Bad Experience at Udon Thani Hospital

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Klaussi
udonmap.com

Bad Experience at Udon Thani Hospital

Post by Klaussi » July 27, 2019, 9:01 am

My wife (55+) is undergoing mammography every second year, in different hospitals in Udon Thani. This year we choose again the Udon Thani Hospital. Arrived there at 12pm, on 23rd of July, with the intention to only arrange for an appointment for the mammo to be performed. After registration (within this procedure my wife got back the ID of different woman) we were sent to a station at 3rd floor. Of course, no staff there, it has been lunchtime. Waited until 13.15pm, then we were told to be at the wrong station. Went to 1st floor, front desk: Oh sorry, sent you to wrong place. It turned out, we have to see a doc prior to the mammo procedure. (Why???) So we were told to draw a number sheet. The number was 240, drawn at 13.24pm. The number indicated at the monitors for the next patient to visit the doc has been 122.
I encouraged my wife to ask staff wether or not we would have a chance to see the doc today, as there were 117 patients before us. She hesitated but did so, nurse told her: Sure, 100%, you will consult the doc today.
We sat down, waiting. At 14.30pm the monitor showed number 155 was next. It was so hot, the air so sticky. We waited. At 15.57pm my wifes number was shown. She went to the doctors room only to hear from the nurse, doc has gone already. Wow!! Wasted nearly 4 hours each. Filed a complaint at the respective department, staff promised, authorised personen would call back. They never did.
Though we are happy with their medical procedures, the organisation should be improved a lot. We will not return this year to Udon Thani hospital but choose another hospital.
Is this typical for hospitals?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Bad Experience at Udon Thani Hospital

Post by Giggle » July 27, 2019, 10:14 am

No. Typically you begin queuing around 6 a.m.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » July 27, 2019, 11:09 am

completley typical for Udon goverment hospital when I see my consultant there I arrive 7.30am and am lucky to leave by 4pm these days the nurses no me and after blood tests say come back after 2pm so I dont wait in there all day it is ridiculous and yes you have to see a doctor for everything what would just be a matter of getting a gp to fill a perscription in the UK requires me to visit the surgeon madness also going at 12pm is the worst possible time as everything shuts down for at least an hour but getting there early am can leave u sat all day aswell what really gets my goat is when there is 1 patient with around 6 family members thats why the place so crowded

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 27, 2019, 11:35 am

Try the Tessaban Hospital on Udondutsadi road near Soi 4.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 27, 2019, 1:35 pm

mak wrote:
July 27, 2019, 11:35 am
Try the Tessaban Hospital on Udondutsadi road near Soi 4.
Yes! New hospital! Not wait so long,and clean. Much more civilized.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 27, 2019, 3:55 pm

Or take a book with you. What are you doing that needs immediate action.??
Go to an EU hospital and be prepared to wait as well. Gives you a chance to see how many "Non Natives" are in the queue who will be taken in front of you.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 27, 2019, 4:44 pm

Why not just pay a few Baht and goto the Thai Military hospital, if you can't afford AEK - BKK Hospital or the like? Had two very good experiences at the Military Hospital, one for TW's Aunty and one for myself!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 27, 2019, 5:58 pm

My experience with the military hospital was harrowing!
After not being able to pee but busting to go, went the this hospital.
Had to have a cafeter fitted.But nobody could do!5 different nurses tried.
Each giving excruciating pain! Along comes the big boss. Rams it in .
I scream! She says "Jai yen yen! You must relax" in a stern voice!
After tells me "Go Udon hospital they can do"
Went to Udon hospital .Nurse did it first time!
I have BPH now for 2 years.I ain't going back!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » July 27, 2019, 8:24 pm

I've been to a few gov hospital's. The procedure is pretty much the same. Rule 1.get there early.. 6am. Rule 2.be prepared to switch off brain .cattle market description is about as good as it gets
Emergency situations are very different in my experience. Eg I arrived at KK heart hospital (after being stabilized at my local hospital for heart attack) within 1hour of arriving I was on the operating table. You can't get better than that

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 28, 2019, 10:10 am

choi choi wrote:
July 27, 2019, 5:58 pm
My experience with the military hospital was harrowing!
After not being able to pee but busting to go, went the this hospital.
Had to have a cafeter fitted.But nobody could do!5 different nurses tried.
Each giving excruciating pain! Along comes the big boss. Rams it in .
I scream! She says "Jai yen yen! You must relax" in a stern voice!
After tells me "Go Udon hospital they can do"
Went to Udon hospital .Nurse did it first time!
I have BPH now for 2 years.I ain't going back!
I had the same symptoms when I stayed in Pattaya during the Curfew times, eventually got to the new Government hospital near P Klang and a doctor told me you need a catheter to allow you to pee. A nurse who I thought was in her late 20's came and inserted the tube after quite a long period of massaging etc. I am not joking when I say I would have married that girl then and there, she had a dream of a touch.

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » July 28, 2019, 11:11 am

I have always used Wattana hospital,opposite Prajak park.Modern private hospital,first class service and treatment,no long waits.However,I was covered by my insurance,if you were to pay,I would think it would be expensive.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 28, 2019, 11:23 am

udonfox wrote:
July 28, 2019, 11:11 am
I have always used Wattana hospital,opposite Prajak park.Modern private hospital,first class service and treatment,no long waits.However,I was covered by my insurance,if you were to pay,I would think it would be expensive.
Yip, Never had to use but friend has. Anything overnight adds about 25K baht to the bill and you pay extra for the food. Good hospital if you need urgent care, though just make sure you have ready money because they demand up front payments.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » July 28, 2019, 11:33 am

udonfox wrote:
It is expensive and the meds are extortionate.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 28, 2019, 11:46 am

It is expensive and the meds are extortionate.
[/quote]

Yip. I remember the visiting Urologist at Pattaya giving me the name of the meds and saying go to the local pharmacy, much cheaper. Just was not sure about the 'Same Same' nonsense you get.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 28, 2019, 12:29 pm

udonfox wrote:
I can confirm the "expensive" part.

They quoted TBH45,000 for a procedure I ended up getting at Udon General for ~TBH7,000, and in Oz would cost about the same as UG.

(When the Wattana admin lady gave me the quote, I smiled and asked seriously if she actually meant 4,500. She didn't.)

For TBH38,000 I will put up with a bit of stuffing around - of which there certainly was.

I now get the same thing done by a general surgeon at Ban Dung hospital, for about THB4500 - and without the stuffing around. :D

Return to “Health & Beauty”