Yellow House book (tabien ban)

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Isan1968
udonmap.com

Post by Isan1968 » October 19, 2014, 2:28 am

Soon our (my Thai wife) house in Udon will be finish. Her father (like he said) already do apply a house book for my wife because we don´t stay Thailand now.
I also want to have a yellow house book.
What for dokuments i need for apply that yellow house book? How long time it takes for apply?
Do i Need to stay Thailand for apply, or can my father in law apply do it for me?

Thank
Regards
Ian

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 19, 2014, 10:41 am

check this latest thread > Link and others in this Forum.

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Post by BossHogg69 » October 19, 2014, 1:44 pm

you will have to be there in person, with the blue book holder as well, and a suitable long term visa.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 19, 2014, 2:17 pm

In person yes
not so sure about needing long term visa
as got mine on a 60 day tourist visa
this was 3 years ago

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 19, 2014, 3:36 pm

all those forum-discussions about yellow house book will sooner or later come to the point that the requested papers and costs vary from case to case.
the best is to go to the amphoe office by yourself and ask what is needed in your own case.

Isan1968
udonmap.com

Post by Isan1968 » October 23, 2014, 11:46 pm

Thanks to everybody. ;)
Anybody have experience in apply the yellow house book in the Udon Office?
And how long time the process will be?
I think Tourist Visa also will be ok?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 24, 2014, 10:10 am

just got mine the other day.. the Thai wife and I asked the Phuyai Ban to assist and witness.. He took us to the Nong Bua Tessaban where an official reviewed all the paperwork we'd brought (pretty much all that's listed as necessary in the earlier strings and in Udon-News).. It seems the wife's Tabian Ban was incorrect, listing her as a resident of the property instead of owner (this might be something for all Thai wives to check if they are owners).. After that was corrected (one week), the official told us to be patient that the Yellow Book would come.. Two weeks later it did.. No other issues and no money asked for... Nice folks and the official in reviewing our paperwork on some other stuff provided some good advice to fix some issues there too..
Dave

Isan1968
udonmap.com

Post by Isan1968 » October 26, 2014, 12:42 am

FrazeeDK wrote:just got mine the other day.. the Thai wife and I asked the Phuyai Ban to assist and witness.. He took us to the Nong Bua Tessaban where an official reviewed all the paperwork we'd brought (pretty much all that's listed as necessary in the earlier strings and in Udon-News).. It seems the wife's Tabian Ban was incorrect, listing her as a resident of the property instead of owner (this might be something for all Thai wives to check if they are owners).. After that was corrected (one week), the official told us to be patient that the Yellow Book would come.. Two weeks later it did.. No other issues and no money asked for... Nice folks and the official in reviewing our paperwork on some other stuff provided some good advice to fix some issues there too..
So, it mean it takes about 2 weeks? Sounds good. :-k
What paperwork you need to show them? I don´t have Residenz Visa...you think Tourist visa will be ok?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 26, 2014, 4:49 pm

well, that's what it took for me and contrary to normal procedure I did NOT have to go to the main Amphoe office downtown. The Tessaban official evidently took care of all that.. So my time in office the first time was about 45 minutes reviewing all the paperwork and providing that to the official and then returning a second time about two weeks later to sign I think 5 separate forms with my full signature and he gave me the Yellow Book.. The Phu Yai Ban was there for the first visit and evidently came in after I departed the second visit to sign his witness blocks... I was in absolutely no rush to get it for any reason so sabai sabai..
Dave

Isan1968
udonmap.com

Post by Isan1968 » October 27, 2014, 12:28 am

FrazeeDK wrote:well, that's what it took for me and contrary to normal procedure I did NOT have to go to the main Amphoe office downtown. The Tessaban official evidently took care of all that.. So my time in office the first time was about 45 minutes reviewing all the paperwork and providing that to the official and then returning a second time about two weeks later to sign I think 5 separate forms with my full signature and he gave me the Yellow Book.. The Phu Yai Ban was there for the first visit and evidently came in after I departed the second visit to sign his witness blocks... I was in absolutely no rush to get it for any reason so sabai sabai..

what's needed, as mentioned here's the link off Udon News listing the items.. They are also somewhere way back in this string. http://udon-news.com/en/law/the-yellow-house-book
Thank you.
In fact i just only have Tourist Visa in my Passport not a permanent Visa, hope that´s also ok for apply the yellow housebook. :-k

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » October 27, 2014, 1:30 am

It took us five or six trips to the office. No fee requested. Took a couple of weeks. Over that time, we had to bring a witness and provide documents showing that I'm here long-term. Everybody has a different experience.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 27, 2014, 9:58 am

rickfarang wrote:Everybody has a different experience.
Touchdown!

I got my YHB last october.
Is it really such a big advantage to have one? I still can't tell....

Aside from discussing what is needed for the application we could also discuss the pros and cons.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » October 27, 2014, 10:44 am

Isan1968
udonmap.com

Post by Isan1968 » November 14, 2014, 12:44 am

Thank you. As soon as i keep the tabien ban, i will do report in here.

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Post by Turdyboy » November 14, 2014, 4:14 am

There is no benefit to having a yellow house book.
I've had one for years. Never used it once. NEVER.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't have bothered.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House book (tabien ban)

Post by JoeThrows » November 14, 2014, 7:52 am

Pretty ridiculous to ask that you drag your local poo yai baan into town, possibly more than once in order to obtain a yhb

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Post by BossHogg69 » November 14, 2014, 8:50 am

If of no use to you, you must do nothing here, great for buying cars bikes tractors, great for visa extensions at immigration, great for opening new bank accounts investments etc, great for post pay telephones true tv and internet, the positives are endless, worth its weight in gold as far as I am concerned so very useful.

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Post by Turdyboy » November 14, 2014, 9:04 am

It is required for none of those activities.
My truck is in my name. I bought it before I had a yellow book.
You do not need a yellow book for any immigration extension.
A yellow book is not required to open a bank account or pay bills.

It's of no use in obtaining a driver's license. It's useless. I would advise any member considering jumping through the hoops to obtain a yellow book to reconsider. It's simply not worth it.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 14, 2014, 9:26 am

I have literally all of those things on the list, except a yhb.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 14, 2014, 9:51 am

There is one possible benefit to a yhb that I haven't seen yet. A yhb will clinch your status as a legal resident here if you are an American who is filing for a green card in behalf of a Thai family member.

This means you can file at uscis in bkk, rather than "homeland security" in the states. That alone saves a lot of time and cash

Return to “House & Land”