Shaved Parmesan

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Owld Feller
udonmap.com

Shaved Parmesan

Post by Owld Feller » February 25, 2017, 3:36 pm

Can anyone please advise who stocks this?

I used to get kilo bags in Chern Chim but haven't been able to find it since in any of the supermarkets or Makro.

It's much less hassle than grating when topping lasagne (I've never tried bags of pre grated.because I don't rate the tubs of the stuff).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Shaved Parmesan

Post by BobHelm » February 25, 2017, 3:42 pm

Topps sometimes have blocks of Parmesan.
The new Villa would be my first port of call though - they have a fairly extensive range of Italian cheeses, although I have never noted shaved Parmesan, but I have not specifically been looking for it..

Owld Feller
udonmap.com

Post by Owld Feller » February 25, 2017, 4:09 pm

BobHelm wrote:Topps sometimes have blocks of Parmesan.
The new Villa would be my first port of call though - they have a fairly extensive range of Italian cheeses, although I have never noted shaved Parmesan, but I have not specifically been looking for it..
Thanks for the reply but it's specifically shaved Parmesan I'm after - I normally source my blocks from Makro (they are Thai produced Parmesan, but imho very good/well priced).

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 25, 2017, 5:32 pm

Owld Feller wrote:I used to get kilo bags in Chern Chim but haven't been able to find it since in any of the supermarkets or Makro.
Maybe get in touch with Jon at The Tap and ask him where he got it? Maybe he can order for you.

Owld Feller
udonmap.com

Post by Owld Feller » February 25, 2017, 6:02 pm

Udon Map wrote:
Owld Feller wrote:I used to get kilo bags in Chern Chim but haven't been able to find it since in any of the supermarkets or Makro.
Maybe get in touch with Jon at The Tap and ask him where he got it? Maybe he can order for you.
Thanks for the suggestion - will do if nobody can come up with an Udon stockist.

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 25, 2017, 6:07 pm

Probably stupid to say.. but I buy 1kg blocks.. and simply shave as I go along.. keep it NEARLY frozen.. and lasts a year for real.. despite sales claims.. Out 3 fridge.. small sweat.. shave various thickness as required.. back in the super cold.. but NOT iced. Just sayin..

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”