Great Breakfast

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 9, 2020, 9:21 am

After the recent check up the doc reckons i need to change a few things .. eating too much meat , fried foods etc and consuming over the limit of alcohol ..Errrr SLIGHTLY .

Last nights meal was Rice soup with fish followed by this mornings new regime breakfast of poached salmon with wholewheat bread ..

My question is

Does anyone where i can buy or borrow a small hand gun ..might as well blow mi fookin brains out now !!

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 9, 2020, 9:45 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 9, 2020, 9:21 am
After the recent check up the doc reckons i need to change a few things .. eating too much meat , fried foods etc and consuming over the limit of alcohol ..Errrr SLIGHTLY .

Last nights meal was Rice soup with fish followed by this mornings new regime breakfast of poached salmon with wholewheat bread ..

My question is

Does anyone where i can buy or borrow a small hand gun ..might as well blow mi fookin brains out now !!

DM
DM, I lost 15 kilos in three months by eating rolled oats with banana slices for dinner at around 5 PM in the evening, then nothing until breakfast. I didn't change any of my other eating habits. For years I had been stuffing myself with a big dinner, and eating that much later in the evening which is very unhealthy. It will take you a few days for your stomach to adjust to eating light in the evenings, but after that you won't be craving food late at night. Hope this helps!

On second thought I did cut out the British breakfasts with all that processed meat and bread. The bread is a weight gain hog, so cut it out!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 9, 2020, 9:56 am

I have to say poached salmon & wholewheat toast sounds a delicious breakfast to me ;)
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 9, 2020, 10:37 am

Thanks SFG , rolled oats same as instant porridge oats ? ..... n Niggly yes the salmon brekkie was lush but when the novelty wears off ?????

I am currently looking at a few diet options ... i need to get used to letting go of the Brit fry up brekkies , steaks , pies and spicy food , OH and my beloved beer chang .. the latter will be the most difficult as im a shareholder in the company =; or at least i should be the amount of stock ive bought

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 9, 2020, 10:47 am

To be honest i shouldnt really need the doc to tell me its time to look at how im taking care of my body ..OR NOT as it turns out ... trouble is to me dieting is like a life long smoker stopping ...dam hard i love mi food n booze but will give it a go and see how i progress.

tell tale signs like those favourite shorts start to feel a bit tighter , that bloated feeling , more visits to the WC , using a mirror to check out the sausage and after logging off its more difficult to wash wipe n go ..(sorry if your eating).

I eat a lot of bread (not good ???) , Meat , Pies , cakes ..all the good stuff ..

Turns out my monthly alcohol intake units i was doing in 3 days .. and i lied a bit to the doc

Farewell cruel world .

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 9, 2020, 11:19 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 9, 2020, 10:47 am
To be honest i shouldnt really need the doc to tell me its time to look at how im taking care of my body ..OR NOT as it turns out ... trouble is to me dieting is like a life long smoker stopping ...dam hard i love mi food n booze but will give it a go and see how i progress.

tell tale signs like those favourite shorts start to feel a bit tighter , that bloated feeling , more visits to the WC , using a mirror to check out the sausage and after logging off its more difficult to wash wipe n go ..(sorry if your eating).

I eat a lot of bread (not good ???) , Meat , Pies , cakes ..all the good stuff ..

Turns out my monthly alcohol intake units i was doing in 3 days .. and i lied a bit to the doc

Farewell cruel world .

DM,read and get proper knowledge,how to eat..when to eat..menu calori calculator..and it's all in your brain..do meditation..Goodluck DM.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-f ... unter..and https://www.bodybuilding.com/recipes rememer eat OFTEN and drink alot of water.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 9, 2020, 11:20 am

Last couple of mornings, Mrs tam has treated me to breakfast at jokeyingudom, a very popular Thai breakfast place on Prajak Silapakom @ the 5-way intersection (diagonally opposite the bicycle shop). Parking can be a bit of a bugger but for extra fitness, park further away and walk-in. Opens at 5 am and shuttered before noon, it has all the Thai breakfast staples that one can shake a cholesterol test at.
yesterday.jpg
Yesterday
today.jpg
Today
https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E0%B ... 02.7965587

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 9, 2020, 11:30 am

Which one look more tasy (not saying i do not like the Thai one).

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 9, 2020, 12:14 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 9, 2020, 10:37 am
Thanks SFG , rolled oats same as instant porridge oats ? ..... n Niggly yes the salmon brekkie was lush but when the novelty wears off ?????

I am currently looking at a few diet options ... i need to get used to letting go of the Brit fry up brekkies , steaks , pies and spicy food , OH and my beloved beer chang .. the latter will be the most difficult as im a shareholder in the company =; or at least i should be the amount of stock ive bought

DM
We call it oatmeal in the US. I buy a 1 kilo package in Makro for 79 baht....Aro Brand. Just add hot water from the hot water pot, cover for 10 minutes and ready to eat. Don't buy the ones that have to be boiled and stirred. Too much trouble and you'll start to shy away from it after a few days. Instant is the way to go.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 9, 2020, 12:17 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
October 9, 2020, 12:14 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 9, 2020, 10:37 am

DM
We call it oatmeal in the US. I buy a 1 kilo package in Makro for 79 baht....Aro Brand. Just add hot water from the hot water pot, cover for 10 minutes and ready to eat. Don't buy the ones that have to be boiled and stirred. Too much trouble and you'll start to shy away from it after a few days. Instant is the way to go. In Big C they have McGarrett Oats, instant and the kind you boil, but I don't particularly like the consistency. Feels like eating bits of Styrofoam.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 9, 2020, 1:53 pm

OK Thanks Patrick.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » October 9, 2020, 2:10 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 9, 2020, 9:21 am

DM
Shoot the doctor. Problem solved,

rct
udonmap.com

Great Breakfast

Post by rct » October 9, 2020, 2:13 pm

DIET SUBJECT
I am really into Oatmeal lately, rolled oats, or steel cut, but not really instant. Tempted to try a 7 day oatmeal diet to lose weight (yes oatmeal 3 meals per day for 7 days, plus fruit for snacks). This week eating oatmeal 2x per day, plus one regular meal usually with kids in evening. It is slower but still effective to lose weight. Per SF I like his recommendation for dinner, may try that when my wife is back to cook for kids!

Especially like Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats, must be cooked, but really just simmer for 15-18 minutes unattended and it mostly takes care of itself. Oat Bran has a much faster cooking time but more mushy and less nutty IMO.

Oatmeal smoothies! Soak the oats ten minutes in water first. Add frozen fruit and some unsweetened almond milk. DM come by at 06h30 my treat!

BTW I am making savory rolled oats too, eg with stock and a few boiled veggies like carrots, leeks, onion, cauliflour, even sauteed brussels sprouts, black pepper and even garlic powder. Tastes more like a usual lunch.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 9, 2020, 3:06 pm

rct wrote:
October 9, 2020, 2:13 pm
DIET SUBJECT
I am really into Oatmeal lately, rolled oats, or steel cut, but not really instant. Tempted to try a 7 day oatmeal diet to lose weight (yes oatmeal 3 meals per day for 7 days, plus fruit for snacks). This week eating oatmeal 2x per day, plus one regular meal usually with kids in evening. It is slower but still effective to lose weight. Per SF I like his recommendation for dinner, may try that when my wife is back to cook for kids!

Especially like Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats, must be cooked, but really just simmer for 15-18 minutes unattended and it mostly takes care of itself. Oat Bran has a much faster cooking time but more mushy and less nutty IMO.

Oatmeal smoothies! Soak the oats ten minutes in water first. Add frozen fruit and some unsweetened almond milk. DM come by at 06h30 my treat!

BTW I am making savory rolled oats too, eg with stock and a few boiled veggies like carrots, leeks, onion, cauliflour, even sauteed brussels sprouts, black pepper and even garlic powder. Tastes more like a usual lunch.
Thats a very kind offer and will take you up on it in the near future Tom .. i decided to book in for a full scrub n rub MOT health check up program tomorrow at Bkk Udon so nil by mouth for 12 hours and that includes a beer Chang :(

BTW anyone interested BKK UD Hospital currently have 4 health check up programs to chose from

Basic advised for 15 to 30yrs
Advanced 30 to 40 yrs
Executive 40 yrs and over
Ultimate ALL.

Pricing .. was told theres a promotion on at mo and quoted higher than the discounted prices below which we all know is just a sales bluff.

Male Basic 3,390 bt to Ultimate 29,500 bt
Female Basic 3,390 bt to Ultimate 33,500 bt

DM

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2020, 4:17 pm

Stantheman wrote:
September 13, 2020, 3:37 am
Just an FYI, they may call it an American Breakfast but it's not. We don't do little sausages like those and definitely not tomato with lettuce. Looks more like the breakfast I had when vacationing in Ireland last fall.
In Texas they refer to these as link sausages, the ones at Aoy's in Kut Chap seem similar to what I was used to in Texas as opposed to 'sausage' which was a flat meat pattie
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » October 9, 2020, 9:31 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 9, 2020, 4:17 pm
Stantheman wrote:
Just an FYI, they may call it an American Breakfast but it's not. We don't do little sausages like those and definitely not tomato with lettuce. Looks more like the breakfast I had when vacationing in Ireland last fall.
In Texas they refer to these as link sausages, the ones at Aoy's in Kut Chap seem similar to what I was used to in Texas as opposed to 'sausage' which was a flat meat pattie
Where is Aoy’s in Kutchap?

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 10, 2020, 3:46 am

Whistler wrote:
Stantheman wrote:
Sorry Whistler, what is pictured aren't amercan style link sausages, more like mini hot dogs.
87_352_large.jpg
These are breakfast link sausages

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 10, 2020, 4:14 am

Hot water and the microwave? You lot are confusing healthy with convenient. I know my oatmeal and instant is not it.

Porridge oats done properly is a minimum 15 minute job and it's why they invented the spurtle.
Last edited by tamada on October 10, 2020, 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 10, 2020, 4:28 am

Whistler wrote:
Stantheman wrote:
Ah, the endless "link or pattie" debate.

Meanwhile, back in Orkney, the home of the original breakfast (or lunch or dinner) pattie.

https://www.northlinkferries.co.uk/orkn ... es-recipe/

Thoroughly recommended BEFORE you go get your old fat bastard reassurance medical examinations.

PS: Don't forget the proper rectal prostate examination. The ultrasound method is like what instant oats is to porridge oats.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2020, 7:09 am

No brekkie today .. 12 hours nil by mouth Tammy .. i could eat my flip flops im so hungry ..DM WILLPOWER WILLPOWER.

Shame they dont have nil by key board .

DM

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”