They cant take the critizim

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
christian_2013
udonmap.com

Re: They cant take the critizim

Post by christian_2013 » February 27, 2018, 12:30 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 27, 2018, 9:54 am
NRA membership numbers rising. Delta Airlines losing breaks. FedEx stands with the NRA.

Thanks, CNN. :)
I hope it backfires on them in a big way! I was tempted to sign up for a lifetime membership and don't even have a gun.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 27, 2018, 2:07 pm

christian_2013 wrote:
February 27, 2018, 12:30 pm
Lone Star wrote:
February 27, 2018, 9:54 am
NRA membership numbers rising. Delta Airlines losing breaks. FedEx stands with the NRA.

Thanks, CNN. :)
I hope it backfires on them in a big way! I was tempted to sign up for a lifetime membership and don't even have a gun.
The membership drive spearheaded by CNN and the LIB activists is driving it. :)

I predicted as much. 555
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 27, 2018, 2:47 pm

So you continue to provide a smoke screen of saying We are here to protect our citizens, and our rights, the second amendment.
Well it sure seems that what the Governor of Georgia is doing is threatening by withdrawing CASH. So, in the end come out and say it is really all about the money and nothing else

Georgia GOP leader threatens Delta over cutting its NRA ties

ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia's lieutenant governor on Monday threatened to prevent Delta Air Lines from getting a lucrative tax cut after the company ended its discount program with the National Rifle Association, in the latest fallout from a deadly school shooting in Florida.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 27, 2018, 8:10 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 27, 2018, 2:47 pm
So you continue to provide a smoke screen of saying We are here to protect our citizens, and our rights, the second amendment.
Well it sure seems that what the Governor of Georgia is doing is threatening by withdrawing CASH. So, in the end come out and say it is really all about the money and nothing else

Georgia GOP leader threatens Delta over cutting its NRA ties

ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia's lieutenant governor on Monday threatened to prevent Delta Air Lines from getting a lucrative tax cut after the company ended its discount program with the National Rifle Association, in the latest fallout from a deadly school shooting in Florida.
Not a smoke screen. It's about preserving all rights of all Americans.

You can keep making it about anything you wish and trying to spin it, but I have been consistent. :)

How is action by a state government official in Georgia the NRA's fault? That's a rhetorical question.

In a free society, don't both sides get to take action against things for which they disapprove? The activists threatened Delta using NRA smears and threatened to smear Delta. Delta caved. So now folks on the other side are taking their case to Delta. I'm perfectly fine with both. It's how a free society operates, and I'm sure there will be many others not flying Delta one way or the other.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 27, 2018, 9:19 pm

I can only hope your thoughts and preserving rights never get to another country

That's probably why such countries don't want the USA in there giving them Democracy. They look at the model and how you have developed and don't want it

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 27, 2018, 9:27 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 27, 2018, 9:19 pm
I can only hope your thoughts and preserving rights never get to another country

That's probably why such countries don't want the USA in there giving them Democracy. They look at the model and how you have developed and don't want it
Cool, but it's not a democracy. Have a good one.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 27, 2018, 9:35 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 27, 2018, 9:27 pm
Doodoo wrote:
February 27, 2018, 9:19 pm

Cool, but it's not a democracy. Have a good one.
Just an FYI, the United States is not a Democracy, it is a Republic

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Democracy_vs_Republic

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 27, 2018, 9:49 pm

Sorry a "constitutional federal republic" picking on words.
It is skirting the comment NO one else wants it

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 28, 2018, 12:05 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 27, 2018, 9:49 pm
Sorry a "constitutional federal republic" picking on words.
It is skirting the comment NO one else wants it
Now that you have made a general statement, can you get specific on countries that have stated this and not just your belief. Again be specific and provide sources

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » February 28, 2018, 8:04 pm

Doodoo,

A funny thing about the USA (and the UK) is that almost everyone hates them - yet they have a problem with trying to keep people OUT. :shock: When you think about it that's strange. If they are such awful places you would expect everyone would be trying to leave and no one wanting to go there. :D

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 28, 2018, 8:29 pm

Bonanza
Don't have a clue you would have to ask someone who is wanting to go to the USA.
"If they are such awful places you would expect everyone would be trying to leave and no one wanting to go there."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 28, 2018, 10:25 pm

Bonanza wrote:
February 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
Doodoo -I believe that the NRA quote, "....a shameful display of political and civic cowardice." refers to those companies who are not genuinely against gun ownership, but are too scared of the liberal lobby to say so. Hence, they simply follow the popular trend. Their 'cowardice' is in their fear of saying that they are neither anti nor pro additional gun legislation. :D

In the UK, the shooting of a number of children in school in Dunblane led directly to the total ban on handguns.
This shooting could have been prevented had the police acted on information given to them. The findings of the inquiry have been sealed for 100 years. :shock:

Since that time gun crime in UK has risen every year. :(
...but school massacres have stopped.

kulsungkham
udonmap.com

Post by kulsungkham » March 1, 2018, 2:55 am

The public report of the Dunblane shooting is not subject to the hundred year rule (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1/3386.pdf), however...

The 1991 report by Detective Sergeant Paul Hughes from the child protection unit at Bannockburn, wrote a report detailing the disturbing behaviour of a man called Thomas Hamilton. It recommended Hamilton be prosecuted for his conduct at a children's residential holiday camp, and recommended his firearms licence be revoked. Neither recommendation was acted upon.

The actual details of Mr Hughes's report - a ''voluminous'' work relating to Hamilton's activities and listing large numbers of children's names - were not released. And in 1996, after Hamilton killed 16 pupils and a teacher at Dunblane Primary School, Lord Cullen met the staff of the Scottish Records Office and recommended that the report be placed under 100-year closure.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 15, 2018, 7:44 am

Bonanza wrote:

In the UK, the shooting of a number of children in school in Dunblane

The Dunblane attack was a tragedy.

Please give a link to your sources about gun crime in the UK, as I'm sure you would not make a faulty or false claim on a subject like this.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » September 15, 2018, 9:10 pm

true due to smuggled weapons from eastern europe ..uncontrolled migration again..the good guys had their weapons banned so only the crims have guns now
the only good Tory is a lavatory

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 16, 2018, 8:42 am

yartims wrote:
September 15, 2018, 9:10 pm
true due to smuggled weapons from eastern europe ..uncontrolled migration again..the good guys had their weapons banned so only the crims have guns now
What I think you are saying is that if everybody who wants a hand gun has one then it will be less gun crime is that correct?

If what I think you're saying is correct that would be why the USA has a Firearm-related death rate per 100,000 population per year of 11.96 that rate rate is at least 52 times greater than in the UK of 0.23 :shock:

The fact that police have to assume that everyone has a gun in the USA would also be a cause of the death rate of around 1000 people from police gunfire in 2015 while in the uk in 2014/15 in the uk there were 14,685 Operations with armed police 6 times when guns were fired and 1 death.

UK, complete hand gun ban in private ownership.

The numbers may not be absolutely correct as the US is afraid to compile accurate information but even the FBI information states a rate of justified deaths 44,100% higher than in the uk in 2015

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 16, 2018, 9:04 am

tamada wrote:
February 28, 2018, 10:25 pm
Bonanza wrote:
Doodoo -I believe that the NRA quote, "....a shameful display of political and civic cowardice." refers to those companies who are not genuinely against gun ownership, but are too scared of the liberal lobby to say so. Hence, they simply follow the popular trend. Their 'cowardice' is in their fear of saying that they are neither anti nor pro additional gun legislation. :D

In the UK, the shooting of a number of children in school in Dunblane led directly to the total ban on handguns.
This shooting could have been prevented had the police acted on information given to them. The findings of the inquiry have been sealed for 100 years. :shock:

...but school massacres have stopped.
As have mass shootings; UK 3 since 1987, USA 90 between 1966 and 2012

The USA has had an average of 1 school shooting per week in 2018 (up to May 25) including 3 mass killings. (Source CNN )

After the first 2 UK mass shooting incidents gun laws were made more restricted

The USA has made gun laws less restrictive, (the lapse of the assault weapons ban)

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”