Americans with Direct Deposits Bangkok Bank

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: Americans with Direct Deposits Bangkok Bank

Post by Stantheman » September 5, 2016, 10:57 pm

Jello wrote:No problem.

BTW, I wrote in that post "no fee" which isn't true. They don't list the fee (as far as I know) but when the money shows up in my BKB account the exchange rate works out to be somewhere between 0.1 to 0.4 baht less that their posted exchange rate for the day.
Not sure how much or if there is a fee when transferring via Bangkok Bank in N.Y. but there is a "conversion" fee charge when funds hit the bank in Thailand. It is a percentage but has a minimum of 200 baht and a max of 500 baht the last time I checked.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 6, 2016, 11:13 am

semperfiguy wrote:Does anyone out there have a Capital One bank account in the US with online access wherein they can order a transfer of funds online, without having to speak with a live person, and have the money wired through Bangkok Bank in New York directly to their Bangkok Bank account here in Thailand? If someone can confirm that is possible, then I will be a happy camper!
You might want to take a look at Pentagon Federal
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » September 18, 2016, 6:37 am

To the best of my knowledge and experience yes it can be done. But besides paying your Bank the Transfer fee if you wire through NY they will charge anywhere from $5 - $20. based on the sum wired. Then BBK Thailand will charge ,0025% as a conversion fee from US to Thai. If Capital One can do a swift transfer you will eliminate NY as BBK has a letter code which I believe you can find on their web site.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 18, 2016, 6:39 pm

We talked to the main branch manager she said if I was ill they would come to the hospital to get my signature or finger print and disburse the money to my wife. HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 19, 2016, 8:59 am

bumper wrote:We talked to the main branch manager she said if I was ill they would come to the hospital to get my signature or finger print and disburse the money to my wife. HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't count on that. 8-[
UFF DA!

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » September 23, 2016, 6:23 am

Similar to what I heard also at a micro branch from their staff.
bumper wrote:We talked to the main branch manager she said if I was ill they would come to the hospital to get my signature or finger print and disburse the money to my wife. HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 23, 2016, 6:22 pm

Peter USNR wrote:Similar to what I heard also at a micro branch from their staff.
When I go to the main branch to move money from direct deposit account to another account, seems I always get help from their english speaking helpers. She/he will fill out one form, while I fill out the other. And they always tell me to sign the withdrawal slip twice while at the forms counter, even though it says something like, sign it front of teller. Go figure.

Just thinking a way to test the ease of withdrawal would be to get a withdrawal slip, bring it home, fill it out, sign it, and send wife, with bank books, passport, and filled out form. See what happens?

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 3, 2018, 1:49 pm

So, what was the outcome of this class action lawsuit?

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 16, 2018, 3:07 pm

merchant seaman wrote:
November 13, 2014, 7:17 am
And what will the result of the law suit be? Bangkok Bank NY cancel all direct deposits? Or will they just start posting their fees?
I guess we know now.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”