Hospital/ heart

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » April 30, 2016, 4:22 pm

Hy guys , i've got a small prob could do with some advice or knowledge , i need an Angiogram pretty urgent ,have been advise that Udon gen now do angiograms etc , i was there back 6 years ago and they were telling me to go the Kohn Kean , has it all changed , do they also do the stents etc , has anyone got any info , as the waiting time if i've got this right is at least 3months , as advised by the doctors after my heart attack ,

bumper
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by bumper » April 30, 2016, 4:26 pm

Bangkok Hospital opened a heart unit about a year ago

papafarang
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by papafarang » April 30, 2016, 7:05 pm

khon kean is where I go ,just turn up with your passport, very busy . but I took a mate with me and they give him blood tests and an angiogram then off to see the doctor, my doctor speaks perfect English, educated at Cambridge, costs are 50 baht for blood tests, 200 baht for the angiogram ,50 baht to see the doctor . medicines I have 4 types .
Beastatin ,caraten ,anapril and asprin. ,cost 1,800 for 3 months had angioplasty there about 4 years back after a heart attack, 2 blocked arteries . the bill at the general here, needed stabilizing 13,000 baht including ambulance to khon kean . operation and 3 days in hospital 117,000. it's a bit of a zoo ,but I go early morning. if your in need of stents I think its about a week or less, if urgent a couple of days
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » April 30, 2016, 7:47 pm

thanks for your replys guys ,i seem to hear a lot about Khon Kaen , on the plus side ,just over 2,000 for 2 stents etc , seems good to me , i don't want to wait like last time in blighty to find out it's too late the artery's blocked for good ,i will wait to see if i get more reply's then make a decision , cheers

MALC
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by MALC » May 1, 2016, 12:37 am

khon kaen is very good for heart and stents.i had one put in after my triple heart bypass.but get there early in the morning as it is very busy.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » May 1, 2016, 7:43 am

papafarang wrote:khon kean is where I go ,just turn up with your passport, very busy . but I took a mate with me and they give him blood tests and an angiogram then off to see the doctor, my doctor speaks perfect English, educated at Cambridge, costs are 50 baht for blood tests, 200 baht for the angiogram ,50 baht to see the doctor . medicines I have 4 types .
Beastatin ,caraten ,anapril and asprin. ,cost 1,800 for 3 months had angioplasty there about 4 years back after a heart attack, 2 blocked arteries . the bill at the general here, needed stabilizing 13,000 baht including ambulance to khon kean . operation and 3 days in hospital 117,000. it's a bit of a zoo ,but I go early morning. if your in need of stents I think its about a week or less, if urgent a couple of days
Hy , is 200bht for an angiogram a misstype , as i cant see the procedure being done for that , as i was quoted 10,000 bht 6 years ago ,

papafarang
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by papafarang » May 1, 2016, 8:17 am

oh sorry got mixed up , it was electrocardiogram not angiogram DOH :oops: . anyway very reasonable prices, nothing scary . khon kean is a university teaching hospital, with all the latest equipment. I suggest you get your wife to give them a call , at first I felt a bit guilty about using their services, but when I thought about it, I don't mind paying as it all goes into the pot to help their health services. in fact it's too cheap, but 4 years after I should have died I'm still here :D
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » May 1, 2016, 9:04 am

papafarang wrote:oh sorry got mixed up , it was electrocardiogram not angiogram DOH :oops: . anyway very reasonable prices, nothing scary . khon kean is a university teaching hospital, with all the latest equipment. I suggest you get your wife to give them a call , at first I felt a bit guilty about using their services, but when I thought about it, I don't mind paying as it all goes into the pot to help their health services. in fact it's too cheap, but 4 years after I should have died I'm still here :D

Ok no worries thanks for the info , i keep hearing from my Thai friends that Udonthani Gen now do all the same as Khon Kaen .started this year ,as it is nearer ,also i know of some doc's there from last time,i would like to go there as it's more convenient ,if i dont get any info on Udon , then i will go to khon Kaen , as they've been at it long time ,cheers

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » May 25, 2016, 4:15 am

Further on with the tale ,I ended up at Udonthani Hospital, had an Angiogram plus 2 nights in hospital , 23,000 bht ,the Angiogram shows 2 blockages In RCA ,one is 50mm/2inches long ,they stated that there is a new technique developed by the Japanese , to open and stent long blockages , they were going to Khon Kaen in June to demonstrate the new techknowlogy ,and hopefully i would be a good candidate for this procedure ,,,but they have since cancelled due to their government getting involved and any problems may cause political unrest ,,,,( believe wot you will i hear so many different stories these days )so i'm left with what to do next , any ideas ,?

Udon Map
Admin

Hospital/ heart

Post by Udon Map » May 25, 2016, 7:47 am

Hoopoe wrote:... there is a new technique developed by the Japanese , to open and stent long blockages , they were going to Khon Kaen in June to demonstrate the new techknowlogy ,and hopefully i would be a good candidate for this procedure ,,,but they have since cancelled due to their government getting involved and any problems may cause political unrest ,,,,( believe wot you will i hear so many different stories these days )so i'm left with what to do next , any ideas ,?
I'm not sure that I'd want to be one of the first few patients a newly trained doctor tries a new procedure on.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » July 12, 2016, 5:18 pm

After the success of the first stent , i'm going back in to attempt to clear the second blockage ,Khon Kaen hospital , couple of weeks of yet , will up date the result at that time ,

macca46
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by macca46 » July 12, 2016, 5:38 pm

What was the cost for one stent? as I may need another one soon, thanks

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » July 12, 2016, 8:12 pm

macca46 wrote:What was the cost for one stent? as I may need another one soon, thanks
100,000 up front if unsuccessful i was told they return a % of that, albeit a very small % , my total cost's last time was 112,000 bht , this time iv'e booked a private room at a cost of 800bht a night ,possibly 3 night's stay if no complications, that was for 1 stent , i was told each stent is 20,000bht , but i would also think it depended on the type of stent and length , mine is 38 mm long , iv'e been told it's the longest available, not sure true or false ,

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Marcosteffano » July 13, 2016, 7:36 am

I've had two stents done at kk.160,000 then 1 more a month later 130,000.done a great job. Had angina in both upper arms.

kkudon6244
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by kkudon6244 » July 13, 2016, 12:54 pm

I had an angiogram at Udon Bangkok Hospital a few months ago.
Within 2 hours of arriving the angiogram had been carried out. I had to stay overnight for observation and the whole cost was 40000 baht.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » July 14, 2016, 5:46 am

kkudon6244 wrote:I had an angiogram at Udon Bangkok Hospital a few months ago.
Within 2 hours of arriving the angiogram had been carried out. I had to stay overnight for observation and the whole cost was 40000 baht.

23,000 bht at udon general, and the guy knows what he's talking about ,he advised me on many things , for Eg , don't bother with the Echo cardiogram as it will not show the type of heart disease i have , the great so called Bangkok heart hospital in BKK , stated i had no heart disease what so ever on the strength of an Echo, i lost my pension because of this , now the battle begins ,

udonmark

Hospital/ heart

Post by udonmark » July 14, 2016, 11:49 am

were you happy with the quality of care? western standards?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by papafarang » July 14, 2016, 6:55 pm

the same as NHS mark, but no waiting at all. no see you in six months. more like are you busy later. ok lets get it sorted

kkudon6244
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by kkudon6244 » July 15, 2016, 9:45 am

udonmark wrote:
were you happy with the quality of care? western standards?

I had no issues with the quality and service. The only complaint I had was conflicting information I received from the nurses and Doctor before I left. The Doc said that I shouldn't exercise or lift anything for a couple of days - the nurses said 4 weeks.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Hospital/ heart

Post by Hoopoe » July 16, 2016, 7:37 am

Hoopoe wrote:

23,000 bht at udon general, and the guy knows what he's talking about ,he advised me on many things , for Eg , don't bother with the Echo cardiogram as it will not show the type of heart disease i have , the great so called Bangkok heart hospital in BKK , stated i had no heart disease what so ever on the strength of an Echo, i lost my pension because of this , now the battle begins ,just as an extra note the actual cost of Angiogram is 15,000 bht , the rest -8,000bht was for 4 nights and medication ,

Return to “Health & Beauty”