Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: Iran firing Missiles in US Assets in Iraq

Post by Kenr6583 » January 8, 2020, 8:32 am

Doodoo wrote:
January 8, 2020, 8:24 am
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ir ... li=AAggNb9

Is this the start
This is what he wanted, let's see what General Trump does next.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 8, 2020, 9:07 am

Interesting read from "The Saker"

Source: Vineyard of the Saker

https://russia-insider.com/en/russia-wo ... re/ri28134

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 8, 2020, 9:19 am

More people died at the funeral of Soleimani than the air strikes

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 8, 2020, 9:26 am

I'm afraid it's just the beginning though. This is what it has come to, all because Trump is jealous of Obama and has to undo anything and everything that has his signature on it. Don't think this is going to end well for either side.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 8, 2020, 9:26 am

I'm afraid it's just the beginning though. This is what it has come to, all because Trump is jealous of Obama and has to undo anything and everything that has his signature on it. Don't think this is going to end well for either side.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 8, 2020, 9:40 am

Doodoo wrote:
January 8, 2020, 8:24 am
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ir ... li=AAggNb9

Is this the start
You mean if it's the start of posting world news in the wrong bloody forum, then sadly no.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 8, 2020, 10:09 am

HUH???

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 8, 2020, 1:57 pm

Iran won this. They were warned what would happen if they killed Americans. I think Iran knew precisely where those missiles would hit. They killed Trump's plan to take out their oil fields and kill Iran's struggling economy. Trump doesn't have enough justification to retaliate. Maybe Iran is smarter than Trump gave them credit for.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 8, 2020, 2:24 pm

glalt wrote:
January 8, 2020, 1:57 pm
Iran won this. They were warned what would happen if they killed Americans. I think Iran knew precisely where those missiles would hit. They killed Trump's plan to take out their oil fields and kill Iran's struggling economy. Trump doesn't have enough justification to retaliate. Maybe Iran is smarter than Trump gave them credit for.
Yes agree .. IMO

Trump/US killed the general

Iran promised retaliation

This was retaliation on a scale to force Trumps hand .. was it serious enough ? or not ? and if the US do move because of it Iran can condem the Americans more to gain regional and worldwide support for things to come ... very slippery tactics on the Iranians side n they certainly aint daft.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 8, 2020, 3:35 pm

US Coalition Allies Fleeing Iraq As Region Braces For Possible Iran-US War
On January 7th, NATO announced that it was withdrawing a part of its forces from Iraq. A spokesman for the trans-Atlantic military alliance said that “the safety of our personnel is paramount” and that some troops would be moved “both inside and outside of Iraq.” This follows the decision to stop all NATO training missions in Iraq as of January 5th.
Looks like everyone is covering their butt and leaving Iraq.

https://southfront.org/us-coalition-all ... an-us-war/

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » January 8, 2020, 3:57 pm

glalt wrote:
Iran won this. They were warned what would happen if they killed Americans. I think Iran knew precisely where those missiles would hit. They killed Trump's plan to take out their oil fields and kill Iran's struggling economy.
This the first I've read that President Trump had a plan to take out any Iranian oil fields. Source?

A more measured response would be to destroy the single Iranian petroleum refinery. I have read that they have only one. They then would have to import all their petroleum products which would place an additional strain on their weak economy, due to the import cost and the effect of supply shortages.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 8, 2020, 5:14 pm

Political & Military Leadership Is In Deep "DoDo" with Crisis Over Escalation With Iran

'Be careful what you wish for, lest it come true.' and bit you in the ass.

A Ship of Fools

https://southfront.org/u-s-political-mi ... with-iran/

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 8, 2020, 5:23 pm

TJ wrote:
January 8, 2020, 3:57 pm
glalt wrote:
Iran won this. They were warned what would happen if they killed Americans. I think Iran knew precisely where those missiles would hit. They killed Trump's plan to take out their oil fields and kill Iran's struggling economy.
This the first I've read that President Trump had a plan to take out any Iranian oil fields. Source?

A more measured response would be to destroy the single Iranian petroleum refinery. I have read that they have only one. They then would have to import all their petroleum products which would place an additional strain on their weak economy, due to the import cost and the effect of supply shortages.
Do I need a source? This is my opinion and logically destroying their main source of income would cause their economy to further crumble. I'm sure I'm not the only one who recognizes this without causing a great number of deaths.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » January 8, 2020, 6:07 pm

The Best note in the so called News was that the Pentagon people left work at 5PM and the unannounced
Iranian missile attack happened around 5:30 +-

Then because of a Snow Storm could not get back to work. Says Alot! Ship of Fools!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 8, 2020, 7:52 pm

glalt wrote:
January 8, 2020, 5:23 pm
TJ wrote:
January 8, 2020, 3:57 pm
glalt wrote:

Do I need a source? This is my opinion and logically destroying their main source of income would cause their economy to further crumble. I'm sure I'm not the only one who recognizes this without causing a great number of deaths.
Spiking world oil prices would put a dent in the US economy also. Not a smart move if you want to get reelected.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 8, 2020, 8:22 pm

Newt
The USA isnt doing too bad when it comes to oil and its products

"The recent increase in domestic oil production, especially since 2010, has had a significant impact on U.S. petroleum imports and exports. From 2005 to 2015, the United States’ reliance on petroleum imports fell from 60% to 25% of total consumption,6 while exports increased by over 300%.3 Since 2015, imports have remained fairly steady at approximately 10 million barrels per day, but exports have continued to increase, from 4.7 million barrels per day in 2015 to 7.6 million barrels per day in early-mid-2018. The Energy Information Administration projects that U.S. import reliance for oil will continue to fall over the coming decade"
So any increase in the world price really wont affect the economy of the USA, unless you have other factors to present

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 8, 2020, 8:24 pm

"Spiking world oil prices would put a dent in the US economy also. Not a smart move if you want to get reelected."

Also I would say the Golden Boy has a lot more issues to worry about than oil going up in price and his Reelection chances

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 8, 2020, 10:09 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 8, 2020, 8:24 pm
"Spiking world oil prices would put a dent in the US economy also. Not a smart move if you want to get reelected."

Also I would say the Golden Boy has a lot more issues to worry about than oil going up in price and his Reelection chances
Actually, probably not. If by "Spiking" you are suggesting the world oil price per Barrel might go up, (argueably because of uncertainty about supply), then more likely this would benefit the US economy in the short term. I believe the US is a net exporter these days, only importing around 11% of what it does use for daily consumption.

And at the same time only imports around 11% of its crude oil needs from the KSA these days. A significant percentage of what the US imports for its daily consumption, comes from Canada

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on January 9, 2020, 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 9, 2020, 3:04 am

So let me get this straight, Trump has and Iranian General killed because apparently his people stormed the embassy in which no one was harmed, but he backs down from going after Iran after they shoot missiles at two bases in Iraq where the US military was housing because no Americans were harmed. How in the hell does that make sense?

Return to “World News”