Information required.

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 4, 2016, 9:27 pm

Can anyone assist ?? purely with information or experience in the following

A Thai lady , family friend whom we have known for many years married to an expat here in Udon dropped by to inform us that very sadly her English husband had passed away she asked Dao and I if we knew of the procedure and who to contact etc reference her late husbands pension entitlement ...

Not knowing i thought some guys on UM may have some advice and therefore at least a starting point for her to get the procedure moving forward.

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Svein66
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by Svein66 » February 4, 2016, 9:41 pm

I was reading yesterday that the embassy will help if wife to a Norwegian, so she might start at the embassy of the country he`s from.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by Hoopoe » February 5, 2016, 4:13 am

It's been awhile since iv'e done one of these ,) so rules may have changed ) the Embassy will have already been notified, the Government pension , ! there is no widows pension anymore , but there is an allowance for breavement, was 2000 pounds , she is entitled to that ( if it still about )she may be entitled to a monthly payment for 1 year depending on her husbands contributions, other pension's , private etc ??? on average she would be entitled to about 60% of his monthly income ,( the last one i did it took nearly 18 months to sort out ) for Gov pensions , entitlements etc contact works & pensions uk , you will need national insurance number , date of birth , death certificate, , 4 years since i did the last one ,so laws may have changed ,

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by Brian Davis » February 5, 2016, 5:05 am

I recall a post by 'Eucalyptus' in the topic "UK Bereavement Benefit and Allowances". Some seemingly informed information there and maybe someone willing to help.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 5, 2016, 6:09 am

This may sound a bit harsh but if she's under retirement age they might tell her to get a job.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by Zidane » February 5, 2016, 9:36 am

From the UK Pensions website....

1. Overview
You might be able to claim Bereavement Allowance (previously known as Widow’s Pension) if you’re widowed between 45 and State Pension age.
You can get it for up to 52 weeks from the date your husband, wife or civil partner died.

2. What you'll get

The amount you get depends on:
the overall level of your husband, wife or civil partner’s National Insurance contributions
your age at the time of their death
Your age at your husband, wife or civil partner’s death
Maximum weekly rate

45 years old £33.77
46 years old £41.64
47 years old £49.52
48 years old £57.40
49 years old £65.28
50 years old £73.16
51 years old £81.04
52 years old £88.91
53 years old £96.79
54 years old £104.67
55 years old to State Pension age £112.55

The benefit cap limits the amount of benefit that most people aged 16 to 64 can get. Some individual benefits aren’t affected, but it may affect the total amount of benefit you get.

If you live abroad

Contact the International Pension Centre to find out if you can claim if you’ve moved abroad.

International Pension Centre
Telephone: +44 191 21 87608
Find out about call charges

Department for Work and Pensions
Bereavement and widows’ benefits
International Pension Centre
Tyneview Park
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE98 1BA

You must include your full name, date of birth and National Insurance number (if you know it).
.....plus a copy of the death certificate if your claim is to be accepted ??

Also,if he had a company pension,it is worth contacting the companys pension department as she might be entitled to a one off bereavement grant payment or an ongoing payment of part of his company pension.....can be up to 60% if he worked for a decent company.

So,as regards the Government pension,she will get nowt if she's under 45. :(
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 5, 2016, 9:47 am

MANY THANKS to all that have offered information and advice i shall pass it all on to the lady in question .

DM and Dao
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by trubrit » February 5, 2016, 10:27 am

Just pop in here. Sorry Zid since last year there is a residential requirement for both the one year pension payment and the death benefit, so if she isn't resident in the UK it's now zilch I'm afraid.However some private pension providers do give the option of spouse benefit after death but reduce the amount payable while alive. It may be worth checking if he took this option.I will endeavor to find the relevant govt white paper changing the death benefits and will post a link.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by trubrit » February 5, 2016, 2:27 pm

Can't find an up to date link but there are some important changes to bereaved persons pension coming into effect 6th April next.As well as a residential requirement they are now insisting on a legal marriage contract, not simply a live in partner any more. I suggest as each persons circumstances are different as age of spouse also comes into it, a call to the International Pension Centre on 44 191 2187608 would give the up todate information.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Zidane
udonmap.com

Information required.

Post by Zidane » February 6, 2016, 2:17 pm

TB,I found this on Thai Visa which suggests this lady will be entitled to an allowance as her husband passed away before 6th April 2016.

"Thai wives of British subjects are no longer entitled to a state pension, unless they have earned it in their own right (ie working at some time in the UK and paying NI contributions
When a British subject dies, his Thai wife is CURRENTLY entitled to claim Bereavement Benefits. They are a £2000 lump sum, if children under 18/19 and still at school, a Widowed Parents Allowance, or if no children, a Bereavement Allowance based loosesly on the husbands NI contributions as long as the widow is over 45, and this is payable for just 1 year.
NOTE Where the husbands state pension was frozen, benefits are reduced.
From 6th April 2016, there will be no Bereavement Benefits for Thai wives/widows, unless they were resident in the UK at the time of husbands death.

The simple message to British farangs is:- If you are going to die, do it on or before 5th April 2016."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Little Italian Udon
Udonmap Sponsor

daihatsu dealer

Post by Little Italian Udon » February 13, 2016, 7:05 pm

does anyone know if in udon there is a daihatsu dealer?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”