Americans with Direct Deposits Bangkok Bank

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 27, 2014, 10:22 am

Peter USNR wrote:
merchant seaman wrote:On page one of this thread Jello posted the fees imposed by Bangkok Bank N.Y., where did he get them? If Bangkok Bank is in violation of U.S. law as you claim, why are you still using them? Or is it just a matter of stirring the pot?
No choice for Direct Deposit to Thailand as only Bank is Bangkok Bank
Yes you have choices. I would vote with my feet. I offered you a simple solution. Change your Direct-Dep to a US bank then transfer funds to your Thailand bank or use a ATM card. Schwab and Capitol One both offer no-fee ATM cards.

You have no case. Your previous posts have proven nothing. You cannot quote a actual statute of state, federal or international law that's being broken.

The e-mail you posted from Catherine does not state that any law is being broke and does not indicate that she is considering a law suit.

If the bank did not give you a copy of the account agreement when you opened the account, (they gave me one) you can bet they have a copy on file of one with your signature on it that they will say they gave you.
Peter USNR wrote: I have only learned of this fee amount this year and have been dealing with them since 2010.
You did not perform your due diligence on the account for 4 years. You can blame no one but yourself for that.

Best advice, get over it and move on.
Peter USNR wrote:For the interest of all of those you are truly interested in this issue and the Class Action Law Suit I have spent 1 1/2 years on this.
Really.
I found this Federal Regulation in less than 5 minutes: (Truth in Savings Regulation DD)
12 CFR Part 230, Supplement I to Part 230 - Official Staff Interpretations
(c) Coverage
1. Foreign applicability. Regulation DD applies to all depository institutions, except credit unions, that offer deposit accounts to residents (including resident aliens) of any state as defined in § 230.2(r). Accounts held in an institution located in a state are covered, even if funds are transferred periodically to a location outside the United States. Accounts held in an institution located outside the United States are not covered, even if held by a U.S. resident.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/12/ ... upplementI
Your Bangkok Bank account is in a Thailand branch. The fact that you allow BKB-NY to collect your funds and transfer them to the Thailand branch does not change that.

Now quit stewing over this, get out and enjoy your retirement! 8)

PS,
In ref. to the picture of your direct-dep form you posted: It's not a good idea to post your bank account number, address, social security number (you blacked it out, but you can still make out the numbers) e-mail address and example of your signature on a internet forum. You've made yourself a easy target for a identity thief.

UFF DA!

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » November 27, 2014, 1:24 pm

I agree Jello. I have been doing money transfers through Bangkok Bank in New York for a long time

I am completely satisfied with the results. If they have charged me a fee it has been mostly made up by a very good exchange rate. When I look at what I sent and what I got it looks good to me.

Why would I want to be in a class-action lawsuit where, if we win, I get a $20 refund and the lawyers get millions?

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » November 27, 2014, 1:44 pm

I still can't figure what damages Bangkok Bank has caused? Are they over charging people? If their fees are not posted did they refuse to tell people what their fees are? Usually it's good practise to ask what something costs before you purchase something or use one's service. To sue someone you would have to have suffered in some way.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » November 27, 2014, 5:02 pm

Bangkok Bank New York never disclosed their fees as required under US Law. Bangkok Banks Web site does not meet this requirement.

As for 12 CFR 230 reference it is repealed. A simple yahoo search will show that.

After holiday period in US and I receive the draft from the Attorney I will post it.

The suit is not over $20.00. But hundreds of dollars. Nor will the Attorneys get Millions as the Court will decide that. We are not talking a Law Suit based on a % agreement where the Attorneys takes 40% or more of the Judgment.

New York failed to follow US Laws on the disclosure required. Bangkok Banks web site does not meet this requirement.

My Bank Book and on line account access show nothing in the way of any fees, just the net deposit.

As the saying goes wait and see.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » November 27, 2014, 5:44 pm

Peter USNR wrote:Bangkok Bank New York never disclosed their fees as required under US Law. Bangkok Banks Web site does not meet this requirement.

As for 12 CFR 230 reference it is repealed. A simple yahoo search will show that.

After holiday period in US and I receive the draft from the Attorney I will post it.

The suit is not over $20.00. But hundreds of dollars. Nor will the Attorneys get Millions as the Court will decide that. We are not talking a Law Suit based on a % agreement where the Attorneys takes 40% or more of the Judgment.

New York failed to follow US Laws on the disclosure required. Bangkok Banks web site does not meet this requirement.

My Bank Book and on line account access show nothing in the way of any fees, just the net deposit.

As the saying goes wait and see.
Then I expected an apology from all who know who and does not know US Laws. New York maintains all accounts or they can not accept a direct deposit from the US Treasury as all Americans know you can not transfer or deposit funds to any Branch unless that account exists just like the direct deposit form which is posted shows.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 27, 2014, 10:36 pm

Peter USNR wrote:Then I expected an apology from all who know who and does not know US Laws.
Fair enough, but I'm not sure what you expect an apology for. Posting my opinion?
Please show me where I said I know US laws. :-k

P.S.
Please stop sending me PM's. Communicate with me on the open forum where we can have a civil conversation without name calling
. ;)
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 28, 2014, 12:11 am

I am sorry that you misinterpreted this as a threat:
Jello wrote: In ref. to the picture of your direct-dep form you posted: It's not a good idea to post your bank account number, address, social security number (you blacked it out, but you can still make out the numbers) e-mail address and example of your signature on a internet forum. You've made yourself a easy target for a identity thief.
I've re-read it a couple of times and I really don't see it as threatening. You are reading something into it that isn't there. I am in no way trying to use your information. I meant exactly what I said, "it's not a good idea..."

I recommend you contact a forum moderator and ask them to remove the image of your direct deposit forum.
UFF DA!

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » November 28, 2014, 5:05 pm

CCI11282014.jpg
DD Disclosures
For all Naysayers the first para., States Direct Deposits(EFT"S)
The second para., clearly speels out what the disclosure requirements are.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » December 9, 2014, 1:21 pm

CCI12092014 (493x640).jpg
Retainer
For all doubting here is the retainer with the Law Firm. I have withheld personal information. I expect to receiver the draft within 1 week so I can review it for correctness.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » February 24, 2015, 5:51 am

For those who are truly interested Bangkok Bank NY has been served with a class Action Law Suit

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » February 24, 2015, 7:50 am

How do we notify your attorneys that we do not want to be part of this action?

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » March 23, 2015, 8:16 am

Again to lose who are truly interested Bangkok Bank has prior to going to Court changed many Web Pages. Some no longer exist and others have had statements totally removed. IE You can not have an ATM card on your Direct Deposit Account from the US Government based on US Regulations. This was in fact an outright Lie. It had been brought to their attention as far back as 2013 and proven in writing from both the VA and SSA. Way to many changes to list from Feb - March

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » March 23, 2015, 9:23 am

merchant seaman wrote:I still can't figure what damages Bangkok Bank has caused? Are they over charging people? If their fees are not posted did they refuse to tell people what their fees are? Usually it's good practise to ask what something costs before you purchase something or use one's service. To sue someone you would have to have suffered in some way.
The transfer from Bangkok Bank NY to Thailand is a Swift Bulk Transfer for which they pay one set fee. Yet they charge us ranging from zero to $20.00. If they send $49.00 the fee is zero from there it goes upwards yet their charge is small in comparison. This has produced for them a rather large money profit making scheme and they have been so charged in Court of doing exactly that. This they get away with until now because they have a monopoly but failed to follow the Laws on disclosure that the agreed in writing to follow. US Laws. If you like Bangkok Bank so much then ask them why since they were served notice of the Law Suit have they changed so many of their pages on their web site.
So to answer your question YES YES they are overcharging. Remember Many Banks in America got nailed for doing the exact same thing.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » May 3, 2015, 5:18 pm

Another update for all of those concerned." Benefit payments must be made available for withdrawal no later than the opening of nosiness on the settlement date" The key word here is must. Depositing payments 4 days or more after the settlement date(due date) is far from correct. The Federal Reserve has clearly stated that the deposit can be made before that date. So any deposits due 1 May should have been posted 30 April but NY has sat on those funds and we will receive sometime on 4 May and long after 10 am. New York had those deposits on 28 April.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » May 21, 2015, 4:45 pm

Deposits were not made until 6 May with NY holding those funds which they also are prohibited from doing. They are an immediate Bank and do not post those funds to our accounts. This is done in Bangkok by Global Payment Services. Many Branches were open on 2 May. NY did not transmit those funds to Thailand until sometime after 7am 6 May. That I have in writing from Bangkok.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 21, 2015, 4:56 pm

Luckly I don't live from check to check. A few days wouldn't be such a big thing to me as long as the correct amount shows up, different if they were paying a high intrest rate and I had a huge deposit in the millions.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » May 24, 2015, 12:05 pm

I don't live from Pay Check to Pay check either. I have all total 4 pensions type payments totaling in excess of 5k. The point being is they have taken money without my knowledge, never showed those fees to me when first opened an account and totally failed in following the Laws they agreed to follow in writing. Read C.F.R. 3106a. Please don't quote their web site as it does not meet the legal requirement nor was it given to me over 5 years ago. Only the IBanking. On my original DD from the Treasury I signed no agreement with Bangkok Bank, as Bangkok Bank can not furnish it as they don't have it. They had to agree in writing to follow US Laws on all protections offered to US In America. How do you determine the correct amount when nothing shows you all of the fees they charge. You are only taking their word it is correct and if you deal that way that's your choice not mine and many others. Consider also this why is BOT also investigating them.
merchant seaman wrote:Luckly I don't live from check to check. A few days wouldn't be such a big thing to me as long as the correct amount shows up, different if they were paying a high intrest rate and I had a huge deposit in the millions.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » May 24, 2015, 12:15 pm

To make this clear and to the Point 3 things you don't mess with, My Wife, My Family, and My Money. Plain and simple. I know who you are and since you don't use Bangkok Bank according to you why are you so concerned about it.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » June 13, 2015, 12:51 pm

The Judge In New York has ruled that a Law Suit can proceed against Bangkok Bank New York. This is based on their failure to follow All US Laws which they had already acknowledged in writing they are bound by. Including the disclosure of the amount of fees. Their Web Site does not meet this requirement as it was required to be given to you in writing disclosing all terms and conditions. Also their application does not meet this requirement as New York issued nothing

Please do not reply or post to this information unless you are truly interested in this.

C.F.R. 3106a laid down the Law.

If New York never issued to you a full disclosure as all Banks in America must do. Please reply if you are interested in getting all fees fully refunded.

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » July 1, 2015, 3:36 pm

For all concerned there are over 5400 American with Direct Deposit through SSA and Bangkok Bank.

Bangkok Bank takes in all total in NY and Thailand over $720,000.00 US Dollars a year on this. So if you thought this was only a minor amount you are incorrect. That is based on New York only charging a $5.00 fee and Thailand 200 Baht. With the actual figures from them it is even higher since my Baht fee is over 200 Baht.

Their fee to transmit from Bangkok Bank NY to Bangkok Bank Thailand is a flat fee with Swift since it is between Branches and it is a bulk Transfer.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”