Banning Plastic Bags New York State

General Udon Thani topics only!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Banning Plastic Bags New York State

Post by Doodoo » April 3, 2019, 9:26 am

Well its starting to move along the ladder. New York State will ban all but the majority of plastic bags next March 2020
https://nypost.com/2019/03/29/new-yorks ... arch-2020/

https://study.com/blog/which-countries- ... -bags.html

What is it they say STEADY WINNING

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Banning Plastic Bags New York State

Post by tamada » April 3, 2019, 10:03 am

General Udon Thani Forum

What's with your perpetual LS baiting BTW? You're coming across as (more and more) churlish every time you do it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Banning Plastic Bags in Udon Thani

Post by tamada » April 3, 2019, 10:05 am

Back on topic, the Royal Farm Project shop IN UDON THANI stopped dishing out plastic bags since about 6 months ago already.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » April 3, 2019, 10:09 am

No bag as far as I am concerned means I will go elsewhere

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 3, 2019, 10:31 am

minimiglia wrote:
April 3, 2019, 10:09 am
I seem to recall the same thing being said in the early days when restaurants in Thailand banned smoking.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 3, 2019, 10:53 am

minimiglia wrote:
Does your genny run on plastic bags then?

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » April 3, 2019, 12:06 pm

Not me smoking while eating is a disgusting habit

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 3, 2019, 12:08 pm

General Udon Thani Forum

What's with your perpetual LS baiting BTW? You're coming across as (more and more) churlish every time you do it.

Tamada this article has nothing to do with HIM
I have posted before the actions of Thailand shops(711) not using plastic bags, now I used the State of New York the first State in the US and also posted the information regarding other countries who have provided action to start saving the environment

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » April 3, 2019, 12:09 pm

tamada wrote:
April 3, 2019, 10:53 am
minimiglia wrote:
Does your genny run on plastic bags then?
What have you been smoking??? I use them to stop my items rolling all over the place in my car and they make perfect bin liners and then burn very well on my weekly rubbish bonfire.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 3, 2019, 8:43 pm

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » April 4, 2019, 7:54 am

Banning plastic bags is another half baked environmental feel good idea. Plastic bags are the tip of a huge worldwide plastic and disposal problem. Instead of addressing the plastics issue at its source large petroleum chemical companies it’s easier to make the end consumer feel guilty. The use of plastic over the last 50 years has gotten out of control.

Everything we buy is wrapped or dispensed in plastic. Maybe having a return fee on all plastic containers will slow the use of plastic. Get the convenience food stores like 7/11, Amazon, Starbucks, McD to stop using disposable plastic cups and bags.

At Top Farmers’ Market in Central the vegetables are wrapped in banana leaves. Your purchase is then placed in a paper bag.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 4, 2019, 4:44 pm

Good to hear about Topps
Unfortunately places like Canada Europe etc don't have access to a lot of Banana Leaves But once again that doesn't stop them from other alternatives

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2019, 8:24 pm

Jing Jing wrote:
April 4, 2019, 7:54 am
Banning plastic bags is another half baked environmental feel good idea. Plastic bags are the tip of a huge worldwide plastic and disposal problem. Instead of addressing the plastics issue at its source large petroleum chemical companies it’s easier to make the end consumer feel guilty. The use of plastic over the last 50 years has gotten out of control.

Everything we buy is wrapped or dispensed in plastic. Maybe having a return fee on all plastic containers will slow the use of plastic. Get the convenience food stores like 7/11, Amazon, Starbucks, McD to stop using disposable plastic cups and bags.

At Top Farmers’ Market in Central the vegetables are wrapped in banana leaves. Your purchase is then placed in a paper bag.
I went to Big C today. It was no plastic bag day. Funnily enough guilt is the last thing that crossed my mind as I stuffed my purchases in my unfashionable but eminently practical cargo pants pockets and sashayed towards the down escalator.

Then I hit Villa and they were also on the no-plastic-bag gig. But they do have free paper sacks so I grabbed a spare one and emptied my (still unfashionable) cargo pants pockets.

I like it when I either forget what days there's no plastic bags or some new shop gets on the green bandwagon. It makes for a more exciting day and thinking outside the box which typically isn't a feature of day-to-day life in Udon.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”