Kalasin

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
faranginUTH
udonmap.com

Kalasin

Post by faranginUTH » February 17, 2015, 4:46 pm

your recommendations on places to stay, nightlife, dining

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Kalasin

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 17, 2015, 7:57 pm

I have stayed 4 nights in Kalasin. The first time was somewhere around 2005 at a very beautiful first-class hotel that cost around 900 baht a night. It probably costs more now and was a little bit outside the main town.

Two years ago I stayed at a hotel that is straight out from the bus station...about a 5 minute walk. It was quite nice and convenient to the centre of this very small town.

I can't remember the names of either of these hotels.

For the most part I ate either at stands near the bus station or at a restaurant near the hotel. They were reasonable and inexpensive.

There seemed to be a nightclub/drinking establishment on the other side of the hotel near the bus station and an internet cafe. I was usually asleep by about 9 at night so did not pay attention to the night life. There is supposed to be some heavy-duty mafia linked to the police in Kalasin in which a number of people died during the Thaksin years.

I was interested in visiting a small village near Kalasin in which the famous morlam singer, Honey Sri Isaan, was buried after her tragic death by a car crash back in 1991.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

Kalasin

Post by faranginUTH » February 19, 2015, 6:24 pm

thanks uncle, I went there and did my shopping then decided to turn back to Udon the same day.

The places I researched was 9teen resort @ 350 baht a night (by the bus station) and "soi pattaya" for nightlife where there is some loogthung - sing a song girls
http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=16.42461 ... =0&src=msl

747man
udonmap.com

Kalasin

Post by 747man » February 19, 2015, 7:09 pm

Uncle Tilo Said......I can't remember the names of either of these hotels.......Well That'll be Yer Age Won't it

And..... I was usually asleep by about 9 at night so did not pay attention to the night life...That's Yer Age Again, Uncle..

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Kalasin

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 19, 2015, 7:12 pm

I just remembered that there is a world-class dinosaur museum about 10-12 km. outside the city. Sorry about letting you know now. Anyway, you need to go back and see this. At the time I went, when the museum first opened, it was free.

bumper
udonmap.com

Kalasin

Post by bumper » February 19, 2015, 7:18 pm

Anyone know of one in the area of the Lam Pao Dam There is a bike week there this month but it;s 30 Klms from Kalasin. If we can find a place to stay close to he Dam w will probably go,

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Kalasin

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 19, 2015, 7:19 pm

747man wrote:Uncle Tilo Said......I can't remember the names of either of these hotels.......Well That'll be Yer Age Won't it

And..... I was usually asleep by about 9 at night so did not pay attention to the night life...That's Yer Age Again, Uncle..
Yes and yes. Furthermore, I was too lazy to look up the names of the hotel, which some might also attribute to advanced years, or to the nature of the beast.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Kalasin

Post by FrazeeDK » February 19, 2015, 7:51 pm

I've driven through the Lampao Dam area and over the Thepsuda Bridge over the lake. I noticed a number of "Resorts" on the east side of the dam bridge. I don't recall the names.. https://www.google.co.th/maps/@16.71401 ... !1e3?hl=en
Dave

Return to “Travel & Transport”