Current Forum Technical Issues

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12092
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by jackspratt » March 20, 2020, 3:32 pm

I don't know if this is relevant to the current issues being experienced, but I have just noticed the following line appearing in very faded text above and "behind" the main forum screen (windows 10 and Firefox):
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbseo/usu/event/listener.php on line 561: Indirect modification of overloaded property phpbb/user::$lang has no effect



User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13250
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by stattointhailand » March 20, 2020, 5:01 pm

Been getting that same message for a while now

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 2017
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Udon Map » March 20, 2020, 5:17 pm

Thanks, I've forwarded this to the tech support guy.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3625
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by vincemunday » March 20, 2020, 5:56 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 20, 2020, 3:32 pm
I don't know if this is relevant to the current issues being experienced, but I have just noticed the following line appearing in very faded text above and "behind" the main forum screen (windows 10 and Firefox):
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbseo/usu/event/listener.php on line 561: Indirect modification of overloaded property phpbb/user::$lang has no effect
This is the same one I got Paul
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com
Posts: 38
Joined: June 2, 2019, 5:59 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 18, 2020, 8:33 pm

I get this too at the top of the page.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbseo/usu/event/listener.php on line 561: Indirect modification of overloaded property phpbb/user::$lang has no effect
A friend tried to join a week or so ago. He was stopped and told he's a spammer and to contact admins if it is a mistake. He tried to send an email to admins to ask why, and the email timed out.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7826
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by tamada » September 19, 2020, 8:39 am

^ Infrequently when I try to make a UM post, I get an admin message that it's been blocked due to being suspected spam with spamhaus as the service flagging my message. This happens on my 3BB home Wi-Fi connection so I either turn on my VPN or disconnect from Wi-Fi and use my DTAC data service and it posts OK.

Previously this blockage would last for days and sometimes need me to contact spamhaus for resolution but more recently, it's been less restrictive and the block would go within a few hours.

Based on my more recent experience, your mate can try again and it should work.

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 1135
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Performing handbrake turns & wheelspins near Nong Na Kham

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Niggly » September 19, 2020, 12:47 pm

For what it’s worth I’ve been getting that banner across the top of the screen for over a year & it’s not affected functionality in any way

User avatar
Earnest
udonmap.com
Posts: 1574
Joined: January 14, 2014, 3:56 am
Location: In bed with 747

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Earnest » September 19, 2020, 10:12 pm

You could fix it for 'em, what with you being our mechanic.
กรรม

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com
Posts: 38
Joined: June 2, 2019, 5:59 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 20, 2020, 12:29 pm

tamada wrote:
September 19, 2020, 8:39 am
^ Infrequently when I try to make a UM post, I get an admin message that it's been blocked due to being suspected spam with spamhaus as the service flagging my message. This happens on my 3BB home Wi-Fi connection so I either turn on my VPN or disconnect from Wi-Fi and use my DTAC data service and it posts OK.

Previously this blockage would last for days and sometimes need me to contact spamhaus for resolution but more recently, it's been less restrictive and the block would go within a few hours.

Based on my more recent experience, your mate can try again and it should work.
Thanks.

He tried last night and again this morning with a different email address and with VPN on and off. It seemed to be going well and going through and then it timed out. He has given up.

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 2017
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Udon Map » September 20, 2020, 8:12 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 20, 2020, 12:29 pm
He tried last night and again this morning with a different email address and with VPN on and off. It seemed to be going well and going through and then it timed out. He has given up.
The problem here is the advent of dynamic IP address assignment. Your IP address changes from time to time. When you get a message about Spamhaus, it means that at one time, your current IP address was identified as a source of spam. To get a new IP address, turn EVERYTHING (router, modem, computer, etc.) off for at least five minutes. Then turn it all back on and you'll have a new IP address assigned and the problem will most likely be gone.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com
Posts: 38
Joined: June 2, 2019, 5:59 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 27, 2020, 3:13 pm

He joined Thai Visa.

User avatar
Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1485
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Whistler » November 15, 2020, 12:37 pm

When I go to Udon Map page, I get an error message saying issue with Udon Map facebook. Been like that for over a week
Beam me up Scotty

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 2017
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Udon Map » November 15, 2020, 7:21 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 15, 2020, 12:37 pm
When I go to Udon Map page, I get an error message saying issue with Udon Map facebook. Been like that for over a week.
Thanks for letting us know. Will take a look at it.

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 2017
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Udon Map » November 15, 2020, 7:24 pm

Udon Map wrote:
November 15, 2020, 7:21 pm
Whistler wrote:
November 15, 2020, 12:37 pm
When I go to Udon Map page, I get an error message saying issue with Udon Map facebook. Been like that for over a week.
Thanks for letting us know. Will take a look at it.
Try it now....

tutone
udonmap.com
Posts: 461
Joined: July 7, 2008, 3:15 am

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by tutone » November 16, 2020, 4:42 am

When I open the home page, it momentarily opens normally but then jumps to what is the "Facebook Page" below the currency exchange rate table and presents this message, "Your request couldn't be processed
There was a problem with this request. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can." This has been happening for a few days. It doesn't prevent me from using the site, but have to scroll up to the top to view topics and posts. Clicking on a new topic will then cause the same jump to the bottom, requiring scrolling back to the top again to resume viewing topics and posts.

User avatar
pf-flyer
udonmap.com
Posts: 580
Joined: April 4, 2007, 11:25 pm
Location: Living out in a Rural Village

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by pf-flyer » November 16, 2020, 5:30 am

[quote="Udon Map" post_id=591808 time=1600607560 user_id=31673]
[quote="Declan MacPherson" post_id=591761 time=1600579776 user_id=50570]He tried last night and again this morning with a different email address and with VPN on and off. It seemed to be going well and going through and then it timed out. He has given up.[/quote][color=#0000BF]The problem here is the advent of dynamic IP address assignment. Your IP address changes from time to time. When you get a message about Spamhaus, it means that at one time, your current IP address was identified as a source of spam. To get a new IP address, turn EVERYTHING (router, modem, computer, etc.) off for at least five minutes. Then turn it all back on and you'll have a new IP address assigned and the problem will most likely be gone.[/color]
[/quote]

It would also be a good to delete your ARP Table on your PC to get rid of the latent IP address in the ARP table that is causing the problem. The ARP table will then rebuild with a new set of entries.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1244
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Stantheman » November 16, 2020, 6:35 am

When I go to Udon Map Facebook page here is what pops up for me, so I at least don't see problems.
Screenshot_20201115-173519_Facebook.jpg

User avatar
Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1485
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Whistler » November 16, 2020, 2:06 pm

Stantheman wrote:
November 16, 2020, 6:35 am
When I go to Udon Map Facebook page here is what pops up for me, so I at least don't see problems.
Screenshot_20201115-173519_Facebook.jpg
I still get the error, using Chrome. I do have some extensions to block adds and popups, might be the cause.
Beam me up Scotty

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 1135
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Performing handbrake turns & wheelspins near Nong Na Kham

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Niggly » November 16, 2020, 4:30 pm

Udon Map wrote:
November 15, 2020, 7:24 pm
Udon Map wrote:
November 15, 2020, 7:21 pm
Whistler wrote:
November 15, 2020, 12:37 pm
When I go to Udon Map page, I get an error message saying issue with Udon Map facebook. Been like that for over a week.
Thanks for letting us know. Will take a look at it.
Try it now....
I didn’t even know this link existed on the home page as I’ve got active topics bookmarked.
I also get this error. I’ve deleted all cookies & website data but it hasn’t helped. It’s the same on all my Apple devices.

Image

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 2017
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Current Forum Technical Issues

Post by Udon Map » November 16, 2020, 7:19 pm

I just tried it again, and again, no error. I use Chrome, no VPN. I wonder if it could be a FB issue....

Post Reply

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”