Americans with Direct Deposits Bangkok Bank

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » November 11, 2014, 10:19 am

This posting is for the information of only Americans with Direct Deposits to Bangkok Bank NY.
A New York Law Firm is looking into a class action Law Suit based on this Banks failure to disclose the amount of monies they charged and remove prior to forwarding to your account. 1 Deposit 1 Fee, 2 Deposits 2 Fees. I have only learned of this fee amount this year and have been dealing with them since 2010. They end up taking over $350,000.00 a year and then Thailand charges another fee. New York is in fact bound by our Laws.

This firm has also requested all involved and want action on this to contact the below individual.

[email protected]

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » November 11, 2014, 1:49 pm

Thanks. I've emailed them.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 11, 2014, 2:31 pm

I hope this doesn't cause them to stop transferring money for us. This set-up has worked well for me and whatever the fee is it's much less than transferring money from a US bank account directly to a bank account in Thailand.

I transferred money through the Buffalo branch last month and the fee's came out to 0.21 Baht to the dollar.
I think that's reasonable.

Are their additional fees for direct deposit?
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 11, 2014, 2:50 pm

Peter USNR wrote:failure to disclose the amount of monies they charged and remove prior to forwarding to your account. 1 Deposit 1 Fee, 2 Deposits 2 Fees.
I don't get it. I would think that most people would understand that a fee will be applied to each deposit made. What am I missing?

The fees are stated here:
http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/ ... omUSA.aspx
UFF DA!

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » November 11, 2014, 6:20 pm

Bangkok Bank NY was required to not only disclose the actual fee but the dollar amount prior to accepting each and every Direct Deposit. If you think it is reasonable to collect over $350.000.00 to simply wire transfer what the US Treasury has ACH to them that is your choice and I can accept that. Bangkok then charges .25 for doing what since it is already in their possession. Also in New York State they have Laws that prohibit charging any fee to accept the deposit. American Banks do not charge a fee to accept Direct Deposits from the US Treasury. So simply put why 2 fees.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » November 11, 2014, 6:27 pm

Sorry due to a missing typing 1 deposit 2 fees, New York then Thailand. So we are charged twice and neither fee shows up in either my statement or passbook nor the rate of exchange applied

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 11, 2014, 7:43 pm

The international desk on the mezzanine floor (BBL, Prajak Road) will give you the dollar amount of the transfer/deposit. I am not sure about the fee, but you can ask.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 11, 2014, 8:18 pm

Thanks for clarifying.
UFF DA!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 11, 2014, 9:31 pm

Peter USNR wrote:Bangkok Bank NY was required to not only disclose the actual fee but the dollar amount prior to accepting each and every Direct Deposit. If you think it is reasonable to collect over $350.000.00 to simply wire transfer what the US Treasury has ACH to them that is your choice and I can accept that. Bangkok then charges .25 for doing what since it is already in their possession. Also in New York State they have Laws that prohibit charging any fee to accept the deposit. American Banks do not charge a fee to accept Direct Deposits from the US Treasury. So simply put why 2 fees.

I remember years ago a disgruntled Vietnam era vet walked into the Bangkok Bank in Udon with a U.S. government check and blew a gasket when the bank refused to accept it.
To the best of my knowledge, Bangkok bank is the only bank to offer direct deposit, their fees are clearly stated, and are cheaper than any other method of transfer. Seems fair to me.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 11, 2014, 9:57 pm

Fee's
Yes there are 2 fee's
One in NY of $5 USD's and then
one here in Thailand of 400 Baht.

If you want to see the trans, go to 2nd floor of main Udon Bangkok Bank, same place to exchange currency, she will print out the transfer which will show xchange rate and fees, bring DOC'S.

I did it the 1st time, so not sure if rates have changed in last 3 or 4 years.

If it works, don't FncK with it!

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » November 12, 2014, 6:08 am

Peter USNR wrote:This posting is for the information of only Americans with Direct Deposits to Bangkok Bank NY.
A New York Law Firm is looking into a class action Law Suit based on this Banks failure to disclose the amount of monies they charged and remove prior to forwarding to your account. 1 Deposit 1 Fee, 2 Deposits 2 Fees. I have only learned of this fee amount this year and have been dealing with them since 2010. They end up taking over $350,000.00 a year and then Thailand charges another fee. New York is in fact bound by our Laws.

This firm has also requested all involved and want action on this to contact the below individual.

[email protected]
It has further come to my attention that these fees apply to all transfers not just Direct Deposits and not just Americans.

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » November 12, 2014, 9:35 am

I just bank with schwab.Can withdraw up to 20000 baht.Schwab reimburses ATM fees.So I don't transfer money to Thai banks.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 12, 2014, 9:42 am

RLTrader wrote:Fee's
Yes there are 2 fee's

If you want to see the trans, go to 2nd floor of main Udon Bangkok Bank, same place to exchange currency, she will print out the transfer which will show xchange rate and fees, bring DOC'S.

I should also say that the xchange rate is always a lot better than I get using ATM card on american bank. Seems that I get about .20 higher than whats quoted on say Yahoo. While with the ATM card I get about 1.50 less then Yahoo quote, plus the 180 baht fee.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 12, 2014, 9:45 am

thrilled wrote:I just bank with schwab.Can withdraw up to 20000 baht.Schwab reimburses ATM fees.So I don't transfer money to Thai banks.
No fees is a good thing. =D>
Have you checked to make sure your getting the current exchange rate?
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 12, 2014, 9:55 am

RLTrader wrote:
RLTrader wrote:Fee's
Yes there are 2 fee's

I should also say that the xchange rate is always a lot better than I get using ATM card on american bank. Seems that I get about .20 higher than whats quoted on say Yahoo. While with the ATM card I get about 1.50 less then Yahoo quote, plus the 180 baht fee.
I've found that to be true also. Bangkok bank has a good exchange rate page that you can plug in the date and see exactly what the exchange rate was that day.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BANGKOKBANK/ ... Rates.aspx

I just took a look at my last 3 transfers and matched them up against the exchange rate on the day that they were posted. There were no additional fees over what's posted on there website.

Transfer fees:
screenshot
UFF DA!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 12, 2014, 10:26 am

Hmm, will need to look at site and see if I can send from american bank.

Keyed in 3 Nov and got these rates

USD: 50-100 32.23 32.88 32.38 32.48 32.73

What I calculated out when I entered into Quicken's was the rate of 32.792 - What my widget said (think it uses Yahoo) was 32.63 for 3 Nov.

It was calculated minus $5 US fee.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » November 12, 2014, 10:31 am

I make 2 ATM withdraws a month from my U.S. bank which covers all my monthly expenses. No hassles small fee each time.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 12, 2014, 10:16 pm

RLTrader wrote:Hmm, will need to look at site and see if I can send from american bank.

Keyed in 3 Nov and got these rates

USD: 50-100 32.23 32.88 32.38 32.48 32.73

What I calculated out when I entered into Quicken's was the rate of 32.792 - What my widget said (think it uses Yahoo) was 32.63 for 3 Nov.

It was calculated minus $5 US fee.
So your doing the direct deposit, only being charged a $5.00 fee, and getting a exchange rate better than the posted rate.

I don't see what the OP's lawsuit could be about then. Unless there's some inconsistencies between one customer and the next? :-k
UFF DA!

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » November 13, 2014, 7:11 am

My fees in NY alone totaled $15.00 a month. Also in Thailand about $12.00.

I have just heard back from the New York Attorney and my statements are correct neither their application form or the information posted on their web site meet the requirements of US Law on disclosures of fee's and the amounts there of. Said disclosure was required to be made at the time of opening the account and prior to receiving the first deposit Said fees are also required to be shown either on a statement, passbook, online account access etc., and they are not.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » November 13, 2014, 7:17 am

And what will the result of the law suit be? Bangkok Bank NY cancel all direct deposits? Or will they just start posting their fees?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”