Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Kenr6583 » September 23, 2020, 8:28 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 23, 2020, 7:28 am
One may well blame Trump but in all honesty after seeing the Am,erican news ( various sources ) and listened to the pro and anti Trump Rhetoric, I put this figure down to the following ( placed in no particular order )
Stupidity, Complacency, ignorance , Corruption and selfishness.
None of which endear me to those that say Trump is the problem or that China is the problem, He ( POTUS ) has not helped that is fact , China well they possible knew but declined to say anything until they had no choice ( Asian thing face saving again ) . People I find rely purely what is available on line, their individual thinking ability lessened due to reliance on what is said, very few seek to find answers, just believe the tripe trotted out daily by all then become polarised in their attitude depending on what suits them, even if that attitude can and has been proven to harm others.

But hey-ho that means people are doing what they want, being selfish and uncaring about the affects their actions have on others. Sort of like the man that parked outside of myself ( correctly parked ) in a Udon street the other day , completely blocking me in and went into a nearby shop to buy some stuff, when advised he was blocking me in by my Thai friend, walked along to another store and eventually came back, got in and drove off some 20 minutes later without so much as an apology.
Here's the stupidity. On February 20th me and my cousins flew out to Punta Cana. We came back on February 25th. On February 27th I hopped on a plane to Thailand and came back on March 15th. Now, because Trump "downplayed" the virus, he put millions of lives at risk. If I had known the seriousness of the virus at the time, I cannot say with 100% certainty it would have changed my plans or not, but at that time it would have been my choice. And I cannot speak for any other individuals who were traveling out of the country during that time, but he put them at risk also without them having knowledge of the seriousness of the virus so they could make a choice. Trump LIED about the virus, no ifs ands or buts about it. These 200,000+ deaths are all on him, and there's nothing anyone can say or do to try and spin it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 23, 2020, 10:25 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 23, 2020, 8:06 am
Excellent covid related address to the nation by Boris yesterday .. i think.hes doing a great job in very very dificult and unchsrtered waters ..in fact IMO that can be said of numerous other world leaders like Trump , Putin and for that matter Prayut .

=D> =D> =D>
I think Boris has finally cracked it. Since March, the UK's daily Covid briefings by a round-robin of inept and unqualified cabinet ministers working from a teleprompter and answering pre-screened questions with Whitty and Vance as bookends has been laughable and sometimes farcical. That may have contributed to the decision to stop doing them. This time around we had Whitty and Vance personally making their scientific case very clearly AHEAD of any government announcements and AHEAD of what I agree was a well argued and well delivered statement By the PM to parliament highlighting the rule changes that had already been suggested by the "bookends". I didn't catch his televised national address later but read the transcript and it is clear that a finger has been pointed. Closing the loopholes and stepping up the effort to catch and penalize those that think the rules don't apply to them is a key to keeping this under control.

We are led to believe that the British public for the most part did their bit during the national lock-down with creditable results. For the record, my friend, an essential worker back in Lancashire has a totally different opinion of his fellow citizens as communities on either side of his home and workplace go into localized lockdown. My sister, in Lancaster itself says the younger generation don't seem have got the message yet. This notion is bolstered by her daughter who is still in her twenties. The pubs have to close at 10 PM and much media time has been given to those in the licensed trade all saying that since 10 PM is their peak-earning time, they will be all but wiped out. Maybe it is time for the leisure industry (or whatever it labels itself) to stop complaining, start thinking outside the box a wee bit and stop blaming their projected demise on a minority of the public that appear to be unable to live without a drink after 10 PM. After all, there's absolutely no restrictions on buying alcohol and drinking at home until you're pished.

Ultimately, the 'second wave' and a coincident 'natural' flu season aren't exactly surprises. Whether an over-anxious and premature relaxation of lock down or people playing fast and loose with the existing rules has contributed to the rapid rise of infections over the past few weeks can be better researched in less stressful times after a vaccine is available and the virus is under control. In the meantime, the UK's great unwashed do need to get with the program.

WRT Trump's Covid management. I don't see how anyone who denied it's existence for too long, admits to playing down the threat, makes up fake claims of cures and openly undermines and even threatens the medically and scientifically trained experts chosen to advise him can be placed in the same league. I agree that Putin and Prayuth appear to have done a better job than Trump but that's still a very low bar.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 23, 2020, 12:31 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Wednesday:
🔸3,514 people infected (+3)
🔸3,345 discharged from hospital (+2)
🔸110 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 3 news cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from Japan (2) and France (1).
Attachments
FB_IMG_1600839089357.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 24, 2020, 2:08 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday:
🔸3,516 people infected (+2)
🔸3,353 discharged from hospital (+8)
🔸104 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 2 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from America (2). Neither of them showed any symptoms.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1600931388306.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 25, 2020, 1:37 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Excellent covid related address to the nation by Boris yesterday .. i think.hes doing a great job in very very dificult and unchsrtered waters ..in fact IMO that can be said of numerous other world leaders like Trump , Putin and for that matter Prayut .

=D> =D> =D>
:shock: What Germans are reportedly seeing and reading:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... mmentators
“The perplexity of the British public is rising,” wrote Thomas Kielinger, the veteran Britain watcher for the conservative Die Welt. “Its government appears to be stumbling through a forest of lunacy ... and it’s dawning on many that Boris Johnson is the wrong man to cope with an emergency.”
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 25, 2020, 11:26 am

GT93 wrote:
September 25, 2020, 1:37 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

=D> =D> =D>
:shock: What Germans are reportedly seeing and reading:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... mmentators
“The perplexity of the British public is rising,” wrote Thomas Kielinger, the veteran Britain watcher for the conservative Die Welt. “Its government appears to be stumbling through a forest of lunacy ... and it’s dawning on many that Boris Johnson is the wrong man to cope with an emergency.”
If that's the fresh off the press from "Thomas Kielinger, the veteran Britain watcher for the conservative Die Welt", all I can say is his employer better find a more in-touch Britain watcher. Boris's bumbling and stumbling has been the stuff of legend for the past six months. His most recent public outing, presaged as it was by the government's own scientists, was a far, far more convincing statement of direction made without any allusion to being 'world beating' or 'first class' or setting ridiculously near-sighted dates. If anyone hasn't picked up on the finally realistic suggestion of 6-months more of the 'new normal', then they need a serious slapping.

Meanwhile, the Torygraph is making a meal of what they see as the 'conspicuous absence' of Boris yesterday when the Chancellor laid out his plans going forward. I expect Herr Kielinger to report on this some time around Easter 2021.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 25, 2020, 1:27 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Friday:
🔸3,519 people infected (+3)
🔸3,360 discharged from hospital (+7)
🔸100 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 3 news cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from United States (1) Singapore (1) and Kuwait (1).
Attachments
FB_IMG_1601015238558.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 26, 2020, 4:03 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Saturday:
🔸3,522 people infected (+3)
🔸3,362 discharged from hospital (+2)
🔸101 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 3 news cases are foreigners in quarantine who came from Luxembourg (1) Turkey (1) and Albania (1).
Attachments
FB_IMG_1601110981646.jpg

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 27, 2020, 1:19 pm

Boris's address to the UN was quite good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7hnZFV84M

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 27, 2020, 4:20 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday:
🔸3,523 people infected (+1)
🔸3,367 discharged from hospital (+5)
🔸97 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The one new case is a Thai who returned from the United States.
Attachments
15959366-9456-46EF-A3F4-8F6A51C09F9F.jpeg

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 28, 2020, 10:53 am

Well You SHOULD Go Back Then, Ungrateful BARSTEWARDS !!

'This place is no good': Migrant whose journey from Sudan has ended at a converted Army barracks says the conditions are like a prison... and wishes he had STAYED in France to claim asylum there
Four Sudanese asylum seekers moved to former Army barracks in Folkestone
The men, who said they are in their 20s and 30s, all fled the war-torn Darfur
They were plucked from the water by a Border Force patrol two months ago

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 28, 2020, 2:27 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:
🔸3,545 people infected (+22)
🔸3,369 discharged from hospital (+2)
🔸117 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 22 new cases are 4 foreigners who came from India (4), and 18 Thais who came back from Pakistan (1), South Sudan (16) and The Philippines (1).

* The 16 Thais who returned from South Sudan are military.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1601277979558.jpg

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 28, 2020, 3:10 pm

With 14 days Quarantine they are getting off light

"Quarantine" literally means "40 days."
As the Online Etymology Dictionary notes, the word "quarantine" comes from the Italian words quarantina giorni, which literally translate to "space of 40 days." Why? In the 14th century, that's how long ships were kept in isolation—or quarantined—when they could potentially be harboring sick passengers.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 28, 2020, 3:25 pm

Thai Government Review Sept 28
English Version

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 5795217668

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 29, 2020, 12:12 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:
🔸3,559 people infected (+14)
🔸3,370 discharged from hospital (+1)
🔸130 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 14 news cases are 3 foreigners from India (3), and 11 Thais who returned from Turkey (1), Hong Kong (3) and South Sudan (7)
Attachments
FB_IMG_1601356352017.jpg

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 29, 2020, 12:32 pm

With all these people returning testing positive, one really starts to wonder, IF these people were tested pre-flight and tested negative , doctors certificate etc, and arriving in Thailand, get retested and found to be positive. I understand some Military chaps have also tested positive upon returning.
IS the Thai test more stringent or are they just stating positive to uphold the grip the current Govt has over the situation like a further lengthening of the State of Emergency .
I am beingiing to find it strange that those who undergo strict requirement to return are suddenly found positive as the only major Internatiuonal Carrier is I believe THAI , then maybe their planes are infected and not cleaned properly or that the testing upon arrival is flawed. Either way it is win win for the Hotels providing quarantine placements and the Govt as it can point to the figures to justify its own excessive repressive actions on Tourists and others.
I am not saying they are but it looks very suspicious that checked people are suddenly found to be positive upon arrival in Thailand , or is the REST of the World so negligent in their testing, personally I think the former rather than the latter, either way reinforces my viewpoint I am not travelling outside Thailand for the foreseeable future `. `

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 29, 2020, 2:23 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 29, 2020, 12:32 pm
With all these people returning testing positive, one really starts to wonder, IF these people were tested pre-flight and tested negative , doctors certificate etc, and arriving in Thailand, get retested and found to be positive. I understand some Military chaps have also tested positive upon returning.
IS the Thai test more stringent or are they just stating positive to uphold the grip the current Govt has over the situation like a further lengthening of the State of Emergency .
I am beingiing to find it strange that those who undergo strict requirement to return are suddenly found positive as the only major Internatiuonal Carrier is I believe THAI , then maybe their planes are infected and not cleaned properly or that the testing upon arrival is flawed. Either way it is win win for the Hotels providing quarantine placements and the Govt as it can point to the figures to justify its own excessive repressive actions on Tourists and others.
I am not saying they are but it looks very suspicious that checked people are suddenly found to be positive upon arrival in Thailand , or is the REST of the World so negligent in their testing, personally I think the former rather than the latter, either way reinforces my viewpoint I am not travelling outside Thailand for the foreseeable future `. `
The Thais don't need a PCR test to get on a repatriation flight, only foreigners.

The foreigners (and Thais) are coming from countries where local infection rates are either rising, unreported or otherwise unverifiable.

AFAIK, no repatriated pax, either Thai or foreign have failed the final 14th day PCR test and ended up in hospital.

Nothing to see here, move along now.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 30, 2020, 12:00 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Wednesday:
🔸3,564 people infected (+5)
🔸3,374 discharged from hospital (+4)
🔸131 in hospital
🔸59 dead (+0)

The 5 news cases are 1 foreigner and 4 Thais in quarantine who returned from abroad.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1601442060061.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 4, 2020, 6:58 pm

How George W Bush crafted a social distancing plan - and why it was ignored by the US and Britain

Former president ordered scientists to devise a social distancing strategy to slow a pandemic, but it was not used for Covid-19

Maybe the Chinese stole Dubya's plans?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... s-britain/

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 5, 2020, 3:47 am

Khun Paul, just an FYI THAI isn't the only international carrier coming into Swampy. My wife arrived two weeks ago on JAL from the U.S. plus there were Korean Air flights that I know of.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”