home robbed

General Udon Thani topics only!
Harpo
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by Harpo » December 10, 2014, 12:00 pm

Philrjones wrote:We had a break in and things stolen about a week or so after we had work done at the house. Anyone else had this coincidence?
Hi Phil......yep, just after our house was completed this year, we had a break in during the early hours of the morning, we suspect some sort of gas was used, as the wife is a very light sleeper, stuff was taken from the our bedroom , police came , .....4 trips to the Udon Police Station where we made a report, lots of talking, lots of paper work,.....net result from police investigation to date....zip.....we are in the process of installing a security system.........cheers harpo

Great Southern Land

rjj04
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by rjj04 » December 10, 2014, 2:03 pm

Harpo wrote: we suspect some sort of gas was used,
How was it introduced into your bedroom? You left a window open and they sealed the window and put a tube throughl?

Somebody earlier said that the dogs were gassed? How does one gas dogs that are running around in the open yard? More than likely they were fed some sleeping pills embedded in some meat? Most of the time they just poison the dogs, giving them sleeping pills is a step in the right direction :D

rick
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by rick » December 10, 2014, 10:44 pm

Gassing victims to allow a burglary is a bit of an Urban myth. Firstly, how do you ensure you administer the correct dose? Anesthetists spend years learning how to do it under controlled conditions, and still have to be careful the patient doesn't die. Trying to gas an entire household would be very hit and miss, with frequent deaths or comas; and lugging around gas bottles and breathing apparatus during a burglary is insane. There are lots of claims about gassing, but very little evidence.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by KHONDAHM » December 11, 2014, 1:09 am

No outside lighting. No bars on windows. Ostentatious exterior/design. Huge conspicuous safe inside. (Probably) High perimeter walls preventing outsiders from seeing inside.

The house screams: "PLEASE rob me!"
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Barstool
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by Barstool » December 11, 2014, 3:09 am

The grass is in a dreadful condition .. I think the PooYaiBaan would have had something to say about that.
As KD said, the facade is the most ostentatious Ive seen in Isaan

Harpo
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by Harpo » December 11, 2014, 4:00 am

rjj04 wrote:
Harpo wrote: we suspect some sort of gas was used,
rjjo4 wrote ....How was it introduced into your bedroom? You left a window open and they sealed the window and put a tube throughl?

rjjO4
I am not going into a sh*t fight with you over my comments on our suspected gassing assisting means of entry to my house / robbery on this forum. However it is suffice to say that I have had dialogue with others about suspected "gassing" occurring at their homes for means of entry / robbery. This also includes their dogs being put to sleep by being gassed, sleeping pills, et al

The police have a very detailed report from my wife and myself, on means of entry and how the supposed "gases" may have been "introduced" into the room. Details of this report will not be discussed by me publically on this forum.

Initially I posted on this topic "home robbed" and was replying to Phil's post .Also I was hoping that by posting I could perhaps in some way make members thoughtful of the fact that one has to take security measures. In my last post I made mention of installing a security system, I forgot to mention that all windows and doors have steel security screens, post robbery.......cheers harpo
Great Southern Land

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 11, 2014, 10:29 am

I have heard of this style of gas robbery in Bkk and Pattaya ..in fact one of the suppliers we used suffered exactly the same kind of thing .

As for a connection of being robbed after having construction or other work done ie builders in the property is quite common here in LOS , usually the robbers are associated with the workers , same as the security guards brother recently caught by police for burgalry , his brother was telling him when home owners were out of town/homes empty and had been taking valuble household items into their homes by the security guard who was being paid to protect them .

Hope they catch these folks ....all a bit unsettling knowing that burglars are doing this here in udon .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

bigsnake
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by bigsnake » December 11, 2014, 10:33 am

Sounds like someone KNEW what they wanted and the house to find it in. HMMMM!

DRILLER
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by DRILLER » December 11, 2014, 10:42 am

dm youre right about security guards. its a grossly inflated term for any mongrel that cant get a proper job. ive known more so called security guards involved with crime from thieving to murder than any other category of civilisation, except for maybe wives & girlfriends.
its mostly based on the philippines experiences but thailand is catching up fast.

ironically, security guarding has been 1 of the exceptional growth sectors for employment for the last 15 years or so.
temptation is a .....

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by Khun Paul » December 11, 2014, 5:36 pm

It has been said before and no doubt will be reiterated again and again, I have over the years seen extraordinary large houses being built for foreigners nad lavishly decorated inside and out , to what end one may ask. Sure it looks good and it certainly better than mom and pops wooden thai style house . It becomes common knowledge and all who want to look are given a guided tour by the Thai wife, look at this and that.

When I came here I was told do not be ostentatious, live as normally as possible and don't rub their noses in it about your perceived wealth even you are a millionaire etc.
They will accept you more readily and like you rather than work out how to relieve you of your stuff.
I know one man who built a beautiful house with a swimming pool and external area for eating and cooking, he was burgled.
I know another who being a millionaire you would think would build a huge place, nope a small 2 bed bungalow with large gardens, everything done beautifully buit no outward extravagance, never even a visit from any ne'er do wells, the village loves him and his wife and almost protect him, he fits in just right.

Moiral of the story if your going to throw it around expect someone to help you by taking something.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by stattointhailand » December 11, 2014, 6:13 pm

In the early years of our "estate" there were several home robberies TV's comps etc ..... at one time about 1 in every 5 houses had been "done", but strangely, there have been none/zero in the last 6 yrs, which was just about the last time when there was a "security guard" on the gate ...... prior to this there seemed to be new "guard" every month :-k

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by FrazeeDK » December 12, 2014, 6:16 am

and it could be that the Thai economy has about zero unemployment over the last few years thus taking folks out of the criminal population into legal labor..
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by stattointhailand » December 12, 2014, 8:48 am

FrazeeDK wrote:and it could be that the Thai economy has about zero unemployment over the last few years thus taking folks out of the criminal population into legal labor..
Not sure what "Thai Economy" you have found with about zero unemployment, but the one I live in still has massive unemployment.
In the last three months two cousins have had to go to Korea to find work.

GT93
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by GT93 » December 12, 2014, 10:38 am

I thought Thais went to Korea for more money. Korea is just about a first world country now. My oldest step-daughter's boyfriend went to work in Korea for years to make a pile of money. My step-daughter couldn't follow because she failed a health test. She was going to earn good coin over there and I would have visited her in Korea, a place I have never been. :(
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jingjai
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by jingjai » December 15, 2014, 3:01 pm

pomps
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by pomps » December 15, 2014, 3:34 pm

So access from a very long wooden ladder,maybe the same ladder by the company that installed their satellite dish near the entrance point :-k :shock: Carried the 150kg safe down on the ladder or pushed over the side and taken away :-k ,strange all that expense on a house and no cctv :-k
At least they had a photo of the gold with its distinctive markings,no photo of the expensive watch that would have its own identification number :-k

old-timer
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by old-timer » December 15, 2014, 3:52 pm

Had the thieves lobbed the safe from the balcony it would have left quite an impression on the ground where it landed. This is not shown on the investigation footage so presumably it was carried down the ladder or lobbed off the balcony and caught by a strong thief before it hit the ground.
They (the police) should add "looking for a strong thief" to their line of inquiries.

OT............... \:D/

timmy
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by timmy » December 15, 2014, 3:59 pm

old-timer wrote:Had the thieves lobbed the safe from the balcony it would have left quite an impression on the ground where it landed. This is not shown on the investigation footage so presumably it was carried down the ladder or lobbed off the balcony and caught by a strong thief before it hit the ground.
They (the police) should add "looking for a strong thief" to their line of inquiries.

OT............... \:D/
old timer , lobbed off the balcony and cought by the thiefs , 150 kgs you cant be that stupid , get a grip ...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by jackspratt » December 15, 2014, 4:30 pm

OT, were you a UK copper in your younger days? :-k

Your theory certainly sounds plausible to me, if not to others. :D

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

home robbed

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 16, 2014, 1:09 am

More holes in this story than a Tetley Tea bag ..... and OTs very plausible no big dent in the grass would make me sell a rat ... there aint no buggar gonna struggle with a 150kg when could chuck it over the balcony .. OR WALK OUT THE FRONT DOOR WITH IT ,....... hey .. now im really thinking !!

Im sure the local BIB with solve this .. theres a lot of gold at steak !!
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”