It's really BAD air in Udon-Thani today...

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: It's really BAD air in Udon-Thani today...

Post by DuiDui49 » March 14, 2020, 9:44 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
March 10, 2020, 8:01 am
Ban Dong Ling..this morning..184...Not good at all.
Morning folks !

What's up whith this place,this morning a wopping

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 14, 2020, 11:16 am

likely a high air pressure 1012 at 11:14 today, low winds around 5kph and naturally probably cane fields still burning.. The previous focus on high AQI has completely gone by the wayside in the stamped to cover the COVID-19 potential outbreaks.. Just pray that the predictions of rain next week give us another 50-70mm of rainfall over a couple of days..
Dave

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 14, 2020, 3:34 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
March 14, 2020, 9:44 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
March 10, 2020, 8:01 am
Ban Dong Ling..this morning..184...Not good at all.
Morning folks !

What's up whith this place,this morning a wopping
Why, just why do you shermans continue to use measurement systems that are totally out of sync with the rest of the world. Everyone understands "0 oC", (******* cold), 37 oC, (******* hot). You managed it with your money system but still use antiquated systems of measurements for everything apart from bullets and shells. How many 'cups' of propellent are in a 120mm HE shell. Come on America join the human race.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 18, 2020, 8:35 pm

2030 hours and AQI on Air Visual for Udon Thani showing 157.. Outside my house I can see the smoke haze in the air and smell the stench of burning.. All with government bans of field burning and threats of fines.. I hope the application of various edicts on the COVID-19 virus infections are implemented more seriously than the fire bans.
Dave

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » March 19, 2020, 6:42 am

What does it mean when someone who as spent considerable time in Thailand has never noticed anything bad about the air in Thailand? I never give it a second thought though I have read may posts raising some concern about Thai air. So I just assume that many people suffer from allergies, respiratory ailments or other which I do not share. That is why they worry and complain.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 19, 2020, 7:19 am

TJ wrote:
March 19, 2020, 6:42 am
What does it mean when someone who as spent considerable time in Thailand has never noticed anything bad about the air in Thailand? I never give it a second thought though I have read may posts raising some concern about Thai air. So I just assume that many people suffer from allergies, respiratory ailments or other which I do not share. That is why they worry and complain.
Same here. Never give it a second thought. Must be lucky I guess. There again, I'm not in the centre of town where the air monitoring equipment is.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 19, 2020, 8:10 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
March 18, 2020, 8:35 pm
2030 hours and AQI on Air Visual for Udon Thani showing 157.. Outside my house I can see the smoke haze in the air and smell the stench of burning.. All with government bans of field burning and threats of fines.. I hope the application of various edicts on the COVID-19 virus infections are implemented more seriously than the fire bans.
Bans on burning crop burning has been totally pathetic waste of time even issuing the ban notice ..never enforced and very few have taken any notice at all.. i travel a lot at night and see fields mainly sugar cane on fire all over Isaan. This practice is terrible for the environment , health of residents and my freshly hung washing.
Im guessing some farmers in the real bannork rural locations maybe dont even know theres a ban as burning has been done throughout the generations of farming in the area and possibly a poor education and lack of environmental ideals (mai mee ben har) attitude so just carry on ..so what if an official turns up just plead poverty a back hander he they will go away.
Buring is easy to stop .. an official based at the mills and processing yards refusing burnt cane , its that easy but rich mill owners and dodgy truck drivers would just pay em off to look the other way .. another reason cane is burnt and transported dangerously during the night .

rant over .. im trying not to be negative but apparently is bad for us middle aged folks to be grumpy . :lol:
Galee wrote:
March 19, 2020, 7:19 am
TJ wrote:
March 19, 2020, 6:42 am
Same here. Never give it a second thought. Must be lucky I guess. There again, I'm not in the centre of town where the air monitoring equipment is.

Agree also i dont suffer from or notice the bad air only the after effects of burning . There is a definate haze this morning looking from my office to the airport.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 19, 2020, 9:05 am

Please,someone tell me something positive this Junta PM has done to make life easyer for the poor and middleclass.Not even the Tessaban/Tessakit workers are doing much if anything at all.I've been here fulltime for now soon 19 years and still noting is done,or VERY little to Education,Policeforce to name two areas of importancy.Not to mention Free Speach..

Burning sugarcanefields,don't think so..Implemeting law,traficlaws,don't think so..Okey,morning rant over,here in Non Sa-At this morning...Bad air..130..Udon-Thani..157.. ;)

:D Have a good day everyone.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 19, 2020, 9:05 am

Please,someone tell me something positive this Junta PM has done to make life easyer for the poor and middleclass.Not even the Tessaban/Tessakit workers are doing much,if anything at all.I've been here fulltime for now soon 19 years and still noting is done,or VERY little to Education,Policeforce to name two areas of importancy.Not to mention Free Speach..

Burning sugarcanefields,don't think so..Implemeting law,traficlaws,don't think so..Okey,morning rant over,here in Non Sa-At this morning...Bad air..130..Udon-Thani..157.. ;)

:D Have a good day everyone.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 19, 2020, 9:27 am

Remember the days when we didnt have air monitoring?
Happier,I certainly think so, didnt know about it and didnt care
I think that we were happier with far less technology around us, and less Media etc. I for instance had at my beck and call one maybe 2 television channels and one radio channel that to rely on. Didnt ever hear about Cholesterol, ADHD, Allergies (Peanuts, Balloons, etc)

I certainly was alot happier

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 20, 2020, 7:41 am

Lucky i don't live HERE:

Thhis morning....Sob Ruak Doi Sa Ngo - Chiang Rai 437.

Near my hometown:https://www.airvisual.com/sweden/norrbottens-lan/lulea

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 20, 2020, 12:37 pm

My gym is closed, now I am forced to walk/run outside. I do wear a mask for what it's worth.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 20, 2020, 1:41 pm

So you are saying the air inside the gym is better than outside???

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 29, 2020, 9:32 am

WT absolute F?? Cumulative AQI right now 0930AM 29 March is 192!!!!! :confused: I'll just take it as the field burners are having a field day torching stuff while the authorities are totally focused on COVID-19!!
Dave

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 2, 2020, 11:22 am

Morning folks..todays rant from me....Air in Thung Chang (Nan Province)set a record high this morning 555 Glad i'm not living there...but poor people 555

Here in Non Sa-At,not to bad 97...Have a great day everyone...:-)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 2, 2020, 12:09 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:Morning folks..todays rant from me....Air in Thung Chang (Nan Province)set a record high this morning 555 Glad i'm not living there...but poor people 555

Here in Non Sa-At,not to bad 97...Have a great day everyone...:-)
Maybe it’s low because it rained overnight.
Always good for settling the dust and other air pollutants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » April 2, 2020, 12:13 pm

Still high smog
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Master Builder

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » April 2, 2020, 3:34 pm

AussieBoy wrote:
April 2, 2020, 12:13 pm
Still high smog
It's not actually Smog - it's Pollution in the air
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 24, 2020, 9:05 am

First decent AQI day in months. Let's hope we have a few more days like this (mama said).

Return to “Health & Beauty”