Udon City Bus

General Udon Thani topics only!
LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Udon City Bus

Post by LoneTraveler » April 24, 2019, 10:54 am

I went to Big C (Phosi Road) and used the car wash there. I had the exterior, interior and engined cleaned, I have used this car was many times over the years, excellent service for a very reasonable price. Anyway, I wanted to go to UD town and Central plaza while waiting for my car to be finished. Outside, near the number 2 taxis I saw a new bus (literally) marked Udon City Bus. The driver asked where I was going (speaks English). I said Central Plaza, he said ok. I boarded, he showed me where to deposit the fare (same as City Buses) told me fare 20 baht.

He said buses leave every hour starting @ 6 am. The bus starts at Big C, goes to UD Town, Train station and then to Central Plaza, from there it goes on to the Airport. Nice bus, air-condition, nice seats. It will be useful if I need transport to or from Airport considering I always travel light (one carry-on suitcase) I hope this service catches on because it sure beats the alternatives when not using my car. I saw many Thais looking at bus but not sure what service it provides.

Reminds me of the Airport bus service in Jomtein by Pan's Pizza for 124 baht. Not many people used it initially because they were unsure of the quality of service. I now have to buy a ticket in advance to ensure a seat at the time I want to depart. 90 minute trip in comfort for 124 Baht. I was hoping the service would flourish and indeed it has.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Udon City Bus

Post by parrot » April 24, 2019, 11:15 am

The buses have been in operation for a few weeks. They're electric....free wifi, aircon......you can download the app and see the location of the different buses. I'm not sure how many are in operation at one time, but I seem to recall reading 'five'

https://www.facebook.com/udoncitybus/

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 24, 2019, 11:16 am

Someone left a Yeti cup onboard........it's available to claim if it's yours

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 24, 2019, 11:27 am

The app is called Udoncity Bus, available on the google app store. It shows the current location of all the running buses.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... udon&hl=en

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » April 24, 2019, 1:28 pm

I think more to come eventually,one will circle the ring road and end up at central.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » April 24, 2019, 1:33 pm

Chuchi wrote:
April 24, 2019, 1:28 pm
I think more to come eventually,one will circle the ring road and end up at central.
There’s an article about it in Issue 47 The Udon Thani Guide if you see one out and about.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 24, 2019, 2:21 pm

A bus that actually goes to the Udon Airport?

Wow. Welcome to 1920!
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 24, 2019, 8:36 pm

parrot wrote:The buses have been in operation for a few weeks. They're electric....free wifi, aircon......

Parrot can you show the info about the buses being electric???
Followed one the other day on the main road past the hospital coming from khon kaen.
The was something revving very loud in the back.

It is actually a great addition in UT. The bus I passed was half full. Will be interesting to see how long the life expectancy is with these Chinese buses.
Hopefully they last long time. The stop start Udon conditions test the best of vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 24, 2019, 8:41 pm

and the $64000 question .............. are they allowed out after dark or will they stop running at the very time they can be of use (to avoid people drink driving) :-k

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 24, 2019, 8:43 pm

I think I messed up......got caught up with the wifi, GPS, aircon. Thanks for pointing that out

6am to 7pm. . ...I believe

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 24, 2019, 9:35 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
April 24, 2019, 10:54 am

He said buses leave every hour starting @ 6 am. The bus starts at Big C, goes to UD Town, Train station and then to Central Plaza, from there it goes on to the Airport. Nice bus, air-condition, nice seats. It will be useful if I need transport to or from Airport considering I always travel light (one carry-on suitcase) I hope this service catches on because it sure beats the alternatives when not using my car. I saw many Thais looking at bus but not sure what service it provides.
Interesting

So the Bus goes to the Airport.

Do you know if it actually goes into the Drop Off / Pick Up area at the Terminal, or does it simply Stop somewhere outside the Airport gate on that main road

Does it look a bit like this

Udon City Bus.jpg
Udon City Bus
pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 24, 2019, 9:46 pm

Think I have answered my question

I found this under Udon City Bus

Looks like it actually goes into the Terminal

Udon City Bus Map.jpg
Udon City Bus Map

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 24, 2019, 9:52 pm

parrot wrote:
April 24, 2019, 8:43 pm
I think I messed up......got caught up with the wifi, GPS, aircon. Thanks for pointing that out

What a surprise ..... Not [-X

When will someone here realise that if you want to cut down on the drink drivers you HAVE to provide a choice of alternatives. When they cracked down on dd in UK they introduced a much better night bus service and also added night trains to ferry people near enough to their homes to enable them to walk or get a local taxi home.
Surely its not too much to ask for them to provide a half hourly baht bus on all routes throughout the night?
Cost would be offset by the savings on hospital and burial fees :-$

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » April 25, 2019, 10:21 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 24, 2019, 9:35 pm
LoneTraveler wrote:
April 24, 2019, 10:54 am

Interesting

So the Bus goes to the Airport.

Do you know if it actually goes into the Drop Off / Pick Up area at the Terminal, or does it simply Stop somewhere outside the Airport gate on that main road

Does it look a bit like this

Udon City Bus.jpg

pipoz4444
Yes the driver told me the bus goes into the terminal. Pretty useless if they drop off by the 15 taxis and have to walk with suitcase(s) into the pick-up/drop-off area of the terminal.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 25, 2019, 10:29 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 24, 2019, 9:52 pm
parrot wrote:
April 24, 2019, 8:43 pm

What a surprise ..... Not [-X

When will someone here realise that if you want to cut down on the drink drivers you HAVE to provide a choice of alternatives. When they cracked down on dd in UK they introduced a much better night bus service and also added night trains to ferry people near enough to their homes to enable them to walk or get a local taxi home.
Surely its not too much to ask for them to provide a half hourly baht bus on all routes throughout the night?
Cost would be offset by the savings on hospital and burial fees :-$
Good point you make Statts , but you made a fatal mistake .
Your idea applies logic to the problem .
Something our hosts are sadly lacking in ,especially the ones that make all the rules .
Not forgeting you would also be killing the cash cow our finest rely on !

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » April 25, 2019, 11:54 am

although I agree whole heartedly with buses and baht buses needing to run later wont happen due to the tuk tuk and taxi drivers every time public transport rears its head there up in arms grab taxi drivers get beat up they have been on about a sky train in Pattaya for over 15 years dosent happen as the mafia run baht bus and taxis wont allow it same here they dont want anyone improving things another stupid thing is why the number 15 baht bus stop just past big c on main ring road and just come back surely with the amount off accommodation in Rum Yen ban sarang first home and I village it would be worth going in there then back into town

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 25, 2019, 12:33 pm

You're asking the city to foot the bill for a few loose cannons who can't control their liquor intake? That's what late night taxis are for.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 25, 2019, 2:17 pm

A friend of ours says the current buses are CNG.....the next phase....orange line....are supposed to be electric

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 25, 2019, 2:37 pm

Drop off and pickup at the airport outside door 1.
Just got a shot as he sped into the dust caused by the very flow asphalting of the entrance road.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 25, 2019, 2:45 pm

parrot wrote:
April 25, 2019, 12:33 pm
You're asking the city to foot the bill for a few loose cannons who can't control their liquor intake? That's what late night taxis are for.
Amazing isn't it - the city puts on a free, upgraded bus service that will be 99% used by the locals, and yet it is the other 1% who start whinging. :confused:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”