Marriage visa extension nightmare beware!

General Udon Thani topics only!
Firfox
udonmap.com

Post by Firfox » November 18, 2014, 11:07 pm

I think it is totally bazaar. Maybe we should ask for a meeting as a collective with immigration and the governor of Udon Thani. For all those who jump on the bandwagon and say this is a waste of time you can either accept things as they are or represent yourself and put your case forward.yes we may get no where but we might be able to influence a partial change. It sounds like we would get support from the Embassy. I am fortunate for I work here and have all the legal documentation and can stop on a non B not everyone is as lucky. PM me if you are interested in making a case

Firfox
udonmap.com

Post by Firfox » November 18, 2014, 11:10 pm

Who do you.mean by Britain economic refugees Turdboy

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » November 19, 2014, 12:20 am

Who do you.mean by Britain economic refugees Turdboy

Yes what is that all about..

malc123

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » November 19, 2014, 2:05 am

Turdyboy wrote:All these Briton economic refugees need a more thorough scrutiny -- almost all of them are liars. Sorry if it hurts, it's my opinion.
As an American I take extreme issue with your insulting our Briton peers.

How rude, especially in a thread of such importance.

Such a comment (or user for that matter) surely should not stand and should be reported by any and all who wish to do so.

See 'report howto' image attached.

It's games like this that lead to bad feelings Turdyboy, or shall we refer to you by your previously banned ID of "Texpat"?

RW
Selection_999(142).png
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Jaluun

Post by Jaluun » November 19, 2014, 2:18 am

Wow this is worrying, would a affirmation of marriage(certificate of qualification) from my wife be enough? Can we even get such a thing since we are already married now? I don't have these papers anymore and also didn't originally marry in Thailand. I do have a paper translated to Thai and stamped at foreign ministry in Thailand stating that I am married to her. Shouldn't this be enough of a confirmation??

UM-Tech
udonmap.com

Post by UM-Tech » November 19, 2014, 5:41 am

Reports acknowledged.

Offensive post removed & it's author's posting privs limited.

And now back to the discussion at hand...

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 19, 2014, 8:34 am

I have always counselled that a marriage visa is one of the hardest to acquire way back in the very early years of my life here, I was ADVISED by Immigration themselves go down any other route other than marriage if you can it was nightmare then and now the chicken has come home to roost, with fraud etc, the Thais are ensuring that anyone who is married is legally married no matter where they were married. It would seem bizarre that a person married to his Thai wife in a foreign country should have to produce a certificate saying he was legally married but if we remember that this has been brought about by a THAI circumnavigating the rules and some foreigners abusing the system, those whpo are here legally married legally are having to jump through hoops because....

So I agree the system is flawed it will I am sure settle down in the future after the panic they are experiencing to make sure no-one else in the employ of the RTP Immigration dept has been working the system for their own ends.

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 19, 2014, 8:58 am

Will let everyone know tomorrow evening how i got on.
I have the English translation of the Kor ror 2,when we lived in Oz.
The first line states (both parties are not spouses of any other persons and they have never registered a marriage before)
then it goes on to say that we hereby declare that the statement recorded by the registrar,and hereby certify that it is true in all respects.
I think immigration don't even understand what the kor ror 2 stands for.
Is this a made up law here in Udon or does anyone else know if the power of affirmation is required nation wide.

goshawk
udonmap.com

Post by goshawk » November 19, 2014, 9:02 am

The reason immigration would like you to go for retirement visa over marriage is about 2 kilos worth of paper work this was mentioned to my wife while we were applying for extension,but what they don,t seem to understand is if they are working from say,9am-5pm what difference does it make ?.maybe they don,t like losing 2 officers out the office to go on home visits.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » November 19, 2014, 9:22 am

mr passout wrote:Will let everyone know tomorrow evening how i got on.
I have the English translation of the Kor ror 2,when we lived in Oz.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
Would you please be so kind and post a picture of your "Kor ror 2"? I still have no idea how this document looks like. For privacy reasons you may paint some parts black.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 19, 2014, 9:25 am

Theres a lady on our estate whose daughter works in Local Government in Sakhon Nakhon.
Her fixed hours are 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday and,I think,8.30am -12.30 lunchtime on Saturday.
Her workload is such that she has no chance of completing it within her set hours so has to work unpaid overtime,usually at home.
Maybe the same with Immigration and why they prefer the Retirement option to the Married one ??

Just sayin' ;)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

goshawk
udonmap.com

Post by goshawk » November 19, 2014, 9:27 am

Zidane wrote:Theres a lady on our estate whose daughter works in Local Government in Sakhon Nakhon.
Her fixed hours are 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday and,I think,8.30am -12.30 lunchtime on Saturday.
Her workload is such that she has no chance of completing it within her set hours so has to work unpaid overtime,usually at home.
Maybe the same with Immigration and why they prefer the Retirement option to the Married one ??

Just sayin' ;)
Sounds about right :D

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 19, 2014, 10:19 am

AS STATED RETIREMENT WAS ALWAYS THE EASIER OPTION FOR THEM AND FOR US, ( UNLESS YOU WANT TO WORK ) even then it had to go to Bangkok for finalisation before being pout into your passport, so one assumed it was the trek for us to Nong Khai two or three times and for them the extra workload. Nothing has changed for them or us it would appear.

Firfox
udonmap.com

Post by Firfox » November 19, 2014, 11:12 am

Hi all

Just to let you know the Kor Ror 2 in question (stating both parties are single and free to marry)is the third document that goes along with your marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3) and your Kor Ror 2 which both parties sign on both sides. We have already spoken to Immigration in regards to this and they will not accept it. They are addament either the original or copy of your affirmation to mary or a letter from your Embassy stating that when you were married you were legally single. I assume if you have previously been married they will also want a copy of your divorce Degree absolute. I have also been to Udon Thani Amphure and only your Kor Ror 2 is kept on record not your affirmation to marry.

Hope this helps

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 19, 2014, 11:15 am

If i could i would do retirement,but we are talking here about marriage visa,and the current problem.
My wife also worked in the public hospital Mon-Friday often coming home with extra book work on weekends to complete unpaid for.
with very lousy pay.
But she was never into extortion.

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 19, 2014, 11:30 am

the NZ embassy could only give me a Statuary declaration,as power of affirmation is now pointless as we are married,hence she told me to write it out explaining that I have never been married before at the time and never registered a marriage,and when i did get married i was holding that passport number and so on.and stamped and signed by the NZ embassy.had all photocopies of everything to do with the marriage stamped and endorsed just in case.
will let you know,hopefully they can realise that this is going to be a lot of headaches for all concerned and revert back to the old system.
like i said the english translation of the kor ror 2 states in the first line(both parties are not spouses of any other persons and they have never registered a marriage before)
I think the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

msa
udonmap.com

Post by msa » November 20, 2014, 5:15 am

Firfox wrote:Hi all

Just to let you know the Kor Ror 2 in question (stating both parties are single and free to marry)is the third document that goes along with your marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3) and your Kor Ror 2 which both parties sign on both sides. We have already spoken to Immigration in regards to this and they will not accept it. They are addament either the original or copy of your affirmation to mary or a letter from your Embassy stating that when you were married you were legally single. I assume if you have previously been married they will also want a copy of your divorce Degree absolute. I have also been to Udon Thani Amphure and only your Kor Ror 2 is kept on record not your affirmation to marry.

Hope this helps
Thanks for clarify. I just checked and I got a copy the คร2 (KR2) as well as my letter of intruduction from my Embassy. So I hope I'm the safe side :confused:

/M
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 20, 2014, 2:37 pm

Well everyone received my consideration of stay today,with the letter from the embassy.
Go back early January to pick up my remaining 11 months,she said once you are in the system again as there is a small stamp in Thai with the number 1 next to it,which means first visa extension.
I asked when this came into effect she stated 29th of August.

also put the question on Thai visa and these where a couple of the responses.Posted Today, 09:17
It is not unusual they now ask for this document, a copy of the affirmation to get married letter.

You do not have it, as the amphur will have kept it when you got married. Try the amphur where you got married to get a copy from them. Many members have succeeded in that. If they can't provide it, ask them for a letter explaing that.

#3 power of affirmation needed for marriage visa extension: post #3 ubonjoe
Star Member

Posted Today, 09:26
There are cases where immigration ask for the affirmation of permit to marry. From other reports it seems to occurring more often at the moment.
As said you will have to go to the Amphoe or Khet where you registered your marriage and ask them for a copy of it. If they cannot find it or are unwilling to look for it you should ask them for a letter stating that addressed to immigration. In the past immigration has accepted the letter instead of the affirmation.

Hope this helps everyone out there doing marriage visa's

cactus
udonmap.com

Post by cactus » November 20, 2014, 2:43 pm

thanks for the heads up mr passout cheers

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » November 21, 2014, 8:50 am

Well everyone received my consideration of stay today,with the letter from the embassy.
Go back early January to pick up my remaining 11 months,she said once you are in the system again with the new paperwork it will be much easier next time. as there is a small stamp in Thai with the number 1 next to it,which means first visa extension this is a small stamp just above the stamp for under consideration.
I asked when this stricter law regarding marriage and power of affirmation came into effect she stated 29th of August.

also put the question on Thai visa and these where a couple of the responses.Posted Today, 09:17
It is not unusual they now ask for this document, a copy of the affirmation to get married letter.

You do not have it, as the amphur will have kept it when you got married. Try the amphur where you got married to get a copy from them. Many members have succeeded in that. If they can't provide it, ask them for a letter explaing that.

#3 power of affirmation needed for marriage visa extension: post #3 ubonjoe
Star Member

Posted Today, 09:26
There are cases where immigration ask for the affirmation of permit to marry. From other reports it seems to occurring more often at the moment.
As said you will have to go to the Amphoe or Khet where you registered your marriage and ask them for a copy of it. If they cannot find it or are unwilling to look for it you should ask them for a letter stating that addressed to immigration. In the past immigration has accepted the letter instead of the affirmation.

Myself and a few other Udon residence been told to definitely go to your embassy not amphur if you don't have the power of affirmation.she kept all copies of the statuary declaration and all the marriage papers which the NZ embassy endorsed,even the English ones i used for my wife visa to OZ.with myself of course keeping all originals.
also she wanted 4 copies of passport page and TM6 card.

Hope this helps everyone out there doing marriage visa's

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”