Alcohol sales ban!

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by vincemunday » May 1, 2020, 10:53 am

I’m sure they do care, it’s very difficult to control people who just won’t listen or abide by the law. We know a traffic cop here in Udon and he’s even sought advice from police in the U.K. the problem is he doesn’t have the laws here yet to enforce things how he’d like to, they definitely 100% know that it’s a huge problem. Should they bring in the points system which is something they’re considering it might make a difference, the problem here is of course that people will still drive with no insurance and no license.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 1, 2020, 10:56 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 1, 2020, 10:32 am
I read what DM stated reference control but we are forgetting the other aspect relating to Alcohol Ban, there are less Vehicular accidents which in turn results in LESS Medical staff being used outside Hospitals to deal with the injured or even the dead, less time spent by the Police Investigating these accidents ( if that is what you call what they do investigation ) , less of everything traumatic , I am sure if you did the stats you will find maybe less income through Booze sales but not so much needed as less Drunk Drivers or other problems relating to drink .Maybe their eyes have been opened as to the damage drink does to the economy. Just a thought.
And it might not be because of less traffic on the roads due to nearly everything being closed down, no one driving to work etc, or maybe young Somchai does not have the money to pay the fines for racing his souped up bike through the soi's. No doubt that alcohol (or lack of it) is a contributing factor but that cannot make up for the lack of driving skills or connected brain cells that play a large part in the cause of accidents here.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 1, 2020, 11:00 am

vincemunday wrote:
May 1, 2020, 10:53 am
I’m sure they do care, it’s very difficult to control people who just won’t listen or abide by the law. We know a traffic cop here in Udon and he’s even sought advice from police in the U.K. the problem is he doesn’t have the laws here yet to enforce things how he’d like to, they definitely 100% know that it’s a huge problem. Should they bring in the points system which is something they’re considering it might make a difference, the problem here is of course that people will still drive with no insurance and no license.
Who cares?? Not the majority of people in this country. Most people here are uneducated and irresponsible.

P.S.
People that don't listen and abide by the law sounds like you are describing 'uncivilized savages'.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 1, 2020, 11:09 am

I certainly wouldn’t consider or talk about Thai people in the same manner as some seem to, unfortunately education here costs money and it might have escaped one or two people’s attentions that it’s some family’s daily goal to earn enough to eat, when you’re that poor a degree in physics probably doesn’t matter that much. However, I’ll go with irresponsible, drinking and driving, driving recklessly, no crash helmets, no license, no insurance etc how could I disagree?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Post by tammakhun » May 1, 2020, 11:18 am

vincemunday wrote:
May 1, 2020, 7:23 am
they don’t seem to be concentrating on is groups of people all dipping into the same bowls of food with their spoons
Actually, they are addressing this. They have created multiple government funded commercials trying to encourage people to use their own spoon because of covid. Each is lame but attempt to be funny and is Thai humor. There is also published infographics and has been mentioned many times in Dr Taweesin regular videos. There is a big push on trying to get people to change eating habits. Not that all are listening, but it for sure has been addressed as part of the push for social distancing.
Last edited by tammakhun on May 1, 2020, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 1, 2020, 11:23 am

tammakhun wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:18 am
vincemunday wrote:
they don’t seem to be concentrating on is groups of people all dipping into the same bowls of food with their spoons
Actually they are are addressing this. They have created multiple (lame but attempt to be funny and is Thai humor) commericals trying to encourage people to use their own spoon because of covid.
Why would you have to teach people 'common sense' ?? How were these people raised?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2020, 11:26 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:23 am
tammakhun wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:18 am
vincemunday wrote:
Actually they are are addressing this. They have created multiple (lame but attempt to be funny and is Thai humor) commericals trying to encourage people to use their own spoon because of covid.
Why would you have to teach people 'common sense' ?? How were these people raised?
Farang common sense not same-same Thai common sense.

Farang loo-mahk.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 1, 2020, 11:27 am

Thai no have common sense???

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 1, 2020, 11:32 am

minimiglia wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:27 am
Thai no have "common" sense???
but have very good "Hi So" sense

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 1, 2020, 11:34 am

What are they taught in the Temples? To be an irresponsible adult?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2020, 11:37 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 1, 2020, 10:32 am
I read what DM stated reference control but we are forgetting the other aspect relating to Alcohol Ban, there are less Vehicular accidents which in turn results in LESS Medical staff being used outside Hospitals to deal with the injured or even the dead, less time spent by the Police Investigating these accidents ( if that is what you call what they do investigation ) , less of everything traumatic , I am sure if you did the stats you will find maybe less income through Booze sales but not so much needed as less Drunk Drivers or other problems relating to drink .Maybe their eyes have been opened as to the damage drink does to the economy. Just a thought.
I haven't seen any recent official stats or even comments that suggest that highway mayhem has been reduced. Doesn't mean there hasn't been so always interested to see a citation of such. I mean it is a logical assumption along with Songkran being canceled that less people died but since when has farang logic logic applied in Thailand? When it comes to the greater percentage of road traffic accidents in Thailand, the police are invisible and it's the foundation body snatchers that are directing traffic, scooping up the bits and smiling at the camera, no? Investigations?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2020, 11:38 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:34 am
What are they taught in the Temples? To be an irresponsible adult?
Magic numbers?

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Post by tammakhun » May 1, 2020, 11:44 am

tamada wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:37 am
I haven't seen any recent official stats or even comments that suggest that highway mayhem has been reduced. Doesn't mean there hasn't been so always interested to see a citation of such.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 1, 2020, 11:56 am

Just returned from Big C in Ban Dung.

Alcohol section is still tied off, and the guy I spoke to said it will stay that way until the end of this month.

He kindly suggested I try the Mom & Pop places. :D

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2020, 12:01 pm

tammakhun wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:44 am
tamada wrote:
May 1, 2020, 11:37 am
I haven't seen any recent official stats or even comments that suggest that highway mayhem has been reduced. Doesn't mean there hasn't been so always interested to see a citation of such.
Nice, new website, thanks. Unfortunately, the Songkran 7-days of death stats for this year aren't available yet. However, a nice project moving forward.

http://www.thairsc.com/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 1, 2020, 12:05 pm

Well hasn't this turned into a big, fat "bash the Thais" thread.

tammakhun
udonmap.com

Post by tammakhun » May 1, 2020, 12:20 pm

tamada wrote:
May 1, 2020, 12:01 pm
Unfortunately, the Songkran 7-days of death stats for this year aren't available yet. However, a nice project moving forward.
For 10-16 April 2020

Road accidents down to 1,307 - from 3,338 cases in 2019 (-60.84%)
Road deaths down to 167 - from 386 cases in 2019 (-56.74%)

Source: According to the Ministry of Interior’s Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM)

Ref: https://www.thaienquirer.com/12085/less ... -lockdown/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2020, 12:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 1, 2020, 12:05 pm
Twood appear so Jack .. dont tell me you expected any different .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 1, 2020, 12:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:
The government of Thailand has no faith in its citizens to be law abiding, or act responsibly (civilized).

So it is what it is.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 1, 2020, 12:36 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 1, 2020, 12:21 pm
jackspratt wrote:
Twood appear so Jack .. dont tell me you expected any different .
We can all live in hope, Jon.

After all, it's not just Thais who are throwing their girlfriends off balconies, or bashing and stabbing them with pool cues.

Sounds pretty irresponsible for supposedly civilised people. :-k

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”