Windsor windows.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
kopkei
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by kopkei » April 27, 2014, 10:39 am

very strange after all these questions about windsor , no one has posted this link on udon map ,
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaninews/, which contains an article with photo's about the shop...
maybe due to the article being 2 years old it was forgotten?.... ;) , i also did not find it on the map ,
probably no sponsor anymore ? ;)

mr passout
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by mr passout » May 16, 2014, 11:20 am

HI Everyone, has anybody had experience with bi-fold doors,i am trying to block my staircase so that the air conditioning on the ground floor is working more effectively.or if anybody has other solutions.looking at doors,would need to be custom made as the ceiling height is 2.5m by 2.2m wide.any comments appreciated.added some photos of the doors and what i am trying to block off. :D
Attachments
SDC11512.JPG
contact-side-frame.png

parrot
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by parrot » May 16, 2014, 3:21 pm

I don't know if I'd want a glass door at the very bottom of a staircase....but from the looks of your photo, it'd be very easy to have one of the aluminum fabricating companies put up a sliding door to block off that area. We did a similar thing several years ago....blocked off the living room from the dining room. Very easy to do, not expensive at all, and it makes a world of difference in keeping the important parts of the house cool. You could do a french door sort of thing....but more moving parts = ?

You can arrange to have a sliding door hinged on wheels that hang above the door, thus freeing the floor of any obstructions. I'd guess you could have someone do a nice job for around 10k, +-

papaguido
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by papaguido » May 16, 2014, 5:06 pm

I agree with Parrot about having glass at the bottom of the stairs. I thought of doing the same in my home, except I was thinking of a combination of aluminum and glass. The aluminum partition would be between 60-70cm high and glass mounted on top of that to the ceiling. I don't have any sample pics, but it may be seen in some shop houses around town.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by FrazeeDK » May 16, 2014, 5:21 pm

DANGER!! watch those sliding glass doors! I've put nose prints and forehead prints on the glass a number of times.. getting up from the couch half asleep in the late evening can lead to unexpected collisions with said door... Luckily its tempered and its never broken (yet)... And no, I don't think putting stickers on it would help..
Dave

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by Stantheman » May 16, 2014, 7:09 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:DANGER!! watch those sliding glass doors! I've put nose prints and forehead prints on the glass a number of times.. getting up from the couch half asleep in the late evening can lead to unexpected collisions with said door... Luckily its tempered and its never broken (yet)... And no, I don't think putting stickers on it would help..
I must agree with this, if you use glass doors please put on some kind of "sticker" decoration to show you where the glass is and if door closed. Also based on what I have read over the years you are not losing a lot of AC to upstairs from first floor as heat rises and cool settles so most AC will remain on lower floor. I have a split level home and my lower level is always 5 to 6 degrees cooler then upper level and this is with the majority of the central AC vents almost completely closed on lower level.

mr passout
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by mr passout » May 17, 2014, 7:17 am

Thanks for all the replies,and ideas i will think them over.
I understand about the hot air rising,walking down stairs to the first landing you feel that cool air hitting,feels like you have just opened the fridge door,especially this time of year.cheers mike.

parrot
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by parrot » May 17, 2014, 8:52 pm

The middle panel in the photo is the sliding door.......you can easily have the fabricator add an extra cross bar to the door, maybe at eye level or slightly below. In our case, we added a 4" strip to the door.....although I need to take the existing strip off and raise it another half foot or so. When you open the door, there's nothing on the floor to trip over. The 3-panels of aluminum and glass (total 12' long, 11' high) cost about $110......in 2006. Money well-spent!
Attachments
20140517_141332.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Windsor windows.

Post by parrot » May 19, 2014, 6:43 pm

One unintended side effect of that glass partition is that it acts like a mirror to the outdoors. Even though the glass is clear, it tends to reflect the scene outside the nearby patio doors.....like a mirror. Our smoked glass patio doors do the same when you're standing out on the patio, looking at the doors.
Not intended that way.......but very happy with the results.
The panel on the left of the photo is the inside reflection.....the panel on the right is part of the patio door.
Attachments
20140519_172430.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Windsor windows.

Post by FrazeeDK » January 19, 2017, 10:31 am

update.. The SCG store about 5km east of the Big C overpass on the Sakon Nakon road has a Windsor window/door display area. The sales people working for SCG will contact a Windsor representative to set up a visit to your home to do a price estimate for window installation or replacement. We're going to check all that out tomorrow morning..
Dave

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » January 19, 2017, 6:00 pm

There's a great Windsor contractor right in town just behind Bangkok Hospital. They are on the continuation of the road which runs from UD Town toward Bangkok Hospital. You can easily find them by continuing on that road passing the school. They will be on your right about 3-400 meters after the small traffic circle. Khun Yok is the lady I've dealt with for all our Windsor needs. They are one of two (I believe) authorized Windsor contractors in UT.

I hope this helps.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 19, 2017, 6:44 pm

Why don't you go to the Windsor work shop showroom? The Windsor staff have everything you need. Opposite side of the ring road from Hyundai. Go down the soi before the lights about 300 Mtrs on the left up the Windsor drive way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 19, 2017, 7:28 pm

On the first one, got it https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.40942 ... 312!8i6656

On the one across the ring road from the Hyundai dealer.. Is it the EK Company shown here: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.40857 ... 312!8i6656

I'll talk to the SCG reps in the morning and then check out the other two references..
Dave

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » January 19, 2017, 7:41 pm

Frazee

You have it located correctly. The second place is (I believe) the other authorized dealer. I spoke with both places when we built our home and found the second place (across from the Hyundai Dealer) to be significantly more expensive. The Hyundai dealer is on the ring road between the road to Kut Chup and Chris's Place.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 19, 2017, 7:53 pm

I'd checked out EK a couple of years back when they were located at the next intersection down the Ring Road... So, I'll check out the one by BKK Hospital first... Thanks!
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 20, 2017, 3:54 pm

went to the Windsor vendor down past Bangkok Hospital this morning.. They do not have their display room there, it is located just past AEK Udon Hospital on Pho Sri on the same side as AEK. located here: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.39934 ... 312!8i6656 We talked with the salesgirl there who by questioning us and showing us various grades of Windsor windows, locking mechanisms, grades of glass etc. got an idea what we wanted. The Company sent a two person team out to take photos and accurate measurements of each window we're replacing in the house. They'll have an estimate for us next week and if we accept promise installation of the windows in two weeks after they are locally built... More to come on pricing...
Dave

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » January 21, 2017, 7:08 am

Thanks for the update Frazee. Good luck. I hope it all works out ok for you. We've had our Windsor windows and doors in now for over ten years without a problem. BTW they can install double pane glass in the windows if you like.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 21, 2017, 9:14 pm

the saleslady came back with the estimate today.. 31 windows of varying types, triple locking, 6mm tempered/tinted glass with screening.. Entire job to include old window removal with one year labor guarantee and 10 year guarantee on the windows; 191,000 baht.. After paying 50% the company will custom fabricate the windows (2-3 weeks) then schedule a date for installation..
Dave

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”