Thai smile

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
noosard
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by noosard » December 30, 2014, 8:58 am

Apart from the problem of thai smile cancelling tickets bought through Thai air
the flight was pleasant enough both ways
Udon to Swampy and return
only problem was they did not honour the 30kgs per person
had to pay excess luggage
I was not the only one caught with this transfer of airlines crap

GT93
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by GT93 » December 30, 2014, 11:27 am

When I hear or read "Thai smile", I think of some young Thai lass showing the crack of the top of her arse. In Thai language that's one meaning for smile. I think I have this correct. Parrot might be able to explain this more.

After living in Udon for some years, when I returned to farangland I got a shock at the fat farang females smiling in supermarkets to me when they bent down to the bottom shelves. Sometimes I can see a tattoo above the smile. Unless you like fat arses this usually isn't a pretty sight. I'm not brave enough to complain.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by parrot » December 30, 2014, 11:37 am

noosard wrote:Apart from the problem of thai smile cancelling tickets bought through Thai air
the flight was pleasant enough both ways
Udon to Swampy and return
only problem was they did not honour the 30kgs per person
had to pay excess luggage
I was not the only one caught with this transfer of airlines crap

We flew Thai Smile on the first and last leg of our most recent trip to the US. When we returned, we were waaay over the 30 kilo limit (total allowed 60 kg for 2 people). The lady wrote down 20kg over on a slip of paper when she began to explain our situation.......I gave her a very polite hem and haw....and she rewrote 10. I smiled. I paid a very reasonable overweight fee.....although I had to break the line to go pay at a different office, then return. All in all, I couldn't complain with Thai Smile....at least they fly out of Suvarnaphumi.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by jackspratt » December 30, 2014, 12:14 pm

You are better off joining Bangkok Air's (free) frequent flyer program, and:

- 30kg baggage allowance
- flies to Swampy 3 times a day
- cheaper fares
- better planes
- better food
- lounge access either end
- free wifi either end
- through check-in at UT airport for some onward overseas flights

747man
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by 747man » December 30, 2014, 12:37 pm

GT93 wrote:When I hear or read "Thai smile", I think of some young Thai lass showing the crack of the top of her arse. In Thai language that's one meaning for smile. I think I have this correct. Parrot might be able to explain this more.

After living in Udon for some years, when I returned to farangland I got a shock at the fat farang females smiling in supermarkets to me when they bent down to the bottom shelves. Sometimes I can see a tattoo above the smile. Unless you like fat arses this usually isn't a pretty sight. I'm not brave enough to complain.
Trust YOU, You Perve..... :( :(

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » December 30, 2014, 1:21 pm

JS,if only Bangkok airways would reinstate their afternoon flight then would consider changing,the 2 lounges in domestic for them do look good,the premium lounge more so than the revamped lounge for all.my Thai smile back to Udonsville in the afternoon was packed and plenty of farang on the plane :D
Came back with 35kg, no excess fee 8)

bignote1
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by bignote1 » December 30, 2014, 1:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:You are better off joining Bangkok Air's (free) frequent flyer program, and:

- 30kg baggage allowance
- cheaper fares
- better planes
- better food
- free wifi either end
I agree completely. For my money best "no frills" airline in Asia arguably the world.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Earnest » December 30, 2014, 4:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:You are better off joining Bangkok Air's (free) frequent flyer program
Are they still cancelling some of their flights to and from Udon? I noticed that on my last occasional visit.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Thai smile

Post by wokkawombat » December 30, 2014, 5:35 pm

jackspratt wrote:You are better off joining Bangkok Air's (free) frequent flyer program, and:

- 30kg baggage allowance
- cheaper fares
- better planes
- better food
- free wifi either end
QANTAS now code share with Bangkok Air and the difference between flying Brisbane/Bangkok and Brisbane/Udon is about 200 Baht return pus the QANTAS baggage allowance carries over.
This is the cue for the QANTAS haters to run amok but it is MY choice of carrier.
Gurgle, Gurgle...

747man
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by 747man » December 30, 2014, 7:08 pm

Earnest wrote:
jackspratt wrote:You are better off joining Bangkok Air's (free) frequent flyer program
Are they still cancelling some of their flights to and from Udon? I noticed that on my last occasional visit.
Only for Occasional visitors from Hampshire.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

socksy
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by socksy » December 31, 2014, 5:12 am

Earnest wrote:
I know of several that have been cancelled (the afternoon flight) in the last few months Earnest and beware - they havent notified the people I know who had their planned trip cancelled.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Earnest
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Earnest » December 31, 2014, 5:50 am

I suspected such....

Cheers, Socksy.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by thalenoi » December 31, 2014, 6:48 am

Unfortunately Thai Smile baggage allowance is 20kgs and they no longer honor star alliance status, even NOT Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus status( extra 10 or 15kgs). You can buy more kgs online though.

On my next planned trip I fly into BKK around midday 12.10 and Thai smile leaves to Udon at 13.35 and 17.45, Bangkok Airways at 18.55. I usually am at Thai Smile check-in counter 30 minutes after landing, but does not leave me much margin. Might decide to take taxi at 500B to Don Mueang and take NOK, they have many flights.

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » December 31, 2014, 7:00 am

As said before came back with 35kg allowance,no fees,premium economy,am Royal orchid plus member so not sure why you were not allowed additional 10kg allowance on the 20kg :-k
Bangkok air seem good for Aussies on onward travel with checkin baggage but for me go Thai airways not Qantas to England so happy to keep everything in house,do not travel same day as normally choose a day sightseeing in Bangers before onward international travel 8)

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by thalenoi » January 1, 2015, 7:57 am

I got this from Thai Smile FAQ page:
Are Royal Orchid Plus members eligible to receive special benefits such as additional baggage allowance and lounge usage of Thai Smile?

Answer :
No, Royal Orchid Plus members are not entitled to special benefits they enjoy with THAI

Pomps, when was your flight?

Last time I flew in took a taxi to DM and flew NOK paid an extra 850B for +25kgs, thus 40kgs, paid 1612B + 500 for taxi inclusive toll because I would have a 5h wait at Swampy.

So waiting someone to confirm mo more extra 10/15kgs for ROP status passengers....this no compliance with ROP is recent.

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » January 1, 2015, 8:18 am

Flew down to Bangers 19th dec with 30kg no excess fee paid,issued with the 80 baht voucher at Udon so everything normal even though seats are now called premium economy.Returned 29th dec with 35kg no excess fee paid and access to business lounge no problem at Swampy.ROP member 8)

wazza
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by wazza » January 2, 2015, 8:23 am

Monday I will be flying with Thai Smile, BKK - UTH , will have over 30 KG baggage

Have a Thai ROP Gold Card and my flight is linked using this number when booking etc.

lets see ....

747man
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by 747man » January 2, 2015, 11:28 am

pomps wrote:Flew down to Bangers 19th dec with 30kg no excess fee paid,issued with the 80 baht voucher at Udon so everything normal even though seats are now called premium economy.Returned 29th dec with 35kg no excess fee paid and access to business lounge no problem at Swampy.ROP member 8)
Pomps, 5 kgs MORE on your reurn flight, Jeez you must have brought a LOT of PIES back with you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by 747man » January 2, 2015, 1:28 pm

That should have been RETURN.....I'm Still Hungover...

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » January 2, 2015, 4:50 pm

The goddam tequila and the bottle weight.but all ok :shock: :lol: 8) Blow up dolls are insignificant kg wise :^o :shock: 8)

Return to “Travel & Transport”