Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

General Udon Thani topics only!

tutone
udonmap.com

Re: Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

Post by tutone » September 29, 2016, 9:07 am

What do you say for skin color? Pink, flesh colored, tan, cream, coffee, jaundiced, white with brown spots? :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2016, 9:17 am

Doesn't really matter as they will be able to identify you by the tattoo number they put on your arm :-$

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 30, 2016, 11:54 am

and as we well know every Immigration office will do it differently or not at all or as in the article send somebody out to your house... Just go with the flow and don't get agitated... Its a massive bureaucracy and will gets its way or not do a thing...
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2016, 12:44 pm

So is this not what they SHOULD have been doing all along ??

It was "the norm" when I first came to Udon. Two or three car loads of "officials" who welcomed you and had pictures taken shaking your hand outside your house (with house number and car reg in photo).

Surely it wasn't just the fact that Statts had come that caused all the fuss :lol:

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » September 30, 2016, 12:56 pm

many moons ago when I used to live in the village in Sakon Nakon this was also the norm, they would all turn up for a day out at the house and want to know all sorts of personal information, when asked why ' they said we like to know who our falaangs are in the area and what they are up to..but main reason was who to contact in case found splattered on the road with motorbike... fair enough I suppose

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2016, 1:12 pm

There goes my celebrity status ....... :lol:

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » September 30, 2016, 3:39 pm

monkeyman wrote:many moons ago when I used to live in the village in Sakon Nakon this was also the norm, they would all turn up for a day out at the house and want to know all sorts of personal information, when asked why ' they said we like to know who our falaangs are in the area and what they are up to..but main reason was who to contact in case found splattered on the road with motorbike... fair enough I suppose
Not just being nosey beggars then after a free feed?
If it happened to foreigners in uk there would be hell on, as it's Thailand they get away with such behaviour.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » September 30, 2016, 6:08 pm

My Dobermans are not too receptive to unannounced visitors and I hope they can read the Beware of Dogs sign
should they pay me an unexpected visit !!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 1, 2016, 3:54 am

Spoke to my friend up in the North of the country, following a renewal of his visa apart from the ew form , there has never been a visitation and he does not know anyone who has had the visit.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”