote: My heart pumps purple piss.
http://www.md.kku.ac.th/en/index.php?in ... page=queen

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 25, 2014, 9:30 pm

555 Jack - maybe I should pay them a visit and try and get some therapy at the same time =D>
Alba gu bràth

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 25, 2014, 10:03 pm

socksy wrote:A fourth man from Portsmouth, England who went to fight in Syria for Islamic State (IS) is believed to have been killed.
Ah yes, a local boy...well, local to me anyway.

There have been a few Pompey lads killed fighting in Syria.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29771293
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 26, 2014, 5:50 am

Western Australia mosque holds an open day:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/perth ... 1bro3.html

The IS loons won't be too happy with events such as this. =D>
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 26, 2014, 9:28 pm

It comes just a week after two Perth mosques and the Australian Islamic College in Thornlie were targeted by vandals who threw beer bottles and sprayed anti-Muslim graffiti on walls.
We had similar at the Portsmouth mosque. Someone painted a poppy on the establishment after some hot heads started setting alight to poppies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-11751268

Of course, those Bangladeshi Bad Boys that went to Syria to fight attended the Portsmouth mosque.

My view is that the world would be a better place if we all followed Buddha.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 26, 2014, 10:35 pm

Two Theravada Buddhist countries that have come down hard on Muslims are Thailand and Burma. All of the Theravada Buddhist countries (Thailand, Burma, Cambodia, Laos and Sri Lanka) have done both noble and horrible things in the past.

And then you have the Mahayana Buddhist countries that have syncretic religions (Buddhism mixed up with Taoism and Confucianism and animism in China; with Shintoism, Confucianism and animism in Japan; with Confucianism and animism in Korea; with Confucianism and who knows what else in Tibet, Mongolia and Bhutan) whose human rights record is also somewhat spotty.

It seems to be in the nature of the human beast to be cruel no matter what the religion.

Maybe, Khun Earnest, you should become a Quaker. 55+
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 26, 2014, 11:24 pm

Maybe, I have a liking for porridge on a weekend. :D

There is that disconnect between the teachings of Buddha and the culture of Buddhist countries and Thailand is a good example. As you said, the nature of the human beast will overrule what any religion teaches.

Of course, many Muslims in the UK will tell you that religion and culture are the same thing in Islam.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 27, 2014, 12:41 am

Out of all of the organised religions in the world, I too find Buddhism to be a bit ahead of the others in the way it responds to life and the way to live a useful one. However, like a good Hindu, I can incorporate certain thoughts from any religion into my version of atheism.

I like porridge too but I eat it during the week at work. Perhaps I also need to take a closer look at the Quakers. As you know, the Western Senior Hockey League had a team, the Saskatoon Quakers, and they were a rather rough lot.

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Saskatoon_Quakers

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 27, 2014, 3:36 am

I always enjoy how our conversations go off on a tangent, Uncle Tilo, but I doubt the Saskatoon Quakers were as rough as some of the schoolgirls that attend our local secondary school.

Here's a rather impressive bunch of explosions outside Kobane. Bombs and the like dropped by the US led coalition in an effort to rid the region of these IS nutters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... video.html

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 27, 2014, 6:37 pm

Apparently, while the U.S. has been bombing suspected ISIS targets in Kobane, President Assad of Syria has carried out more bombing missions than the U.S. His bombs seem to be directed vs. the Syrian opposition groups the U.S. supports. This has not been widely reported although the New York Times caught on to it in the past few days. Analysts say this will drive the so-called 'moderate' Syrian groups to join ISIS since their number one priority is to get rid of Assad, not ISIS.

Assad's message to the West, according to the Mid-East pundits, is that you can choose between me or ISIS, up to you.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 27, 2014, 8:22 pm

well now, there's "bombing missions" with GPS and laser guided bombs which land directly on the heads of those targeted and then there's Assad's falling apart air force rolling barrels full of explosive out the ass end of an MI-17 helicopter or lobbing iron bombs down from jet aircraft with no targeting.. Of course they'd have to have "more" bombing" missions that the U.S. to get about 1% of the effect the U.S. gets.
Dave

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 28, 2014, 1:15 am

I seem to remember British newspapers reporting that RAF Harriers only hit Serbian targets in the Former Yugoslavia 2% of the time and they had all the technology at their hands. :shock:

Did you enjoy the video? I'll bet those guys on the hill are proper deaf by now.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 31, 2014, 2:07 pm

It's human nature to flip-flop. So I thought I'd post something to help those flip-flop from one extreme to becoming Muslim:

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Muslim

I'm not going to post something to help someone flip-flop into IS. The NSA and other spooks might start keeping tabs on me. IS is also a bunch of ...
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » November 1, 2014, 12:22 pm

Two ex-US sniper's point's of view of view including the Bush and Obama administration's.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/386485954900 ... show-clips
Alba gu bràth

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » November 1, 2014, 12:38 pm

Showing ISIS a good time

What level of sophistication without any collateral damage even the mules / donkeys have been spared.

A must view 15 minute clip

Attacking Isis by USA forces. What morale and pride this must give the forces fighting these :dead: insurgents

https://t.co/7y4mTryb7d
Alba gu bràth

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 3, 2014, 7:35 pm

Problems arise when you provide up-to-date weapons to a so-called ally, and they turn around and join the enemy.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/11/03 ... sis-assad/

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 3, 2014, 8:06 pm

Maybe the Russians were right and the West should have backed Assad. Better the Devil you know and all that...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 3, 2014, 8:14 pm

Earnest wrote:Maybe the Russians were right and the West should have backed Assad. Better the Devil you know and all that...
If you look at western interference in the middle east over the last many decades, there have been plenty of own goals, and very few successes.

In fact, the only major success is probably Saudi - without doubt the most repressive regime in the region.

Time to clear out, and let them sort out their own problems. The US is no longer so reliant on their oil ........ probably only Tony Abbott needs to continue, so that he can say to the gullible Australian public - look over there, and ignore the total disaster my government has been in the last 12+ months.

Return to “World News”