Chuchi
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand shooting

Post by Chuchi » February 8, 2020, 8:16 pm

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » February 8, 2020, 8:17 pm

Nothing new here....just another little man looking for his 10 minutes of fame! Authorities suspect he went on this rampage because his superior officer refused to co-sign for a loan for him. Poor little feller lost his precious face and couldn't handle it.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 8, 2020, 8:23 pm

This is on going , guy still in Ternimal 21 SC in central Korat ... reports saying now 20 dead .. very sad indeed

SFG .. Nothing new ????? ..ive been here 20 plus years , yes bombs n stuff in the South Military coups in Bkk but never had a mass shooting to my knowledge.

RIP to all the innocent people in the wrong place at hte wrong time .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » February 8, 2020, 8:33 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 8, 2020, 8:23 pm
This is on going , guy still in Ternimal 21 SC in central Korat ... reports saying now 20 dead .. very sad indeed

SFG .. Nothing new ????? ..ive been here 20 plus years , yes bombs n stuff in the South Military coups in Bkk but never had a mass shooting to my knowledge.

DM
You're right DM...it is a big deal! I only meant to imply that it's just another little man with a bruised ego. There will be another one tomorrow and the next day after that...just a different set of circumstances with different players.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 8, 2020, 9:19 pm

Word is he's holed up in T21 in a restaurant on the 4th floor. He's pretty heavily armed, including grenades. Military bases have lots of inventory. There's a curfew in Korat tonight.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » February 8, 2020, 10:44 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
February 8, 2020, 8:33 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
You're right DM...it is a big deal! I only meant to imply that it's just another little man with a bruised ego. There will be another one tomorrow and the next day after that...just a different set of circumstances with different players.
Still not wording it correctly - I hope anyway it's just lost in your transaction RIP all the poor souls caught up in this.

DM correct never seen this in Thailand before and it's a real shock to nationals and expats alike

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » February 9, 2020, 5:28 am

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 9, 2020, 6:56 am

dunroaming wrote:
February 8, 2020, 10:44 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
February 8, 2020, 8:33 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Still not wording it correctly - I hope anyway it's just lost in your transaction RIP all the poor souls caught up in this.

DM correct never seen this in Thailand before and it's a real shock to nationals and expats alike
Unfortunately that's just the attitude of some people here in the States. As far as Thailand goes, I read the Bangkok Post from here and never heard of such a thing happening either. The worst thing I heard happen, with the exception of political fallouts, I had read an article a few years back where a lady cut off her boyfriends/husbands manhood and threw it out the car window. It is sad to hear of such a terrible thing happening in LOS. Hopefully it will be an isolated incident.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » February 9, 2020, 7:31 am

I was not going to respond when I started reading this thread but I feel compelled to say something. I fell in love with Thailand and the Thai culture 47 years ago. I married one of them 47 years ago. I have had my days of ranting also but by the end of the day, I calm down and then I am OK. This is something new for the Thai people and the Thai culture that I know. My heart goes out to the people who have lost their love ones.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 9, 2020, 7:42 am

Latest is at least 21 dead and 33 injured.
As well as the army base and Terminal 21 he is believed to have also attacked a Buddhist temple and shot at people at random from his vehicle.
Absolutely shocking....RIP to all the victims.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 9, 2020, 8:07 am

So sad. Hope it ends soon with no more injuries or deaths.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 9, 2020, 8:48 am

Sad affair and RIP to the deceased and hope the injured get better, what seems to be as some say a bruised ego, loss of face. Poor sad little man following the PMs edict Thainess rules OK ! Really sad.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » February 9, 2020, 8:54 am

As best I can understand, the killer is holed up in the 4th floor food court, so he has access to food and water that will last him for days on end. Plus, he has 16 hostages, grenades and an assortment of weapons including an M-60 machine gun which makes him virtually impossible to access without further bloodshed. The only hope for early closure will be for him to "off" himself. I believe this ordeal will go on for several days unless they can get his mother to coax him out by video call. A tragic situation indeed!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 9, 2020, 9:07 am

I just read that he was held up in a basement with no hostages. That was about 2 hours ago according to the article I read.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 9, 2020, 9:21 am

Latest from the Bangkok Post puts the death toll at 25...gunman remains at large.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » February 9, 2020, 9:31 am

TV news is reporting that the police have killed the shooter. This at 09:30 AM Sunday.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » February 9, 2020, 9:42 am

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 9, 2020, 9:52 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 9, 2020, 8:48 am
Sad affair and RIP to the deceased and hope the injured get better, what seems to be as some say a bruised ego, loss of face. Poor sad little man following the PMs edict Thainess rules OK ! Really sad.
What does this gibberish even mean? :confused:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 9, 2020, 10:27 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 9, 2020, 8:48 am
Standard excellent analysis Khun Paul, and, as usual, I have no idea what you mean. You seem to be saying this tragedy can be attributed to Thai culture, or to orders from the Prime Minister or something. You might want to think again using a little wisdom.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Thailand News”