Debit or Credit cards

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Re: Debit or Credit cards

Post by Nigglyb » August 24, 2017, 5:37 pm

It's clearly down to the individuals descretion in different branches whether they'll issue Visa Debit cards

May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » August 24, 2017, 6:25 pm

trubrit verified visa scheme ? what is that ? do I have to register some place before I use my debit card
for transactions .Thanks Niggglyb good to know I can use it in the Uk.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 24, 2017, 6:55 pm

verified visa scheme
It is an Internet system generated by Visa (rather than a specific Bank).
You usually register for it via the Bank that issued the card though - but through their Internet site, in my experiences..
You generate a new & independent of any other password (I believe it should be 8 characters long).
When you attempt to purchase anything on line from a Supplier a new screen will appear. This is from Visa & asked you to enter 3 of the specifically requested digits from your Password. (1, 4 & 7 for example).
Only once that verification has been approved can the card be accepted by the supplier of the goods,

The system is a bit AI & after you have used it for a time small purchases will often be approved with a quick "Verification is not necessary" 'flash screen' that requires no card members' input...

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » August 10, 2018, 8:08 am

RE:Visa cards.Had an appointment with the manager of Udon Bangkok Bank yesterday, during our discussion he noticed my Visa debit card and promptly informed me as far as BB are concerned Visa is finished, no more cards with the Visa logo will be issued by them. Those currently held by customers will be honoured until there expiry date but will not be replaced, only by cards issued by the Chinese owned Union Pay. This also goes if you lose your Visa card you will get the chinese one . So hang on to the one you've got.It's ireplaceable.
On an associated note, users of the 1333 phone service are not able to check balance on line as the Visa card number is not recognised .My experience anyway, forgot to ask him about it .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 10, 2018, 2:23 pm

Just put my U.K Debit " Visa " Card into Bangkok Bank ATM Comes up as Card Suspended,Doesn't expire until 04/19,So came home & Phoned Halifax Bank to ask them about it,They checked on their system.....Man tells me Sir it's NOT Been suspended by us WTF !!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 10, 2018, 5:49 pm

747man wrote:
August 10, 2018, 2:23 pm
Just put my U.K Debit " Visa " Card into Bangkok Bank ATM Comes up as Card Suspended,Doesn't expire until 04/19,So came home & Phoned Halifax Bank to ask them about it,They checked on their system.....Man tells me Sir it's NOT Been suspended by us WTF !!!
Big red flag.
Where was the ATM?
That is one of the possible indications of a skimmer on the ATM
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 10, 2018, 5:56 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 10, 2018, 5:49 pm
747man wrote:
August 10, 2018, 2:23 pm
Big red flag.
Where was the ATM?
That is one of the possible indications of a skimmer on the ATM
At My Own branch in NK Mate...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
August 10, 2018, 8:08 am
RE:Visa cards.Had an appointment with the manager of Udon Bangkok Bank yesterday, during our discussion he noticed my Visa debit card and promptly informed me as far as BB are concerned Visa is finished, no more cards with the Visa logo will be issued by them. Those currently held by customers will be honoured until there expiry date but will not be replaced, only by cards issued by the Chinese owned Union Pay. This also goes if you lose your Visa card you will get the chinese one . So hang on to the one you've got.It's ireplaceable.
On an associated note, users of the 1333 phone service are not able to check balance on line as the Visa card number is not recognised .My experience anyway, forgot to ask him about it .
This is still on their website.

I am not arguing that you were denied but I reckon there's a distinct lack of clarity from BB on what is still available. By the same token, there's a whole lot of websites that aren't kept current in LOS. I have the Be1st VISA debit and I get the prompts at the ATM that it needs to be replaced. My home branch is in Pattaya so it is on my to-do list when I pop down next month.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBankT ... 019_En.pdf
be1st.jpg
Be1st VISA Debit card page 1
be1sttoo.jpg
Be1st VISA Debit card page 2

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 11, 2018, 3:42 pm

tamada wrote:
August 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

This is still on their website.

I am not arguing that you were denied but I reckon there's a distinct lack of clarity from BB on what is still available. By the same token, there's a whole lot of websites that aren't kept current in LOS. I have the Be1st VISA debit and I get the prompts at the ATM that it needs to be replaced. My home branch is in Pattaya so it is on my to-do list when I pop down next month.
I can virtually guarantee that you will not get a Visa debt card if you replace your current one.

FWIW by BB ATM card is so old it is just an ATM card and nothing else and it doesn't expire.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » October 1, 2018, 3:09 pm

We are returning to Udon early November for 6 months When we left in May we were issued a Union Pay Card and only a few places accepted.
Has the situation got better eg Will Tesco now accept ?

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » October 2, 2018, 6:41 am

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » October 2, 2018, 3:00 pm

Thankyou that is great news.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 20, 2018, 8:52 am

2 weeks ago had my new bkk bank debit card. Did not realise it was not visa but union pay . A few days ago i tried to use it at shop , not accepted . Tried to book a flight with air asia , no . Tried to use it with lazada . no.
This morning tried to register it with paypal , not supported . Complete waste of chinese junk Read on their website it only works at atms in asia but not old ones which do not accept the chip .
Just phoned Bangkok bank and the girl told me because of customers closing their bank accounts they will be issuing a new card on nov 2 with master card and if i go in with my passport they will change for me . So good news as i was going to close my account (after i opened a new one ) as i use paypal a lot for 14 years and did not want to lose it.
The mind boggles why they would do this , they must have known union pay was not supported by many shops and websites ? Must be a bit of chinese cash changing hands methinks

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » October 20, 2018, 9:15 am

Ive known about this for a while , luckily mine is still valid .
I was thinking of changing banks after 14 years with BKK myself , so pleased to know they have finally woke up to smell the coffee . Why they changed is beyond any reason . What idiot , at what level decides to drop visa in the first place , and i bet they still have their job . Accountability , whats that !

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 20, 2018, 10:25 am

Good news for BBL customers.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » October 20, 2018, 2:48 pm

Why they changed is beyond any reason . What idiot , at what level decides to drop visa in the first place , and i bet they still have their job . Accountability , whats that !
[/quote]

If you dig under the dirt you may well find the Chinese are the largest shareholders of BKK Bank
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 20, 2018, 6:55 pm

joepai wrote:
October 20, 2018, 2:48 pm
If you dig under the dirt you may well find the Chinese are the largest shareholders of BKK Bank
And I think you'll also find that the Sophonpanich family are heavily into the annual tomb-sweeping Qingming malarkey 'back home' as well.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 6, 2018, 3:46 pm

BBL is issuing Mastercard ATM cards.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 6, 2018, 7:03 pm

mak wrote:
November 6, 2018, 3:46 pm
BBL is issuing Mastercard ATM cards.
I dropped by the Phosri Road branch of Bangkok Bank yesterday to inquire about the expiration date of my Visa debit card. Jenny, the young lady that handles my Foreign Currency Deposit accounts, told me that those cards will expire in 2019 regardless of the expiration date printed on the card. However, no one knows in what month they will discontinue them. I was told to continue using my card and when they get some official word I will get an email. As per usual, headquarters makes such announcements and the details seldom trickle down to the employees in the branches. Then they all pick up bits and pieces through the grapevine, but nobody is ever on the same page. Unbelievable!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » November 7, 2018, 11:57 am

Today I visited Bangkok Bank , I explained to the young lady I wish to change
my Visa debit card for a Master Card. She was puzzled why , I explained I had
read on the internet my card will be closed next year and also some times
at the ATM my card is rejected and I am told to contact my bank ,
So as the Visa Card is now being replaced I may as well up grade to a Master Card.
I have the card with a six digit pin and no charge for the change over of cards.
I tested the new card at the ATM all good , expires 2023 so I hope no more problems
with using at the ATM . Also I hope I can use in London .

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”