Beware of Lazada.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Beware of Lazada.

Post by Paul » July 29, 2019, 11:41 am

For my 2 bahts worth. Lazada is good but you need to do your research first. They are not always the cheapest and sometimes the seller (who sell through Lazada) do not give accurate descriptions. My last purchase I even messaged the seller directly (via the Lazada link) and received a satisfactory response, so ordered the item and when it arrived was did not do what the seller had just told me it did - so had to return it.
I have just started looking on Shopee where some items are vastly cheaper than Lazada, however on the PC website I cannot find any way to change the language from Thai to English. We called customer service who didn't know either and in fact told me I wasn't even registered on their website - despite me telling her I am looking at their website screen now and it says Welcome Paul !!! Now I can't even log in at all, so am about to give up. If anyone knows how to get English on the PC version - please let me know

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » July 29, 2019, 12:51 pm

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » July 29, 2019, 1:11 pm

Charlieb wrote:
July 29, 2019, 12:51 pm
Try this for Shopee
https://help.shopee.co.th/th/s/article/ ... 2967300520
Your link is for Shopee APP? You look at the PC website and I don't see a way to change it to English. Shopee does have some good deals.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 29, 2019, 7:36 pm

colt1911 wrote:
July 29, 2019, 1:11 pm
Charlieb wrote:
July 29, 2019, 12:51 pm
Try this for Shopee
https://help.shopee.co.th/th/s/article/ ... 2967300520
Your link is for Shopee APP? You look at the PC website and I don't see a way to change it to English. Shopee does have some good deals.
I contacted shopee about no english and they showed me how to do it when i have logged on but problem is i cannot register because it is in thai . catch 22

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 30, 2019, 7:36 pm

After several exchanges between Shopee and myself, they replied to my emails (in English) and told me that 1) their website for the PC (as opposed to the mobile app) does NOT support English language yet.

And 2) regarding the difficulty logging on - they sent a very clear step by step instruction and you do need to register first using the thai language registration process - so will need some help and it does include receiving an OTP on your phone. Once you are registered you can then change the language of the app to English relatively easy.

To be honest I was impressed by their responses to my problem and the clear way they gave step by step instructions to register and log on. Clearly there are a lot of improvements needed to the site, but its new and they are trying and are pretty cheap too so good to have some competition for Lazada.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 31, 2019, 2:43 am

some competition for Lazada? as far as i know lazada /shopee /aliexpress = all alibaba group...
and indeed shopee pc no english and must register first in Thais before you can change to english on your phone or tablet ,mostly i do my search on the pc (big screen) and after selecting the order into my cart i continue in english on my phone/tablet ... ;)

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 31, 2019, 5:32 pm

kopkei wrote:
July 31, 2019, 2:43 am
some competition for Lazada? as far as i know lazada /shopee /aliexpress = all alibaba group...
and indeed shopee pc no english and must register first in Thais before you can change to english on your phone or tablet ,mostly i do my search on the pc (big screen) and after selecting the order into my cart i continue in english on my phone/tablet ... ;)
I registered for lazada and ali express on my pc in english . Never use a mobile or an app , only pc .
Shopee is just incompetent , lazy or just do not want farang customers . If you look at shopee malaysia get english option on the opening page.

https://shopee.com.my

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 5, 2019, 5:03 pm

Well bought a couple of items from Lazada, received today. Seems to work as before, only difference I saw was their tracking system, before they seemed to show where an item was, now it just says "inbounded at the logistics facility" or "outbounded at the logistics facility", which tells you nothing. Before, I think they said where the facility was located.

But as before they (Kerry) called before delivery, so everything was setup for when there, same as before.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 21, 2019, 11:00 am

Was looking on LAZADA for a smart tv this week and saw a Skyworth LED Smart TV 40 นิ้ว รุ่น 40E200A for 6500 baht .I have a 24' digital one for my pc and it is very good with 3 years warranty I thought 40" good price but then i read it was running android 4.4 ?I read somewhere that google no longer supported 4.4 ?Why would a smart tv in 2019 have a 2013 android version unless it is an old tv ?Also found with a lot of searching most of these smart tv~s in thailand have rubbish processor and as little as 500mb ram ? Looking at web info Also having tried one using the remote , its very difficult
This is what i read on a website
Today’s TVs have improved. Manufacturers are packing more RAM into their devices. Most TVs will ship with at least 4 GB, but some have as much as 6 or 8 GB
Not in thailand they do not . have not found one with more than 1gb . I think better to buy a normal digital tv and a good android tv box with 4gb or more ram . Also cheap phones are suspect .I had a number to put into a phone and it would tell me when it was made and lots of the cheaper phones were up to 3 yrs old so battery not good with very old android systems .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 21, 2019, 3:57 pm

it is not lazada's problem when shops are advertising tv's with old android system ...
and you do have them with recent android , fe this one https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tcl-s ... o&search=1
quad core , 2gb ram 16 gb rom...it is up to the buyer to look the add very good to know it is up to his standards ....
a friend of mine also bought a cheap aconatic android tv , only noticing later it was only android 4.4 and fe netflix wasn't working properly , his own fault not reading the specs good before buying .... ;)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2019, 4:16 pm

40" no name for 6500 Baht. I'd be suspicious

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 22, 2019, 7:26 am

no name for 6500 Baht?? ,skyworth is one of the top 4 manufacturers of china , and they are also made in Thailand ,so no excise tax on these models ....
some extra info https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/16 ... ba-tv-deal
as info ;)

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 22, 2019, 8:25 am

I wish everyone would stop shopping on line .
Then i would not have to navigate around the homicidal monkeys that drive the delivery trucks .!!!!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 22, 2019, 9:07 am

:D ,and i wish everybody would shop online it would not always be so bloody busy in town :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2019, 10:32 am

saint wrote:
August 22, 2019, 8:25 am
Then i would not have to navigate around the homicidal monkeys that drive the delivery trucks .!!!!
At least they're big enough to see coming (and going).

The way I see it, the last 2 or 3 weeks has seen a veritable explosion of pink kamikaze Food Panda bikes shooting all sorts of shrinking gaps in high-speed traffic as they deliver Soi Adulyadet's best duck noodle soup to some lazy bugger in Kutchap.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 22, 2019, 10:37 am

Oh yea , i forgot about those little blighters . It wont be long before pink is the new black !
I think its a government plot to keep us all off the roads and in our homes .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2019, 11:56 am

saint wrote:
August 22, 2019, 10:37 am
Oh yea , i forgot about those little blighters . It wont be long before pink is the new black !
I think its a government plot to keep us all off the roads and in our homes .
Then you may probably subscribe to the social engineering theory where the junta has virtually killed-off the Thai street food vendor and the hole-in-the-wall local restaurant and forced Thailand's upwardly mobile 9-to-5'ers to buy their pre-packaged and processed TV dinners at 7-eleven (with their stacks of microwave ovens inside and big, open, clear parking spaces outside) in order to make the Sino-Thai, Charoen Pokphand's Chearavanont family monolith (Asia's fourth-wealthiest family with a net worth of US$36.6 billion) even richer and more powerful, then maybe you can see where Food Panda that enables the honest, hard-working, kerbside, no-rental purveyor of decent, cheap home-style cooking to reach customers far beyond the nearest 7-eleven will suddenly and mysteriously become illegal.

Is the pub open yet?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 22, 2019, 12:06 pm

saint wrote:
August 22, 2019, 8:25 am
Having them doing the navigating certainly beats the crap out of me having to do the 3hr round trip to Udon, find parking and hoping like hell the vendor Im parked within 100 meters of has the item I want.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 22, 2019, 2:15 pm

kopkei wrote:
August 21, 2019, 3:57 pm
it is not lazada's problem when shops are advertising tv's with old android system ...
and you do have them with recent android , fe this one https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tcl-s ... o&search=1
quad core , 2gb ram 16 gb rom...it is up to the buyer to look the add very good to know it is up to his standards ....
a friend of mine also bought a cheap aconatic android tv , only noticing later it was only android 4.4 and fe netflix wasn't working properly , his own fault not reading the specs good before buying .... ;)
Yes you are right but i am not bothered about me . i just clicked lowest price and this was the lowest but there are lots of people esp thai who have no idea about android .This thread means beware of buying on lazada . It is not the buyers fault if the shop sells something that does not work and i reported it to the shop , lazada and skyworth but of course will do nothing and unfortunate customers will still buy these tv`s . How many of your thai friends know android is out now is android q (10)
As for using Lazada 2 years ago i wanted some 35mm x3mm bolts I drove around udon for 5 hours . Got home , decided to look online and found them on lazada , registered , ordered and delivered in 2 days so after always getting no have i use lazada not because its cheap its because i do not have to drive round the horrible streets of udon for hours looking

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2019, 2:44 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 22, 2019, 2:15 pm
As for using Lazada 2 years ago i wanted some 35mm x3mm bolts I drove around udon for 5 hours . Got home , decided to look online and found them on lazada , registered , ordered and delivered in 2 days so after always getting no have i use lazada not because its cheap its because i do not have to drive round the horrible streets of udon for hours looking
ToolPro is your friend and has been my go-to place for metric and non-metric nuts, bolts and washers for maybe 8 years already... even before lazada was invented.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”