CDC just came out with a New Report

RLTrader
udonmap.com

CDC just came out with a New Report

Post by RLTrader » May 31, 2020, 8:43 am

The CDC just came out with a report that should be earth-shattering to the narrative of the political class, yet it will go into the thick pile of vital data and information about the virus that is not getting out to the public.

For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26 percent.

Officials estimate a 0.4 percent fatality rate among those who are symptomatic and project a 35 percent rate of asymptomatic cases among those infected, which drops the overall infection fatality rate (IFR) to just 0.26 percent — almost exactly where Stanford researchers pegged it a month ago.

Most people are more likely to wind up six feet under because of almost anything else under the sun other than COVID-19.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... arios.html

cjd01
udonmap.com

Re: CDC just came out with a New Report

Post by cjd01 » May 31, 2020, 8:48 am

RLTrader wrote:
May 31, 2020, 8:43 am
The CDC just came out with a report that should be earth-shattering to the narrative of the political class, yet it will go into the thick pile of vital data and information about the virus that is not getting out to the public.

For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26 percent.

Officials estimate a 0.4 percent fatality rate among those who are symptomatic and project a 35 percent rate of asymptomatic cases among those infected, which drops the overall infection fatality rate (IFR) to just 0.26 percent — almost exactly where Stanford researchers pegged it a month ago.

Most people are more likely to wind up six feet under because of almost anything else under the sun other than COVID-19.

3 2 1
Whimper to the debunk rescue.
How dare you post this on an open forum.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 31, 2020, 8:59 am

cjd01 wrote:
May 31, 2020, 8:48 am

I stopped reading his posts months ago. More should do the same. Bet he says the same about my posts, except he keeps reading them. :lol:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 31, 2020, 9:56 am

Anything coming out of the America is fake news as far as I am concerned as it has shown complete disregard for anyone apart from what {POTUS ) wants and accepts, bugger the people.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 31, 2020, 10:03 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 31, 2020, 9:56 am
Anything coming out of the America is fake news as far as I am concerned as it has shown complete disregard for anyone apart from what {POTUS ) wants and accepts, bugger the people.
well there you go, your response really has no possible reply
but what happens if it gets accepted in Rue Britannia
as is often said here
you can't make this up.
C' mon are you "taking the Pi##"

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 31, 2020, 10:43 am

RL I would suggest you not wear a mask in public, get as close to as many people in a large crowd as possible especially bars, nightclubs massage parlors etc, don't wash your hands often and please make sure to rub your eyes and face often while out and about. For me I'll do just the opposite. The CDC has been politicized by the White House Imbecile in Charge to parrot his mentally retarded beliefs.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 31, 2020, 10:48 am

So, who do we believe?

The WHO?
Media?

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 31, 2020, 10:53 am

fdimike wrote:
May 31, 2020, 10:43 am
RL I would suggest you not wear a mask in public, get as close to as many people in a large crowd as possible especially bars, nightclubs massage parlors etc, don't wash your hands often and please make sure to rub your eyes and face often while out and about. For me I'll do just the opposite. The CDC has been politicized by the White House Imbecile in Charge to parrot his mentally retarded beliefs.
Ok fine
besides your belief in this could you provide some anecdotal evidence to support your assertion, I thought only conservatives were conspiracy theorists so you obviously have much you can point to.
I have an open mind, show me.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 31, 2020, 10:56 am

cjd01 wrote:
May 31, 2020, 8:48 am
RLTrader wrote:
May 31, 2020, 8:43 am

3 2 1
How dare you post this on an open forum.
Figures to ponder,

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicat ... 2asc%22%7D

US death rate is .726, so COVID is increasing death rate by around one third taking it to 0.952. That does not concern you?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 31, 2020, 11:04 am

fdimike wrote:
May be worth your time, if you have the inclination, to read the linked page mike.

I did, and while I don't feel qualified to interpret it, a couple of points stuck out:

- the data is more than 1 month old (29 April) as of today

- this qualifier appears near the beginning of the page:
The parameters in the scenarios:

- Are estimates intended to support public health preparedness and planning.
- Are not predictions of the expected effects of COVID-19.
- Do not reflect the impact of any behavioral changes, social distancing, or other interventions.
and further on:
Table 1. Parameter Values that vary among the five COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios. The scenarios are intended to advance public health preparedness and planning. They are not predictions or estimates of the expected impact of COVID-19. The parameter values in each scenario will be updated and augmented over time, as we learn more about the epidemiology of COVID-19. Additional parameter values might be added in the future (e.g., population density, household transmission, and/or race and ethnicity).

Parameter values are based on data received by CDC prior to 4/29/2020

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 31, 2020, 11:09 am

fdimike wrote:
I don't wear a mask outside, only when I need to enter Tesco, or Tops, after entering I let it hang from one ear.
Went burgerK and was trying to put my mask up, when girl tried to take temp, so I stopped, didn't seem to matter. As far as
large crowd as possible especially bars, nightclubs massage parlors etc
didn't think they were open, and because I never go to those places, really doesn't matter.
Stay Safe Mike. :D

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 31, 2020, 11:27 am

cjd01 wrote:
May 31, 2020, 10:53 am
fdimike wrote:
Ok fine
besides your belief in this could you provide some anecdotal evidence to support your assertion, I thought only conservatives were conspiracy theorists so you obviously have much you can point to.

ya know cjd, been trying to figure why so much hatred for this US president. Been around 70+ years and seen Presidents come & go, of course there was Nixon, & Ford and of course the second Bush, but still never seen such hatred.

The only reason I can come up with is the "Main Street Media."

any ideas?

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 31, 2020, 11:43 am

RL
I've no idea why, my guess is they lost so much face and it continued from there
also they get viewers.
personally I'm not a great Trump fan but have been driven into his corner (sorry Jack) by the complete and utter bias shown to him by his detractors.
Quite frankly if he were to come out tomorrow and mandate mask wearing, these same guys would take the opposing view.
anyway doesn't matter US election coming he'll win or lose.
maybe we can carry on like loonie tunes for 4 years, good part is have existing templates.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 31, 2020, 12:00 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
i know what you mean. i just read a report about
knife crime in london. 40 knife offences reported
to police evey day for last two years? could this
possibly be true? that's 30,000 over the 24 month
period? or just fake news to disparage sakir khan

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 31, 2020, 12:06 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 31, 2020, 11:43 am
RL
I've no idea why, my guess is they lost so much face and it continued from there
also they get viewers.
personally I'm not a great Trump fan but have been driven into his corner (sorry Jack) by the complete and utter bias shown to him by his detractors.
Quite frankly if he were to come out tomorrow and mandate mask wearing, these same guys would take the opposing view.
anyway doesn't matter US election coming he'll win or lose.
maybe we can carry on like loonie tunes for 4 years, good part is have existing templates.
Not a voter never was "It Only encourage _____" fill in your own word, mine get edited.

On my different social feeds was a Jill Stein supporter and before her, Sanders, who turned out to be a wolf in sheep clothing. But always felt better Trump then the evil witch.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 31, 2020, 12:44 pm

RLTrader wrote:
May 31, 2020, 11:27 am
cjd01 wrote:
fdimike wrote:
Ok fine

ya know cjd, been trying to figure why so much hatred for this US president. Been around 70+ years and seen Presidents come & go, of course there was Nixon, & Ford and of course the second Bush, but still never seen such hatred.

any ideas?
I can think of a couple of reasons

- Pathological liar (16,000 proven lies and counting)
- Dysfunctional White House
- Botched handling or COVID pandemic
- Arrogance in dealing with every other world ally
- Falsely accusing an innocent man of murder with zero proof
- Abandoning Kurds
- Being played like a fool by North Korea, Russia and China
- Isolating the USA from the world
- Scaremongering without proof about voter fraud
- Locking children in cages
- Claiming powers he does not have
- Not disclosing his tax returns
- Lying about the Ukraine
- Disgracing the office of the President of the USA by his narcissistic arrogant behaviour making America a worldwide laughing stock

etc, etc, etc.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 31, 2020, 1:28 pm

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 31, 2020, 5:47 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 31, 2020, 12:44 pm
RLTrader wrote:
May 31, 2020, 11:27 am
cjd01 wrote:
fdimike wrote:
Ok fine

any ideas?
I can think of a couple of reasons

- Pathological liar (16,000 proven lies and counting)
- Dysfunctional White House
- Botched handling or COVID pandemic
- Arrogance in dealing with every other world ally
- Falsely accusing an innocent man of murder with zero proof
- Abandoning Kurds
- Being played like a fool by North Korea, Russia and China
- Isolating the USA from the world
- Scaremongering without proof about voter fraud
- Locking children in cages
- Claiming powers he does not have
- Not disclosing his tax returns
- Lying about the Ukraine
- Disgracing the office of the President of the USA by his narcissistic arrogant behaviour making America a worldwide laughing stock

etc, etc, etc.
Whimper
What little credibility you had certainly goes out with that list, just 1 reply because I've lost interest in you, it was shown the pictures of children in cages was from the previous administration try google.
most of your other "reasons" are purely your own thoughts not facts.
as they say amazing.
another legend in his own mind.
don't bother with more drivel, rather watch a Thai soap

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 31, 2020, 5:51 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 31, 2020, 10:03 am
Khun Paul wrote:
as is often said here
you can't make this up.
Rule Britania is a song actually and it may well be read in the UK , but probably disregarded as so much rubbish

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 31, 2020, 6:03 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 31, 2020, 5:51 pm
cjd01 wrote:
May 31, 2020, 10:03 am
Khun Paul wrote:
as is often said here
you can't make this up.
Rule Britania is a song actually and it may well be read in the UK , but probably disregarded as so much rubbish
Well I don't know how everything coming out of the USA is fake news, but actually a great amount of it is anti Trump
I guess your counting that as well? so maybe he's actually great.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”