will go shopping tomorrow and buy a lot more than usual
cause I dont trust them not to be willy nilly with their alcohol ban

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by AlexO » May 2, 2020, 9:51 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 2, 2020, 8:28 am
Sorry Papa farang, if that happens, it will prove beyond doubt that THIS NATION together with most of the Expat community are raving Alcoholics .
Nope just pragmatists who understand that the UNPREDICTABLES who purport to run this Country for peace and happiness might do another U turn.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 2, 2020, 9:54 am

If you haven’t been getting a supply of beer your not trying hard enough.
My missus has a large type wholesale supplier for her shop and he even delivers.
But this last week he was running out of stock because the breweries and their wholesalers could not buy.
All the mum and dad shops are in a similar place run out of stock. This short lifting of the ban will let them fill their back rooms with beer. So don’t panic.
Expect to see the pickups loaded to the gunnels delivering to a shop near you. Go and out your pre order in today.
Because stocks were nearly empty our supplier was charging 680 per box of chang up from about 600.
Supply and demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 2, 2020, 9:58 am

My wife being little village boss
local ma and pa would not sell to me
Not that carry a lot of stock anyway

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 2, 2020, 10:03 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 2, 2020, 9:13 am
Khun Paul wrote:
May 2, 2020, 8:28 am
Sorry Papa farang, if that happens, it will prove beyond doubt that THIS NATION together with most of the Expat community are raving Alcoholics .
This NATION, what's your point, any NATION would act the same way. Alcoholism is WORLDWIDE.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, flawed though it is.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 2, 2020, 10:38 am

Alcohol ban to be lifted on Sunday — with limits

From The Bangkok Post

Ban 1.jpg
Sales of alcoholic beverages will be allowed again starting from Sunday. (Bangkok Post photo)

Sales of alcoholic beverages will be allowed again from Sunday but people will only be able to drink at home and not in restaurants when they reopen, the government said on Friday.

The announcement was published in the Royal Gazette as part of the easing of some of the stringent measures imposed in the battle against the coronavirus.

The decision represents an about-face by the government, which said earlier this week that the alcohol ban would remain in effect until May 31 after it renewed the emergency decree for another month. Restaurants will not be allowed to serve alcohol as part of the condition for their reopening from tomorrow. Pubs and other entertainment venues where alcohol is served will stay closed.

"The government does not want people to group together as it risks the spread of Covid-19," Somsak Rungsita, secretary-general of the National Security Council, told the media.

The lifting of the alcohol sales ban follows the easing of other lockdown measures. The government had initially banned the sale of liquor from April 10-20, only to extend it further.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said allowing the sale of alcohol reflected a "general relaxation" for the whole country.

"But Bangkok and some provinces can extend the ban if they think [lifting it] will do more harm than good," he said.

Ban 2.jpg
Snips and tips: Health officials give hairdressers instructions on how to prevent Covid-19 transmission as their salons prepare to reopen tomorrow. (Photo by Nutthawat Wicheanbut)

Meanwhile, authorities are drafting guidelines for six businesses and activities allowed to resume from tomorrow as the lockdown measures ease, said Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration spokesman.

A "collective standard" is needed to guide business operators, he said.

The new guidelines will be ready by tomorrow.

The collective standards will centre on three practices: businesses and activities must be done in areas with good air circulation; social distancing must be in place; and minimum contact between people is required.

For businesses involving close interactions like hair salons, Dr Taweesilp said the guidelines will help limit contact.

Apart from salons, markets and street vendors, food shops outside shopping malls, telecommunication service shops and non-team sports facilities will also be allowed to reopen.

The Health Department has already given salons and barbers a set of guidelines, including temperature checks, proper equipment sanitisation methods and distance maintenance of 1.5-2 metres between clients.

But Somsak Chalachol, chairman of the Professional Thai Hairdresser Association, asked for some flexibility.

"Some salons in the lowest D-grade category may not follow all the instructions because they are too small to adopt social distancing. This will hurt many operators as most are classified in this group," he said.

Courtesy of The Bangkok Post
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... axZimLTONY

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 2, 2020, 11:05 am

Barney wrote:
May 2, 2020, 9:54 am
If you haven’t been getting a supply of beer your not trying hard enough.
My missus has a large type wholesale supplier for her shop and he even delivers.
But this last week he was running out of stock because the breweries and their wholesalers could not buy.
All the mum and dad shops are in a similar place run out of stock. This short lifting of the ban will let them fill their back rooms with beer. So don’t panic.
Expect to see the pickups loaded to the gunnels delivering to a shop near you. Go and out your pre order in today.
Because stocks were nearly empty our supplier was charging 680 per box of chang up from about 600.
Supply and demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, TW has been a trooper going up to 6 villages away to keep me supplied with beer through all this BS. OK I did pay 680 Baht for a box of Leo (normally pay 600, Chang 585) earlier in the week but that was to be expected!

One thing for sure and certain, these morons will NEVER catch me out again. I have cleaned out a secure area and fully intend to maintain at least a one month buffer permanently!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 2, 2020, 11:37 am

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

kris
udonmap.com

Post by kris » May 2, 2020, 1:11 pm

thrown a bone

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 2, 2020, 1:14 pm

This is going to be awkward ,apparently your not allowed to drink with mates , so sitting in a room alone drinking ? Or are your mates allowed to pop around and watch you drink ? Or can your mates bring their own ? Or do you use that zom thing and have a internet party ? Or do you get pissed alone and rock the Milan music while telling your neighbors to fug off. . Yep chaos will ensue
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 2, 2020, 1:34 pm

i stopped drinking beer because i was getting tired of the low quality of the beers here , and imported beer prices are outside my budget ,(i do indulge myself in to some belgian dark leffe @125-130 baht sometimes ), so i regularly drink a hongtong/coke or a thee/rhum ,the ban on booze is completely ridiculous and is another loophole for this government to attack alcohol users , and also increasing corruption as during the ban sales were made at inflated prices , fe hongtong 320 baht / normally 235 baht, according to my pienongs lao kaaw available at will @ 200 baht/bottle iso 100 baht....all these measurements only hurting the poor (less fortunate) , nothing will ever change here , anyway tomorrow booze ban lift and my first buy will be a box of hongtong for the stockroom to avoid any discomfort in the future when they start acting idiot again ...remember...drink moderate ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 2, 2020, 1:39 pm

kopkei wrote:
May 2, 2020, 1:34 pm
i stopped drinking beer because i was getting tired of the low quality of the beers here , and imported beer prices are outside my budget ,(i do indulge myself in to some belgian dark leffe @125-130 baht sometimes ), so i regularly drink a hongtong/coke or a thee/rhum ,the ban on booze is completely ridiculous and is another loophole for this government to attack alcohol users , and also increasing corruption as during the ban sales were made at inflated prices , fe hongtong 320 baht / normally 235 baht, according to my pienongs lao kaaw available at will @ 200 baht/bottle iso 100 baht....all these measurements only hurting the poor (less fortunate) , nothing will ever change here , anyway tomorrow booze ban lift and my first buy will be a box of hongtong for the stockroom to avoid any discomfort in the future when they start acting idiot again ...remember...drink moderate ;)
Good post Kopkei ..it appears the government earlier statement to clamp down on hoarders and price gougers should be taken with a pinch of salt as it looks like all LOCAL beer cases and spirits Hong Tong and my tipple Regency will be costing us more when places crack on tomorrow .. Chang up 100 bt case 590 t0 690 and much the same with all others .. im guessing theres nothing the government can or will do to check why the price increases ..

Even Dick Turpin Bettys older brother wore a mask !!!!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 2, 2020, 1:40 pm

Some on another forum claiming the announcement to ban for another month was a 'squeeze' on the two families that monopolise alcohol production, a figure of 700,000,000 bhat mentioned.

We of course realise this could not possible be true, the government is only looking after the interests of the people.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 2, 2020, 1:46 pm

Just listened to the government information , apparently the ban has been lifted but it's still up to governor's if they want to lift it or continue with the ban ,so clear as mud still. So do we now have to wait for udon governor to say yes or no ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 2, 2020, 1:55 pm

I did a prerun and stopped at my local shop and they said in Udon for sure tomorrow morning we are a GO (so far, maybe, we will see, who knows .....)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 2, 2020, 2:26 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 2, 2020, 1:46 pm
Just listened to the government information , apparently the ban has been lifted but it's still up to governor's if they want to lift it or continue with the ban ,so clear as mud still. So do we now have to wait for udon governor to say yes or no ?
Correct Dean ... It appears the booze ban is down to the provincial governors .. Sa Kaeo top man has confirmed the ban will be NOT lifted in his province and will run until 31 st May

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/02/s ... s-measure/

BOO BOO :?

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 2, 2020, 2:51 pm

Bet hes a popular guy !! or playing it cagey to get a direct brewery bung ??

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 2, 2020, 4:12 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 2, 2020, 2:51 pm
Bet hes a popular guy !! or playing it cagey to get a direct brewery bung ??
TIT as they say

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » May 2, 2020, 6:05 pm

Visited 4 shops and a wholesaler in Kutchap today, they’re all under the understanding that the ban has been lifted for tomorrow (Sunday) only.....

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 2, 2020, 6:08 pm

AH SUNDAY ONLY?????? you say
Some others are under the impression IT IS FROM SUNDAY, onwards. Again Clear as Mud Welcome to Thailand

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”