Loosing Weight

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by akwoodworker » December 22, 2014, 7:11 am

Here is a great site to calculate calorie burn. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc It all comes down to calories in, calories out. For me bicycling is my preference, to be moving at 30kph under my own power is great, or touring for days on end awesome. yesterday my caloric burn was over 3k calories, granted it was a 90km ride but what a great way to spend a day. Wouldn't mind adding some weight training as well, any suggestions. If you bike here is a good site to record your rides; http://www.mycyclinglog.com/index.php?n ... 2Fhome.php

nkstan
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by nkstan » December 23, 2014, 9:23 am

Buy a good juicer,juice fresh cleaned veggies and fruit for 2 meals a day,eliminate meat, sugar,rice,fried foods,cheese and bread completely.
Snack on apples and unsalted nuts.3rd meal vegetarian and not after 6PM.Don't eat anything that is processed and pre-packaged.

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by akwoodworker » December 23, 2014, 9:40 am

For breakfast I have a smoothie made of bananas, soy milk, and muesli with some yoghurt if there is any in the house. After a 30km or more ride I do a carrot, ginger, and apple juice. Even in Alaska I don't eat processed food, a great perk of thailand is everything is so fresh! Of course the big stores have a lot of that junk but we shop at the local markets. Anyone going to do the ride this weekend with Peter?

GT93
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by GT93 » December 23, 2014, 9:45 am

Steuth some of you boys will be looking like Magnum PI in the 1980s in another 6 months ... 8)
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by Jing Jing » December 23, 2014, 12:18 pm

Juicing maybe fine occasionally, but you run the risk of getting too much sugar. I don't think cavemen sat around juicing the fruits and vegs all day. I think they would think we are nuts for doing so. And whole grains should form a integral part of our diet.
there's no sound scientific evidence that extracted juices are healthier than the juice you get by eating the fruit or vegetable itself.
Mayo Clinic
A growing body of research shows that returning to whole grains and other less-processed sources of carbohydrates and cutting back on refined grains improves health in myriad ways....Harvard’s new Healthy Eating Plate reserves a quarter of your plate for whole grains, not just any grains.
Harvarf School of Public Health

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by akwoodworker » December 23, 2014, 12:44 pm

GT, in three weeks I have ridden 400k and lost one pound, always been this way for me. It is my fitness level that I focus on. Todays ride; 40 k at 24 kph. Juicing may not be more healthy but I rather drink two carrots and one apple. The sugar is not significant, caloric burn on my ride today was 1.450. I agree with the whole grains, they burn slower and minimize spikes. However the sticky rice is super high in sugar.

GT93
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by GT93 » December 23, 2014, 12:54 pm

I understand fitness is the key to health but that our weight is largely determined by what we eat.

I often snack on carrots. I would think that's better than juicing. As we age, we lose about 2% of our muscle a year and so we need less food to maintain our weight. Exercise with weights can offset that muscle loss and help keep us healthy for longer. A sensible exercise programme, particularly for the over 60s, should involve some exercise with weights.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by Jing Jing » December 23, 2014, 2:50 pm

Black sticky rice is ok to eat
Black rice is a good source of minerals, including iron, as well as fiber and has a nutritional profile somewhat similar to brown rice. The presence of anthyocyanins gives it a nutritional edge over brown rice.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by nkstan » December 25, 2014, 3:21 pm

If you drink the veggie juice with fruit to make it taste better immediately after juicing to get all the maximum nutients for health without a large caloric intake.Snacking on whole fruits and veggies and one vegetarian meal a day give you the fiber needed,still with a low caloric intake.No meat keeps your digestive system working at it's best maintaining a good PH balance.The fluids from juicing plus lots of water during each day keeps you detoxed.Exercise develops muscles and physical agility.
I lost over 38kgs.in 5 months with this program and was physically and mentally sharper than I have been in over 40 years.My BP that has been extremely high for a long time has returned to absolute normal and I was able to stop taking BP meds.
By the way,I also snack on boiled eggs since it has been proven that eating eggs(high in Cholesterol)DO NOT add cholesterol to your blood and are highly beneficial to your health,especially at 17 calories each.I eat 3-6 everyday!My cholesterol levels are fantastic.

Also,I am still overweight at 76 yrs. old,110 kgs.I should have started juicing years ago when I was working out everyday then I would probably been healthier with a better physically trimmed shape now,but I am glad I at least have benefitted from the last couple of years since I am a sugar addict and overeater!Sweet tasty foods make me feel good while eating them so I eat as much as I can when they are presented,only to suffer in the long run.

I occasionally give in to my addiction with ice cream,pastries,meat and beer,but not for long,but,thankfully I never stop juicing so the effects are minimal and don't 'knock' me off the healthier eating lifestyle like they did when I tried dieting which ,for me,was impossible to maintain,always failure and short-lived with large weight gain afterwards!!

Good luck in your choices,I have found my solution! :D

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by akwoodworker » December 25, 2014, 5:42 pm

Ahh, those decadent snacks! Congrats to you nkstan

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by mortiboy » July 20, 2015, 9:23 pm

I have not had my favourite tipple Whisky and cork' for two months now.
I substituted it for Beer. But only one bottle a day.
But I am not into beer, and now drink nowt.
YET! with out all that alcohol and sugar, I have lost no weight at all . still a fat guts
Look at all that sugar in a bottle of soft drink! :yikes: ..........Litre (34 oz) Bottle
Sugars, total: 108g !
Sugar 2.jpg
Attachments
Sugar 1.jpg
Mai mee tahng !

pomps
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by pomps » July 21, 2015, 8:19 am

Remember when harry from harrys bar lost all his weight by drinking fitne herbal tea :shock:

Maybe give it a go mortiboy,may even taste nice :shock: :D 8)

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by mortiboy » July 21, 2015, 9:16 am

Ahh good Idea.Will try.
Does it mean I can still eat Cheese hamburgers, Hot dogs, Pizza, and Ice cream?
Mai mee tahng !

socksy
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by socksy » July 21, 2015, 10:31 am

Ditch all that nonsense Morti - get yourself to Aberdeenshire. I think a lot of people thought this was actually a myth.
Attachments
_84366218_img_1045.jpg
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Loosing Weight

Post by mortiboy » July 21, 2015, 10:39 am

mortiboy wrote:Ahh good Idea.Will try.
Does it mean I can still eat Cheese hamburgers, Hot dogs, Pizza, and Ice cream?
Nah! I'd never eat that nonsense for sure! I wanna live forever!
I even have a guilty conscience eating Macro's 'French fries!"
obesity-overweight-1-762x428.jpg
Scary :yikes:
Mai mee tahng !

SJP17
udonmap.com

Re: Loosing Weight

Post by SJP17 » August 5, 2017, 9:16 pm

Just hit 85Kgs so I have lost over 20kg from starting over 3 years ago, after initial fast weight loss of 10kgs I took the second 10kg off nice and slowly though there was a couple of ups and down with the poundage but I just kept going. Have to say I feel a hell of a lot better and its much easier to choose clothes out here ;)

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 5, 2017, 9:40 pm

Congrats.. Well done.. What s your secret ? Have a nice evening.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » August 6, 2017, 7:35 am

Eat less Carbohydrate.

Increase exercise.

Or, have alot of food, chew it but don't swallow.

:mrgreen:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 6, 2017, 8:58 am

Suggestions:

*Have a Testosteron checkup..700Bath.

*Start the morning with 700ml of plain water..drink..force drink it if you have..30 min later..Breafast time..then continue to drink 4-5 of those plain water bottles..600-700ml.Just fill up EVERY morning..and at the end of the day they should be emty.

Now we have excellent ways Online How-To-Loose-weight programs..Try one that you have a gutfdeeling will suite you.

*ANY excersice is good exercise,in my eyes.Me with a bad lower back shoose BICYCLE rides...30-min minimum every second day..to start with and go from there...Listen to your body,very important and not to many do.

*Eat MOORE,not less..but smaller meals..keeps the bloodsugar levels even..4-6 small meals every day EXCEPT ONE day a week were you can eat ANYTHING you want for 24 hours..ANYTHING...i kid you NOT..it works.

You make a PLAN...STICK WITH IT..and you WILL loose weight..A good way to kickstart thais is by Jucie fasting for 3-7 days.

Have a awsome plan and the body will respond and thank you BIG ;-)

Bless you all..:-)

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » August 6, 2017, 9:19 am

If you have a Testosterone check, you must also have E2 (Oestrodiol).

However, a cbc & Thyroid (t3,t4) is also useful.

As I said before reduce Carbohydrates.

Return to “Health & Beauty”