Falang Motorbike Burger man

General Udon Thani topics only!
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » May 31, 2016, 10:36 am

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » May 31, 2016, 11:00 am

coxo wrote:
Seahawk wrote: by Seahawk » May 30, 2016, 4:11 pm

I am appalled by the dickheads on here who want to bash a guy for getting off his arse and trying to make a living. Stand by your own, is something that a few of you seem to forget. We ALL came to Thailand for fun and sun. If a guy runs out of money, but chooses to stay here for whatever reason.....marriage, love, children or the the possibility of more strange snatch, who are we to judge.
Some of you idiots sicken me. We live in a country where prostitution is illegal (where did most of us meet our tilaks) gambling is illegal .....see you at the race track on Saturday, if the wife/girlfriend/significant other is not playing cards behind my back or my favourite watering holes does'nt have a farang owner to run the place and make you welcome....
Stop bashing your own, and those of you who don't live here, shut the **** up......you are the worse type of hypocritical dick we have on here. In short....Get a Life!
My sentiments exactly, there are some very bored people in Issan.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 31, 2016, 11:42 am

12345 wrote: Why do you think they keep tightening and enforcing the visa and work rules..............because they keep catching criminals violating the rules.
The last Immigration Act was written in 1979. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... on_Act.pdf
The Foreign Employment Act was written in 2008, (previous FEA 1978).http://www.bia.co.th/023.html

So as far as I can gather the laws have not changed recently.

Are they enforcing the law more vigorously? Maybe, but that just means there properly doing the job their paid to do.

As you know there are crack-downs from time to time, and the officers are fond of releasing photos to the media when they round up a group of illegal immigrants or catch a westerner whos wanted in his home country. I have not noticed an increase in these events. Did I miss something?
Lone Star wrote:[12345 was correct in laying out how laws morph into greater penalties and fines. Laws and fines regarding motor vehicles don't continue to multiply and expand unless problems are repeatedly identified. The same is true with immigration law. The more violations in certain areas of immigration, the more pushback there will be from the authorities in the form of fines, sentences and general regulations, which make it difficult for us all.
Lone Stars point is valid, if a large number of people are breaking the law then fines could increase as a deterrent, but that doesn't effect those of us who follow the rules. Now if law/regulations change, then we have a problem. But I don't see that happening now, in the recent past or in the near future.
UFF DA!

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » May 31, 2016, 11:58 am

Put your hand up if you've never broken a law in Thailand. Drove a vehicle after drinking a little too much, gambled, paid for a bird from a bar, had more than a litre of alcohol when you flew in ran a bar as a silent owner. The interesting part of the thread was the possible farang burger man, who he is, why is he doing it, are the burgers any good. Let Thai law take care of itself and get back to the story of the Burger man

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 31, 2016, 12:09 pm

grievous wrote:The interesting part of the thread was the possible farang burger man, who he is, why is he doing it, are the burgers any good. Let Thai law take care of itself and get back to the story of the Burger man
well said.
thailand tightening the immigration laws because of a "Falang Motorbike Burger man" in Udon Thani?
if not ridiculous at least funny.

Jello
udonmap.com

SPOT THE BURGERMAN

Post by Jello » May 31, 2016, 12:59 pm

coxo wrote: there are some very bored people in Issan.
Yeah I think am. If your reading a thread with "Burgerman" in the title you must be bored!
Think I'll go out and scout around for a hamburger. :lol:
grievous wrote:The interesting part of the thread was the possible farang burger man, who he is, why is he doing it, are the burgers any good. Let Thai law take care of itself and get back to the story of the Burger man
I've been keeping an eye out for him everyday, haven't seen him yet.
Wondering if the story is just made-up for the sake of a good thread! :lol:

We could turn this into a scavenger hunt. If you spot the burgerman, get a picture of him cooking burgers on the back of his bike (but don't show his face or bike plate number) and post it here. :D

The mysterious Burgerman, wherefore art thou?
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Spot the Burgerman

Post by Jello » May 31, 2016, 1:16 pm

Found him -
I win. :lol:
UFF DA!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 31, 2016, 2:51 pm

I reckon of it was arranged for the main protagonists on the thread to turn up in a public place to sort out their differences with others who have an interest in attendance then the burger man would turn up to sell his wares and make a few bob. Would be a bit of a laugh and the burger mystery would be solved. \:D/
Watch Me!!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » May 31, 2016, 3:41 pm

The Thread Wrecker has done his bit now disappeared.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » May 31, 2016, 3:58 pm

OR..... doesn't have anything else to add, and doesn't post things simply to SS like some. A few already chimed in, who actually have reading comprehension, agreeing with some or all of my thoughts.

Nuff said,.....,.let it go.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 1, 2016, 1:09 am

grievous wrote:Put your hand up if you've never broken a law in Thailand. Drove a vehicle after drinking a little too much, gambled, paid for a bird from a bar, had more than a litre of alcohol when you flew in ran a bar as a silent owner. The interesting part of the thread was the possible farang burger man, who he is, why is he doing it, are the burgers any good. Let Thai law take care of itself and get back to the story of the Burger man
Yes. Hopefully there's not a sad story behind why he's doing this. I'm looking forward to a report from someone who has bought one of his burgers.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 1, 2016, 5:15 am

I have a feeling , since I drove around the area he was supposed to be plying for trafde, that this matter was either a spoof post designed to test the water about working practices vis a vis work permits, to which the answer has been given,
OR the local BIB have decided to end this persons short lived career.

Judging by the lack of response from anyone who claims to have seen him or even tasted his wares, then it could be fair to assume ( I may be wrong ) that this person known affectionately as Motorbike Burger man NO longer exists if in fact he did at all.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » June 1, 2016, 5:41 am

Khun Paul wrote:I have a feeling , since I drove around the area he was supposed to be plying for trafde, that this matter was either a spoof post designed to test the water about working practices vis a vis work permits, to which the answer has been given,
OR the local BIB have decided to end this persons short lived career.

Judging by the lack of response from anyone who claims to have seen him or even tasted his wares, then it could be fair to assume ( I may be wrong ) that this person known affectionately as Motorbike Burger man NO longer exists if in fact he did at all.
correct KP, its called trolling for responses aka "being bored in issan"

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 1, 2016, 8:32 am

Khun Paul wrote:
I may be wrong but wasn't there a guy called Peter who used to work at Chern Chim, had a motorbike adapted as a burger stall and used to ply his wares outside D&N at nights, might it be him? I haven't heard of him for a long time .
The other guy seen with his son selling at Nong Prajak happened to be in immigration when I was in last week. I wasn't in on the conversation but I gathered he is on a dependent relative visa so is legally entitled to work. The officer didn't seem to be too concerned about his activities anyway.
I find it quite amazing that someone who dodges round the law to own land to prevent losing it to the Thai girl of the moment, causing in the process, maybe indirectly, a tightening up of the loop hole used, should show such indignation when he thinks another is working, to feed his family, could cause him a little more inconvenience on his next visa extension. :roll:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 1, 2016, 2:13 pm

No it is not peter that was and out of hours offshoot of CC then, peter has moved on now.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 2, 2016, 9:05 pm

Bit of a development on this tonight at Nong Prajak and I'm pretty certain it relates to our "farang burger man.".....

About 6.15pm I was about to start a jog of the park starting near the shrine at the top end of the lake.(T-junction,traffic lights).
I was doing a bit of stretching exercises,just prior to the run,and I noticed 3 policeman and some other guys in plain clothes come up the steps together.
I thought nothing of it and started my run but,almost immediately,I could see where the police were heading and it was to a farang guy selling burgers accompanied by his presumably,Thai son just a bit further down the park.
When I finished my run the police and the farang and his Thai son had gone.
But my wife,our granddaughter and a friend were there and I asked them what had happened.....
Apparently the police had a tip off that he was working without a permit.His Thai son explained that it was just to earn a few baht to help him with his schooling expenses and they only sold burgers 3 nights a week.
But it was to no avail and they had both been taken down to the police station.
The Thais around the area were very sympathetic to the man as he was only helping his Thai son out and were critical of the police saying why didn't they go after real criminals or go after Burmese or Vietnamese illegals working in the town.
A couple of Thais even said his burgers were delicious ! :D
So there you have it.....a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut really......I spose,strictly speaking,he should have applied for a work permit........I just hope it wasn't a fellow farang who grassed him up ?? :-k
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

benchwarmer1
udonmap.com

Post by benchwarmer1 » June 2, 2016, 10:40 pm

What happened to Peters burger Van
Thought he was baking bread now!
Fornerly of ccc
Does he have a son???
A jordy doing sausages instead of burgers next edition!
All about the Sausages

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 3, 2016, 6:57 am

Zidane wrote:Bit of a development on this tonight at Nong Prajak and I'm pretty certain it relates to our "farang burger man.".....

About 6.15pm I was about to start a jog of the park starting near the shrine at the top end of the lake.(T-junction,traffic lights).
I was doing a bit of stretching exercises,just prior to the run,and I noticed 3 policeman and some other guys in plain clothes come up the steps together.
I thought nothing of it and started my run but,almost immediately,I could see where the police were heading and it was to a farang guy selling burgers accompanied by his presumably,Thai son just a bit further down the park.
When I finished my run the police and the farang and his Thai son had gone.
But my wife,our granddaughter and a friend were there and I asked them what had happened.....
Apparently the police had a tip off that he was working without a permit.His Thai son explained that it was just to earn a few baht to help him with his schooling expenses and they only sold burgers 3 nights a week.
But it was to no avail and they had both been taken down to the police station.
The Thais around the area were very sympathetic to the man as he was only helping his Thai son out and were critical of the police saying why didn't they go after real criminals or go after Burmese or Vietnamese illegals working in the town.
A couple of Thais even said his burgers were delicious ! :D
So there you have it.....a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut really......I spose,strictly speaking,he should have applied for a work permit........I just hope it wasn't a fellow farang who grassed him up ?? :-k
Well the streets of Udon will be safer now with this criminal taken care of :roll: I wonder why he did not just let the son run things and hang back.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 3, 2016, 7:59 am

We forget that the RTP Immigration dept especially do read this forum and others. So it was not us per se, but the fact that it was raised and shown to all that this person was/is a farang might just have alerted said BIB to act.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 3, 2016, 8:23 am

They would have to be thick skinned to read some of your posts about Thais KP. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”