Grass Roots Footie (everything exept EPL) 2014/15

General sports news and discussions.
socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 13, 2014, 8:55 am

Early game in the Championship could be a goalfest at 7.15pm Thai time today with freescoring teams Middlesborough v Derby County.

Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 13, 2014, 8:59 am

stattointhailand wrote:
socksy wrote:"The big game in the Scottish Championship ended up Hearts 2 Rangers 0 in front of a 17,000 crowd.The Edinburgh club are now 9 points clear at the top".

Zid

I know it's early but I don't think my lot can to claw back nine points on Hearts. Especially if we have no team by Christmas with players salaries in doubt. What a forking shambles for a club that only a few years ago was in the final of the sub-standard Thursday evening Europa League final. Too many corrupt fockers past and present trying to get their fingers in the pie.
Quick, send for the "Cockney Mafia" :lol:
Can't say I didn't warn you that Dennis the menace and the boys were comeing :-"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 13, 2014, 9:15 pm

Middlesbrough 2-0 Derby
Well the early Championship game saw Derby knocked off the top of the table by Boro.
The result was maybe not a shock but what was a surprise was how easily the home side completed the task. Admittedly Derby had a man sent off for a penalty & the second goal but they had provided little threat to a Boro side who had the measure of the league leaders from the offset.

Ipswich are away at Bolton now & will go top themselves if they can win, but that takes nothing away from the Boro victory..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 14, 2014, 12:08 pm

Been busy lately but just had to comment on 2 wins on the bounce for the Iron ...... soon be in the playoffs at this rate :shock: :^o ...... my magners woes with croc are now just a part of history ..........for now!! :lol:

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 14, 2014, 12:19 pm

Also,former Scunthorpe boss,Ian Baraclough 44,has been appointed as the new manager of Scottish Premiership side,Motherwell.
Baraclough was sacked as manager of Sligo Rovers in June after a 2 year stint and says he has come to Motherwell to "win trophies."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 16, 2014, 9:34 am

Nigel Adkins: Reading sack manager after 6-1 defeat
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30478558
Reading have sacked manager Nigel Adkins after 20 months in charge of the Championship club.
The former Southampton boss, 49, was appointed in March 2013, but Saturday's 6-1 loss against Birmingham was his last in charge of the Berkshire club.
Reading are 16th in the Championship and 10 points from a play-off place.
"Following this weekend's 6-1 defeat at Birmingham, the board feel that a change in manager is necessary," read a club statement.
I have a great deal of time for Mr. Adkins & am sure that he will be back managing a club pretty quickly.

Meanwhile someone who i am not quite so much in admiration of continues to make waves in Scotland..
Rangers & Mike Ashley accused of ownership breach by Scottish FA
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30486272
Rangers and Mike Ashley have been accused of breaching several Scottish FA rules relating to the Newcastle United owner's stake in the Ibrox club.
Ashley owns 8.29% of Rangers and has an agreement with the SFA that he will not increase that to above 10%.
However, in October, Ashley's £2m loan to the Scottish Championship club allowed him to appoint two directors.
The SFA wrote to Rangers and Ashley seeking clarification and will now hold a disciplinary hearing on 27 January.
Both the club and Ashley have been issued with notices of complaint alleging they have violated Scottish FA rules on dual ownership of clubs and failed to "act in the best interests" of football.
Rangers have further been accused of not acting "with the utmost good faith" towards the Scottish FA and its member clubs.
Newcastle have declined to comment, but the Premier League in England has no rules outlawing dual ownership.
However, the Football League does have specific rules banning interests in more than one football club - so if Newcastle were relegated, Ashley's stake in Rangers would then become an issue in England.
I figure that it will all end in tears - but properly not from Mr. Ashleys' eyes... :shock:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 17, 2014, 5:59 am

score.jpg
score.jpg (26.31 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Well 2 quarter finals took place last night featuring 2 Premiership sides.
Chelsea continue their current form of getting just about anything the referee is willing to give. Derby had just eased themselves back into the game with a goal to make it 2 - 1 & then had a man very harshly sent off for an offence even his opponent didn't think he had committed.
The Saints current desertion of form continued as well. They had a man sent off late on but that had little effect on the result as the hosts always looked like the winning side..

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 17, 2014, 6:18 am

Don't forget tonight on telly

Asia – AFF Suzuki Cup Final Wednesday, 17 December 2014 1st Leg

19:00 Thailand v Malaysia
Alba gu bràth

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 18, 2014, 7:49 am

score.jpg
score.jpg (29.11 KiB) Viewed 842 times
No banana skin for Pool at Bournemouth as they ease into the second half already two goals up. They now have the small issue of facing Chelsea in the semi final. That should be a cracker.
Top of the Championship Bournemouth now have a clearer outline of the horrendous task that faces them next year in the Premiership if they make it..

A goal keeping error took any pressure off Spurs early on & Newcastle really could not get into the game.
Spurs face Sheffield United in the semis. In theory & on this showing they should walk it. However they are so inconsistent & seem to struggle if they do not get the breaks. Nigel Clough's side will believe that they have every chance of getting to the final..

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 18, 2014, 9:14 am

While the big boys were playing in the Micky Mouse Cup smaller fry were playing in the FA Cup.
The Iron finally defeated part timers Worcester in a penalty shoot out after the game at Worcester ended in a 1 all draw.
It was finally ended in a new FA Cup length for a shootout of 14 goals to 13.
It was an open game all the way through though with an amazing 54 chances on goal slightly to the home sides favour.
Congratulations to Scunthorpe & bad luck Worcester after a heroic effort..

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 18, 2014, 9:25 am

socksy wrote:Don't forget tonight on telly

Asia – AFF Suzuki Cup Final Wednesday, 17 December 2014 1st Leg

19:00 Thailand v Malaysia

Fast and furious last night with little class or skill on display. Thailand take a deserved 2-0 lead to KL for Saturday's second leg.
Alba gu bràth

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 18, 2014, 9:40 am

socksy wrote: Fast and furious last night with little class or skill on display. Thailand take a deserved 2-0 lead to KL for Saturday's second leg.
Pretty much sums it up, though credit for the 2nd goal a nice move and finish.
Nearly added a 3rd a couple of minutes later with another nice pass and move team effort.
Looked like no.7 might have picked up a bad injury (metatarsals) at the end of that move.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 18, 2014, 10:31 am

An epic was how described on " Sky sports " Scunny v Worcester in the FA cup replay ... finished 14-13 0n pens after the teams played out a 1-1 draw after full n extra time .

Well done the Iron .... a confidence boost if nothing else as not a cracking draw for them in the next round.

DM

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 18, 2014, 11:41 am

Ally McCoist remains Rangers manager after meeting
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30509080

Can it really get any worse at the club.
It would appear that Rangers can't afford to buy him out of his 12 month notice he should serve, but will have to pay him his original salary of £750,000 during that time..
I think many possible contenders for the job will just be put off by the uncertainty surrounding what will actually happen there..
Surely you can't leave a manager in a job that he no longer wants for a year????

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 18, 2014, 12:30 pm

He doesnt want it Bob but then again who else would. Probably as bad as having been a recent Leeds United manager.
Alba gu bràth

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 20, 2014, 8:40 am

Poor old Hereford United is no more..
Hereford United is wound up by High Court over tax debt
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-here ... r-30542821

Don't worry Statts I don't think for a minute that this will stop you seeing the Ronnie Radford special on all the BBC coverage of the FA Cup for years to come... :D

Today at 3pm. GMT
Bradford v Scunthorpe
Cheltenham v Portsmouth

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 20, 2014, 7:50 pm

HT in the Suzike cup and a late late strike put Malaysia 1 -0 and all square over 2 legs.

Not sure what is worse the pitch, Malaysia's dirty tactics, standard of refereeing or Thailand's defence.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 21, 2014, 12:30 am

Strange game in Malaysia .. but the best team won ..well done to Thailand in keeping their heads when around wasnt smelling of roses ..and the dirty tactics of the opposition didnt pay orf.

EVEN BETTER NEWS ....... a 94 th minute equalizer for Scunny to get a draw AWAY at Bradford means at last i can go the Sports Bar head held high and afford a pint of Magners cider ON MR CROCS BIN ...IF HES THERE ?? NOT SEEN HIM FOR AGES !!.

Other footballing news ....... none of any real interest just the Scunny score .

DM

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 21, 2014, 5:19 am

Rotherham United are preparing a £1m offer for Rangers midfielder Lewis Macleod, with manager Steve Evans admitting he is aware of the 20-year-old's talent. (Daily Express)

I can't see Rangers turning this down for this lad, with their financial shennigan's at the club, but I'm surprised bigger clubs aren't interested in him. He certainly seeems to have a bright future and at a million quid is a 'steal'.
Alba gu bràth

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 22, 2014, 2:12 pm

Sadly not even this bizarre event could get Town a victory..
Father Christmases invade Cheltenham Town pitch

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-30568053
Town.jpg
They were ushered from the ground but the police, full of Christmas cheer, say no prosecutions will follow.
As Town were 1 up at half time when this happened & ended up drawing 1 all I gather that many of the home supporters felt that the Father Christmases should have actually remained on the pitch when the second half started...
Town 18th. in the league & a million miles away from a play off place, but uncomfortably close to a relegation spot!!

Return to “World Sports”