Another great visit to UD General Hospital

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Another great visit to UD General Hospital

Post by vincemunday » October 27, 2020, 2:54 pm

I've had a bad tooth for a while and as per usual I put off getting treatment until the last minute and the pain was intolerable. My first port of call was Rak Fan Dental Surgery (tel 042 222935), I've used them for over 10 years and the dentists there are great (but getting a bit expensive I noticed) and their English is quite good because the dentist trained in the States. However, this time they decided to check my blood pressure, they've never done this before but it turned out mine was too high for them to treat me so they advised me to go to the General Hospital.

On arrival at the hospital I walked up to the admissions desk and we were immediately given a ticket and we were sent to the temporary dental unit, apparently the brand new shiny one will be ready by the end of the year. Once we got there I was asked to do a blood pressure test and sure enough it was still high, they asked me to sit down and take another. After 10 minutes my blood pressure dropped enough that they would do the extraction, I was guided to a rather tiny Thai sized dental chair, not ideal but with a little bit of guidance i was fine, the dentist asked me to point out the tooth, in English, she injected my guns and 10 minutes later the tooth was out and I was getting my instruction sheet of what to do.

So, all in all another great visit to the general hospital, I was in and out quicker than an SAS attack, it only cost me 700 baht and I'm on my way back home, I really can't recommend this hospital enough, they're really very good.
Attachments
20201027_143930.jpg

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”