Football Rumours Mark 2

General sports news and discussions.
socksy
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by socksy » January 16, 2015, 1:11 pm

Louis van Gaal will be given the green light for ANOTHER £150million spending spree at a Manchester United transfer summit.

Van Gaal is due to sit down with United chief executive Ed Woodward and another members of the hierarchy on Friday to discuss their transfer plans.

And that could see first-year boss Van Gaal try to pull off a major signing in January to bolster the club’s attempts to secure a place in the top four.

Top of the Old Trafford giants’ transfer hit-list is Borussia Dortmund’s German World Cup winning defender Mats Hummels.

Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman is also on there, after the Italian club this week admitted they may listen to a “huge offer” for the Dutchman. (Daily Mirror)

United also want a right-back, with Nathaniel Clyne of Southampton believed to be their preferred choice ahead of Everton’s Seamus Coleman.

The reds fans and hierarchy will be hoping that this time around better investments are made.

Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 16, 2015, 3:41 pm

Would have thought they might just have learnt their lesson when it came to buying players from Soton/Toffee's at over inflated fees ........... looking on the bright side there should be a host of semi quality players available on the cheap come the summer, what with Man Utd/Liverpool and Spurs ALL buying players that don't suit their needs :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 16, 2015, 6:44 pm

Looks like Arsne is about to get his boy ....

"Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal have agreed a fee with Legia Warsaw for 17-year-old midfielder Krystian Bielik."

Just what Arsenal need ............ a midfielder

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Brian Davis » January 17, 2015, 1:01 pm

Not rumours, but these football chants gave me a smile or two.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/ ... -from-fans

From Palace fans, I can recall part of the Attilio Lombardo Amore chant "He's got no hair, but we don't care".
I was also present at Liverpool's 9-0 evening thrashing of Palace. In the circumstances, The Palace support was great. At the end of the game, with the ground almost deserted bar held-back away support, they started "We're gonna score in a minute". Even got a smirk from an otherwise grumpy-looking policeman.

Rather miss the humour here in watching Udon . Sure it's there, but I don't usually understand what's being said. However, wife was with me one game and translated. We were seated on the concrete steps and these were seriously hot having been in blazing sun all day. One wag behind us apparently shouted "Ouch, my eggs are cooking!" much to the amusement of all around.

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » January 17, 2015, 1:13 pm

For those with longer memories, Anfield announcer vs Arsenal years ago.... – 20-5-14,05:48
"Substitution for Arsenal, coming on John Wayne Bobbitt....oops sorry, I mean Paul Dickoff."

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 17, 2015, 1:20 pm

And the new announcer started work 2 minutes later :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 22, 2015, 3:41 pm

Newcastle have joined the race for Ipswich defender Tyrone Mings, reports the Daily Mail. The 21-year-old has also attracted interest from Arsenal but Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy is determined not to lose the defender this month.

Following in the footsteps of Titus zzzzzz Bramble?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 22, 2015, 6:32 pm

You could have knocked me over with a feather, I certainly wouldn't have guessed that ....... :^o

There has not been one official enquiry for Manchester United midfielder Anderson, according to the Daily Mail. The former Brazil international, who is out of contract in the summer, is officially for sale but the club have received no serious interest in the player who cost them £20m back in 2007.

Can't for the life of me think why :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 22, 2015, 6:49 pm

No sure which is the scariest part of the deal ........ losing McCarthy or getting Younes Kaboul :-k

I thought Everton's defence was already a tad shaky at the moment :-"

Tottenham are preparing a £20m player-plus-cash bid for Everton midfielder James McCarthy, according to Goal. Spurs are thought to have given up any hope they had of signing Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin and have turned their attention to the Republic of Ireland international.

Reports suggest Younes Kaboul and Aaron Lennon are two players thought to be on Roberto Martinez’s radar as he looks to boost his ailing squad and Tottenham could be prepared to throw them into any potential deal for McCarthy.

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » January 22, 2015, 7:04 pm

Mc Carthy is going NOWHERE Statts....

socksy
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by socksy » January 24, 2015, 1:35 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Newcastle have joined the race for Ipswich defender Tyrone Mings, reports the Daily Mail. The 21-year-old has also attracted interest from Arsenal but Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy is determined not to lose the defender this month.

Following in the footsteps of Titus zzzzzz Bramble?
Hopefully he wont be the liability that Titus 'Shambles' was.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

jackspratt
udonmap.com

This Could Get Interesting

Post by jackspratt » January 25, 2015, 11:18 am

Asian Cup: Iran claims Iraq's Alaa Abdul-Zahra tested positive, lodges complaint about quarter-final result

The Iranian football team has lodged an official protest against Iraq, seeking to overturn the result of Friday night's Asian Cup quarter-final.

Iraq beat Iran 7-6 on penalties after the match finished 3-3 at the end of extra time and is scheduled to play South Korea in a semi-final in Sydney tomorrow night.

The protest claims Iraq played an ineligible player, alleging midfielder Alaa Abdul-Zahra should have been suspended after submitting a positive doping test while playing for his Iranian club side.

The Asian Football Confederation's (AFC) Disciplinary Committee is meeting this afternoon to discuss the protest.

The Iranian team remains in Australia, after delaying its scheduled departure as it awaits a ruling from FIFA and the AFC.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-25/i ... lt/6045114
Please note the story within the story - the alleged dopee is an Iraqi, who tested positive while playing for an Iranian club, and then played in the Iraqi team which beat Iran. :D

Hopefully it doesn't cause the Iran - Iraq War to flare up again. :shock:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 26, 2015, 11:10 pm

Rumours coming from St James Park that John Carver has dropped his request for a pay rise if he takes over as Number 1 ...... that should be enough to get Ashleys a*se in gear :roll:
Expect JC to be named in the next few hours :-"

vlad
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by vlad » January 26, 2015, 11:32 pm

Theres a rumour circulating that Man utd are offering De gea in exchange for Bale but the other rumour is the board will make up the 200 million offered for Messi.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 27, 2015, 8:50 am

vlad wrote:Theres a rumour circulating that Man utd are offering De gea in exchange for Bale but the other rumour is the board will make up the 200 million offered for Messi.
Don't need him Vlad .... they are in enough of a Messi already :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » January 30, 2015, 4:53 pm

Our colleagues at Sky Italia say a deal has been agreed between Chelsea and Fiorentina for Juan Cuadrado. The contracts are currently being drafted, and the fee is £23.3million euros plus a bonus that reaches the £26.8million release clause.

Jose Mourinho is thought to be keen for Cuadrado to be ready for the top-of-the-table clash match on Saturday against Manchester City.

Mohamed Salah could be available for a 18-month free loan in return, which Fiorentina are thought to be very interested in.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » February 2, 2015, 2:09 pm

IT'S DEADLINE DAY

How did he know you ask .......

Easy

Newcastle Utd have started to sell players, whilst making sure there is not enough time to replace them properly =D> =D> =D> =D>

The Newcastle Chronicle understands that Davide Santon is set for a move to Inter Milan today from Newcastle.

The full-back joined the Magpies in 2011 from Inter but will return home after struggling to nail down a regular place in the north-east this season.

mmmmmm might that be coz he only recoverred from injury last week :-k

pomps
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by pomps » February 2, 2015, 2:12 pm

Just been trying to find any info if Villa had managed to sign a striker on transfer day but came up blank,gawd help them [-o<

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » February 2, 2015, 2:34 pm

It's not a "striker" they need pomps ...... it's a "system" ....

Perhaps they can get one of LvG 's "twitchy bum" systems in on loan until the end of the season :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » February 2, 2015, 2:37 pm

I see there was another "benefit" that they allowed Scotland, to swing the referendum vote ....... their own time zone .....Window closes ONE HOUR LATER in Scotland

Return to “World Sports”