nonsense personal war history

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » March 6, 2015, 10:11 am

hard to understand why.so many in aussi have been exposed .surely the shame of being caught out outweighs any advantage of being thought of as having done more then u did [if anything]vietnan war pretenders seem to be common.the worst case was a guy who lead the aussi returned servicemen war vets parades for a decade had never served his pic was all over the news.wtf why how etc etc

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 6, 2015, 10:24 am

Careful Wayne. Udon bars like bars all over Thailand are apparently full of ex-special forces soldiers, ex-SAS people and other very distinguished ex-military people. These chaps probably have similar issues to the folks you are mentioning. Other posters might be able to advise if these chaps look like athletic power-houses or more like the UK's Benny Hill ...
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » March 6, 2015, 10:50 am

In Pattaya on Soi Pattayaland 2, don't know if it is still there, was a Mexican Resturant called the Blue Parrot. It was owned by an American named Kevin Mitchell called Mitch by all his friends. He is a retired U.S. Navy Seal. He retired at the rank of Master Chief. I also knew him when he was on active duty and was stationed in Guam. He is the only person I know living in Thailand who was Special Forces.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » March 6, 2015, 11:37 am

we had an alki living in kumpa who claimed he flew jet fighters for half the worlds forces and was a seal for the other half drank that cheap thai white whisky.wife ran him out of shop with a chopping knife so funny this is off subject the question is are the public opinions and benefits of returned military personal so great guys will take such a risk to pretend to be one [im not talking about legal benefits ]

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 6, 2015, 12:07 pm

555+ good question wayne. I wouldn't have thought that it helped get guys laid ...

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » March 6, 2015, 12:12 pm

GT93 wrote:555+ good question wayne. I wouldn't have thought that it helped get guys laid ...
I would think a thousand baht note would work better

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 6, 2015, 12:32 pm

Yes, exactly. I think the assertions of distinguished military service are to impress other males. But most of us have a pretty good nonsense detector ...

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » March 6, 2015, 4:03 pm

i find nonsense personal histories to be the most common nonsense & most of it is not even military. its just nonsense about qualifications, skills, no wife or no gf or no kids, past conquests.

from my experiences ive encountered way more males bullshitters than female.

:^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o
temptation is a .....

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 6, 2015, 4:20 pm

In my experience those that have served in any service do not normally talk about it unless they are with friends, those that do talk about it, have not done anything of the sort .
Sort of like the guys that talk about how they were with a girl the night before, utter rubbish and I am being polite.

nokia0077
udonmap.com

Post by nokia0077 » March 7, 2015, 11:32 am

Merchant Seaman: Was surprised to hear you talk about Mitch....I used to play golf with him on a regular basis when I lived in Pattaya a couple of years ago. Also used to visit the "Blue Parrot" for good Mexican food. Last time I was there though, it was called something else. New people....lost trac of Kevin after that....good man...

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » March 7, 2015, 4:07 pm

Was on a ship operating out of Guam and Saipan. Mitch and his seal team from Guam use to hold drills and training on our ship. We were a merchant ship under contract to carry U.S. Marine Corp equipment. As you said a good man. I use to hang out at the Shamrock Bar Until we moved up here in 2001.

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » March 8, 2015, 1:57 pm

i think its mostly on anzac day that we are clamping down on the pretenders marching with nonsense ribbons etc.anyway anyone sprung in aussi is shown no mercy full public disclosure [-X

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 8, 2015, 7:56 pm

Khun Paul wrote:In my experience those that have served in any service do not normally talk about it unless they are with friends, those that do talk about it, have not done anything of the sort .
B0ll0cks, I was in the Mob for 23 years and did lots and I love talking about it to anyone because I had a spiffing time. But unlike you, I wasn't a Special Forces operative. :lol:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 9, 2015, 5:26 am

Earnest, we are not all the same, many do not like talking about it outside their friends, many view spouting on about it as showing off or even boasting . If you served for 23 years well done, you are right to be proud , but not to belittle others because they do not like to do what you do .

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 9, 2015, 10:50 am

There are a number of Navy Seals living in Pattaya and likely more scattered all over the country. You don't know about them because they don't talk about it. Even after being retired, they are discouraged about talking about their careers.

If you see or hear someone bragging about being special forces, you can be relatively sure that they are full of crap. Special forces are very disciplined and closed mouth.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 9, 2015, 11:20 am

Your right, Seals say nothing. When I worked part time on fishing trawlers, the Seals would come up to the trawler and say nothing, only smile at you.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 10, 2015, 1:37 pm

Of course there aren't many bragging rights for many military jobs. They're as dull and unadventurous as civilian jobs. May be it's these chaps who claim to be SAS, Navy seals etc.

No one is going to cough up to dropping Agent Orange over Vietnam for much of the American War. One reason, of course, is that they would probably be dead long ago.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 10, 2015, 1:44 pm

OT used to pretend in late teens/early twenties that Donny Osmond was my American cousin to impress a WFB as an attempt to move things along a bit quicker.
Never used any nonsense related to the military.

OT.................. \:D/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 10, 2015, 1:53 pm

Now we're talking what fibs might get real results. I should have known OT would have a Phd here. :D

I wonder if the Donny Osmond line might still help us bed the best looking farang ladies 55 plus.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 10, 2015, 2:13 pm

Post by Sport » 09 Mar 2015, 11:20
Your right, Seals say nothing. When I worked part time on fishing trawlers, the Seals would come up to the trawler and say nothing, only smile at you.

"Classic" now that put a smile on the dial. :D

Post by GT93 » 10 Mar 2015, 13:5
I wonder if the Donny Osmond line might still help us bed the best looking farang ladies 55 plus.

GT,
I doubt there's many getting on your bus to go out trying to bed 55 plus ladies :roll: well maybe a few looking for the 55kg range and not years?

Return to “Open Forum”