Motorcycle helmets

General Udon Thani topics only!
wazza
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by wazza » November 17, 2014, 6:07 am

its implying that punishment is suitable for law breakers , wearing a helmet is law , so one could imply that not wearing one , the rider should be punished also,

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by KHONDAHM » November 17, 2014, 6:17 am

I used to admonish others for riding without a helmet. That was before I fully understood Darwinism. Ride on!

Seriously, people: If you are single with no responsibilities, then yes it is your right and your choice how you ride. However, if others depend on you for support and/or you have children, then it is NOT your "right" or "choice". You need to grow the F up and appreciate how your death may impact others you leave behind.

A former life-long rider myself, I gave up 2-wheels after being rear-ended by a driver more concerned about her mobile phone conversation than my stopped motorbike with the turn signal flashing. Fortunately, I never locked the seat for exactly that reason and the force of the impact caused the seat to fling me 10 meters and I landed on my feet (with my helmet still on). The motorbike was totaled. My new wife and daughter were summoned to the scene. She saw the bike before she saw me. Well, without getting dramatic, that was my last ride on 2 wheels.

IMHO, if others depend on you, then you need to do everything you can to stay alive.

Be a husband. Be a father. Be responsible.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by BossHogg69 » November 17, 2014, 6:18 am

The law is an ass, personal freedom should be allowed

wazza
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by wazza » November 17, 2014, 6:34 am

The law is there to protect the riders AND the people they also might strike.

How the law is currently applied by the local BIB, agree

Insurance companies based out of Australia and rejecting claims left right and centre , for Australian riders of motor cycles in Thailand, if they don't have a current motor cycle licence, wearing a helmet, ( Thai Law )

The Embassy states this is a common request for assistance and they cant provide massive cash advances to get the treatments and medevacs initiated.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by Khun Paul » November 17, 2014, 7:33 am

Ok Boss Hogg, if the law is an ass, then unless you have an insurance that will pay ALL your hospital bills for the remainder of your limited life , you should then get minimal treatment for head injuries, as you sit there with your eyes looking at the world through them unable to speak of even look after yourself and know that sooner or later you will die. Tell me then that the LAW is an ASS. OK

Macca
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by Macca » November 17, 2014, 7:37 am

BossHogg69 wrote:The law is an ass, personal freedom should be allowed
But not as much as your selfish attitude is.
A total disregard to those affected by an incident (family, police & paramedics attending an incident) that wearing a helmet could avoid.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by Khun Paul » November 17, 2014, 8:23 am

Actually anybody with a GRAIN OF INTELLIGENCE would wear a protective motorcycle helmet to protect themselves, therefore my conclusion is those that do not or simply refuse to are by definition IDIOTS, nuff said methinks.
Like I always wear a seat belt, uncomfortable and awkward in some cars, but the law is there likewise no phones, some laws you agree with some you do not, but it is there, so stop moaning and abide by it, one day you MIGHT just thank the law.

socksy
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by socksy » November 17, 2014, 9:24 am

Law is law. Full stop. From day one when the seat belt laws were introduced in the UK it became automatic to me as soon as the door was shut I put it on. A few years ago this practice saved my life when I collapsed at the wheel of my big 'beemer' and had a head on with a big Merc (both write off's). Police worked out that the combined impact speed was around 70mph. Thankfully I survived with a broken collarbone - if not, I think I'd have been through the windscreen. Accident with no seat belt on Som Nam Na.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

fatbob
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by fatbob » November 17, 2014, 11:41 am

The link below clearly shows the difference between a cheap rubbish helmet and a tested life saving helmet, for those that go to tesco and spend 300 baht on a lid then keep your money in your pocket and don't bother wearing one as they do nothing, if you are serious about safety you are going to have to spend 10 k or more which is what I have and its money well spent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LfEFhBelTY

glalt
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by glalt » November 18, 2014, 7:37 am

I always wore a decent helmet, not a full face but a good approved helmet. Then I saw a guy who was wearing a helmet, slide head first into a curb. It tore off his jaw. I immediately went home and ordered a full face model. Skin will grow back but your jaw will not.

dogger
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by dogger » November 18, 2014, 7:42 am

Always use a quality helmet, in my earlier days In NZ I was grateful for the protection they provided, never have had a road accident but over the last 30 years they have kept my head together on incidents on the track.
In Thailand I wouldn't consider going on the road with out one, even on a bicycle.

Macca
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by Macca » November 18, 2014, 7:58 am

coxo wrote:The link below clearly shows the difference between a cheap rubbish helmet and a tested life saving helmet,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LfEFhBelTY
They both looked pretty good to me, wouldn't have been able to tell the difference until it was too late.
Some of the helmets you see here I wonder if people would be better off without anything rather than the false sense of security.

msa
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by msa » November 20, 2014, 5:21 am

KHONDAHM wrote:I used to admonish others for riding without a helmet. That was before I fully understood Darwinism. Ride on!

Seriously, people: If you are single with no responsibilities, then yes it is your right and your choice how you ride. However, if others depend on you for support and/or you have children, then it is NOT your "right" or "choice". You need to grow the F up and appreciate how your death may impact others you leave behind.

A former life-long rider myself, I gave up 2-wheels after being rear-ended by a driver more concerned about her mobile phone conversation than my stopped motorbike with the turn signal flashing. Fortunately, I never locked the seat for exactly that reason and the force of the impact caused the seat to fling me 10 meters and I landed on my feet (with my helmet still on). The motorbike was totaled. My new wife and daughter were summoned to the scene. She saw the bike before she saw me. Well, without getting dramatic, that was my last ride on 2 wheels.

IMHO, if others depend on you, then you need to do everything you can to stay alive.

Be a husband. Be a father. Be responsible.
Well said.
To those of you who ride without helmet (and seatbelt), it's not you who have to worry, but those left behind and those who have to clean up after you.

/M
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by JimboPSM » November 20, 2014, 1:23 pm

Perhaps something useful that freedumb lovers could actually contribute to society.

From “The Thai Red Cross Society”
Organ Donation

Benefits
Nowadays there are a large number of terminal patients suffering from the malfunction of vital organs such as heart, liver, kidney, lung, etc. The best medical way-out for these patients is organ transplant, which is made possible with organs donated by the deceased themselves or by the relatives' decision to help others. This will extend the patients' life so that they can go on contributing to their family and society. New organs that can be transplanted are heart, liver, kidney, lung, pancreas, bone, etc.

Donation Procedures
. Fill out an intention form. Confirm that the given address corresponds with that shown on the residence registration. (Please indicate if you wish to have the donor ID card mailed to a different address.)
2. Type and mail the intention form to the Organ Donation Center, Thai Red Cross (address below). Once the form is received and processed, your donor ID card will be sent to the address you have indicated.
3. After receiving the ID card, make sure you put your name and details of the donation on it.
4. Keep the ID card. If it is lost or stolen, contact the Organ Donation Center, Thai Red Cross.

Qualifications of organ donors
1. The donor must be under 60 years of age.
2. The donor has died from cerebral death.
3. The donor is free of infectious disease and cancer.
4. The donor does not have any chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart conditions, kidney disorder, hypertension, liver disease, or alcoholism.
5. The organ to be donated must be fully functional.
6. The donor must have no diseases that can be transmitted through organ transplants e.g. hepatitis-B, AIDS.
7. Please inform your family members or relatives of the donation.

Contact information
Organs Donation Center, Thai Red Cross
Therdprakiet Somdej Phrayanasungworn (Charoen Suwattano) Bld., 5th Floor
Henry Dunant Road, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330
Tel: 1666
Thai Red Cross Society organ donation page:

[/size]

Note, brain transplants are probably not included - even if unused.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by Aardvark » November 20, 2014, 4:57 pm

quote] 4. The donor does not have any chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart conditions, kidney disorder, hypertension, liver disease, or alcoholism [quote] There goes a large section of the ex-pat community :D

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Motorcycle helmets

Post by bigsnake » November 28, 2014, 10:04 am

Mototcycle Helmet Law in Thailand<>ONE BIG JOKE<>nuff SAID

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”