Emergency decree on its way

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Emergency decree on its way

Post by vincemunday » March 24, 2020, 3:13 pm

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Emergency decree on its way

Post by vincemunday » March 24, 2020, 3:17 pm

An important extract from the Prime Ministers speech

"During the state of emergency, Gen Prayut warned, people must be careful what they post on social media. Those who abuse social media would be arrested and prosecuted, he said."
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 24, 2020, 3:21 pm

Wait

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » March 24, 2020, 3:22 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 24, 2020, 3:17 pm

"During the state of emergency, Gen Prayut warned, people must be careful what they post on social media. Those who abuse social media would be arrested and prosecuted, he said."
Hint, hint to certain people here.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 24, 2020, 3:29 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
March 24, 2020, 3:22 pm
vincemunday wrote:

It's imperative we have this forum open while this virus is so dangerous, we need to be able to communicate, what we don't need is the usual arrogant twonks spouting their mouths off and getting it closed down.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 24, 2020, 3:39 pm

Arrogant twonk (Twonk is essentially just a Twink (a scrony prepubescent looking gay man) but lacking the slenderness most commonly associated with twinks, essentially a twonk is just a fat or “husky” twink)

Damn Vince Best watch who you are calling out here Could turn into a slugfest

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 24, 2020, 3:45 pm

A twonk is a slang word used instead of "fool" and I'm not "calling" anyone out and its most unlikely the people I am referring to think it's them.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » March 24, 2020, 3:54 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 24, 2020, 3:29 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
March 24, 2020, 3:22 pm
vincemunday wrote:

It's imperative we have this forum open while this virus is so dangerous, we need to be able to communicate, what we don't need is the usual arrogant twonks spouting their mouths off and getting it closed down.
You can be sure, if it does get closed down, it will be for what they deem irresponsible use of social media ie. unconfirmed rumors. You've quoted it and it's going on here. Only a twonk would think anything else gets this forum knocked offline.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 25, 2020, 8:27 am

Well i for one could not be more excited .
Finally i can see some sense coming from the Thai leadership .
Checkpoints on main highways a good thing , a little late maybe, as i saw scores of pickups with BKK plates loaded to the gunnels with personal effects returning home yesturday .
But finally the P M is going to take the bull by the horns and sort this mess out .
Our prayers have been answered .
I feel safer already , less anxious , and will certainly sleep better tonight , knowing we have nothing to worry about as long as we do what we are told .
I hope he gets his hour T V show back on a friday night , so the population will be fully informed , and in awe when he tells us how he is dealing with this crisis and that hes going to get it fixed . 8-[ 8-[

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 25, 2020, 8:33 am

saint wrote:
March 25, 2020, 8:27 am
Checkpoints on main highways a good thing , a little late maybe, as i saw scores of pickups with BKK plates loaded to the gunnels with personal effects returning home yesturday .
But finally the P M is going to take the bull by the horns and sort this mess out .
I feel safer already , less anxious , and will certainly sleep better tonight , knowing we have nothing to worry about as long as we do what we are told .
I hope he gets his hour T V show back on a friday night , so the population will be fully informed , and in awe when he tells us how he is dealing with this crisis and that hes going to get it fixed . 8-[ 8-[
I have to agree, it’s good to see something being done, whether it’s too late remains to be seen but providing people adhere to the rules it should at the very least help. Definitely feeling a bit more positive.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 25, 2020, 8:35 am

Last shopping day for me today, getting supplies for the parents both in their 80's. .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 25, 2020, 8:47 am

vincemunday wrote:
March 25, 2020, 8:33 am
saint wrote:
I have to agree, it’s good to see something being done, whether it’s too late remains to be seen but providing people adhere to the rules it should at the very least help. Definitely feeling a bit more positive.
Really Vincent , Have you not heard of sarcasm ? =;

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 25, 2020, 10:21 am

I am hoping for a decisive decree
Papa will not be impress if his being watched by the tv is interrupted by the 6pm to the nation speeches

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 25, 2020, 10:47 am

saint wrote:
March 25, 2020, 8:47 am
vincemunday wrote:
March 25, 2020, 8:33 am
saint wrote:
Really Vincent , Have you not heard of sarcasm ? =;
Judging by the fudging of the response so far , any cutting down of gatherings would help, not that I see any of that happening where I live so far, sad really nice people led by what appears to be slightly incompetent people , like asking for all to attend to get a rebate, when it could be attached to the next bill or Foreigners being asked to report to Immigration where a blanket automatic 30 extension could be granted , ( now it is computerised ) if required .

No still demanding people do things that are totally un-necessary, so logical thought will probably not happen just the normal knee jerk reaction we have come to love and understand here.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 25, 2020, 10:54 am

It is like a school day in the villages
not alot of kids about
just the ones who would play hookie anyway

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2020, 10:58 am

I am sure the PM will appreciate the need to gain greater control for the good of the Thai people and unite us all to get behind the government 100%. Unnecessary push back or criticism on any decisions of the state will of course be unhelpful, offenders should not be surprised about any arrests.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 25, 2020, 11:02 am

Whistler wrote:
March 25, 2020, 10:58 am
I am sure the PM will appreciate the need to gain greater control for the good of the Thai people and unite us all to get behind the government 100%. Unnecessary push back or criticism on any decisions of the state will of course be unhelpful, offenders should not be surprised about any arrests.
Agree something has to be done, currently most ignoring advice locally

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » March 25, 2020, 11:13 am

saint wrote:
;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 25, 2020, 9:32 pm

So emergency decree starts midnight today .. with anouncements tomorrow as too what.is involved both mandatory law and requested compliance.

Pretty much certain there will.be a night time curfew in the mix as well as restricted travel .

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » March 25, 2020, 9:34 pm

As part of the decree Looks like all foreigners will be band from entering Thailand, but all the virus carrying Thais coming back from Korea etc. will be allowed in.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... foreigners

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”