Udon Thani Hash House Harriers.

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Hash House Harriers.

Post by AussieBoy » March 12, 2018, 7:29 pm

Sport wrote:
March 12, 2018, 2:22 pm
Sorry AB for the late reply, been travelling around Oz and no networks. Unfortunately there will no sports at the bar while I am away. Its a bit of a challenge to set up 3 or 4 TVs with different live sports at the same time, I asked a couple of regular customers could they do it and they replied, "We dont want the stress or headaches lol".

Advise the boys to keep watching it at the Sports bar or Harrys. I believe John at the Elephant Bar (was Benchwarmers) has 3 TVs up and running for sports and its a great bar for food and sports.

You got a job yet AB?.
Nope wont happen, they said to far to go out in the boon docks, any thing past Big Cee, there scared to go. still here, work will come around one day, only wanted 1 tv to watch sport, Harrys seems to have to much buffering, watching Rugby at the new Brick house soi farang

Master Builder

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 10, 2018, 11:34 am

So the long overdue and much heralded "Udon Thani H3 Resurrection" has withered and died on the vine?

Cooler and drier weather for the next 2-3 months would be a great time to get out 'past Big C' and for some fresh air, exercise and cold p!ss. There's acres of virgin hashing territory inside the rough-as-guts southern ring road (I think some call it the west ring road for some bizarre reason). You don't even need to run... but the ability to walk briskly will ensure you'll get back to the beer before it's all gone.

On-On
Attachments
udonroads.jpg

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 11, 2018, 6:09 am

tamada wrote:
November 10, 2018, 11:34 am
So the long overdue and much heralded "Udon Thani H3 Resurrection" has withered and died on the vine?

Cooler and drier weather for the next 2-3 months would be a great time to get out 'past Big C' and for some fresh air, exercise and cold p!ss. There's acres of virgin hashing territory inside the rough-as-guts southern ring road (I think some call it the west ring road for some bizarre reason). .

On-On
As you yourself do on the ringroad intersection thread . Sorry but you really got to try a bit harder than that . Your attempts at trolling are just lame .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 11, 2018, 7:57 pm

saint wrote:
November 11, 2018, 6:09 am
tamada wrote:
November 10, 2018, 11:34 am

Cooler and drier weather for the next 2-3 months would be a great time to get out 'past Big C' and for some fresh air, exercise and cold p!ss. There's acres of virgin hashing territory inside the rough-as-guts southern ring road (I think some call it the west ring road for some bizarre reason). .

On-On
As you yourself do on the ringroad intersection thread . Sorry but you really got to try a bit harder than that . Your attempts at trolling are just lame .
This is the Udon Thani Hash House Harriers thread that seems to have lost a bit of focus.

Thanks for helping in that regard.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 12, 2018, 4:40 am

No problem , anytime i can help . It would appear however that the H3 seems to be dead , as well as out of focus .
Could be just be a hiccup , but im sure your excellent suggestion of using the western ringroad will rekindle the flame in many a member . So well done you .

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 12, 2018, 7:58 am

Yep, HHH3 passed away of natural causes, ie, hardly any newcomers turned up, the 4 or 5 die hards did make the effort and tried hard to make a go of it.

The bar is still here as a meeting point and if there is more interest it can be resurrected.

Rob 0840934089.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 12, 2018, 9:19 am

Sport wrote:
November 12, 2018, 7:58 am
Yep, HHH3 passed away of natural causes, ie, hardly any newcomers turned up, the 4 or 5 die hards did make the effort and tried hard to make a go of it.

The bar is still here as a meeting point and if there is more interest it can be resurrected.

Rob 0840934089.
Thanks for that update. Hashes come and go but to be sustainable, they do need to be supported by a younger, more enthusiastic bunch of resident exiles. Apart from the 'chav' recently caught making a twunt of himself on Sampan, there's not a lot of youngish 'retirees' coming to Udon. I have been a member (and a founder member) of several hashes and it also needs a bit of expendable cash to get a sound footing and us older buggers have even less of that these days. Maybe a weekly get together but a monthly run is an option?

Bootlegger

Post by Bootlegger » April 19, 2023, 6:18 pm

Hey, I’m finally in Udorn! About 5 years too late. Anyway, I might search out the old hash bar to see if there are any stragglers around for a while.

On on!

Bootlegger

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 19, 2023, 8:30 pm

Unfortunately Jingjoes bar has been flattened to the ground and is no more.

Maybe another bar is willing to take over the mantle as home of the Udon Thani HHH?

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 22, 2023, 9:18 am

Last time I ran HHH in Udon we went to Harry's after the event.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 22, 2023, 2:45 pm

That must be about 15years since Harry's Bar existed?

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » April 22, 2023, 6:24 pm

They don't make em like Harry any more, at least not in Udon at this moment in time.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » April 24, 2023, 2:00 pm

I wonder whether any person who is following this thread is aware that in February of this year, the Bangkok Hash organised an 'Outstation' run in Udon Thani.

There were people attending this run from such places as Vientiane, Khon Kaen, Roi Et, Chiangmai, Bangkok (of course) Kuala Lumpur, and New Malden. There may have been people from other places too, but those were where the people I spoke to came from.

Unfortunately, there were only two people from Udon involved, one of the two hares and me.

We based ourselves at the Brick House. On Friday we had welcome drinks and food, and on Saturday took a number of mini-buses to the run, which was in the Nong Sim area. After a Thai or Greek meal, we returned to The Brick House for a few drinks.

On Sunday we had a hangover run which started and finished at the Brick House.

The hare tells me that he received no complaints whatsoever about the weekend.

In my experience, there is no particular pub at which the hash congregates. For the Bangkok Hash, The Bangkok Monday Hash, or the Siam Sunday Hash, one would normally head out of town for a run in the country. This should ideally be from a safe parking space and within easy distance of a restaurant (Thai food of course).

Having said all of this, I do rather fear that any attempt to resuscitate the Udon Thai Hash would be in vain.

In my experience, the vast majority of foreign retirees in and around Udon are people who spent all of their working lives in the country of their birth. Let us say that they are 'conservatives', at least with a small C. My experience with most hash-persons reveals that they are far more liable to try anything at least once.

I will be delighted if, once again, I am proven wrong.

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”