A Scathing Indictment of the UK Prime Minister

jackspratt
udonmap.com

A Scathing Indictment of the UK Prime Minister

Post by jackspratt » November 2, 2020, 8:50 am

And this from Australia's national broadcaster (the equivalent of the BBC).
In times of crisis clear, concise, political leadership is a not just a desire of the masses but a must for the stability of a nation.

The message does not need to be Churchillian, but decisive clarity always helps.

Unfortunately, COVID-19 has pushed the UK into a very deep crisis, and England precisely does not have a steady hand steering the ship.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-02/ ... t/12837276

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: A Scathing Indictment of the UK Prime Minister

Post by stattointhailand » November 2, 2020, 11:29 am

That makes the t*sser sound far better than he deserves [-X [-X

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » November 2, 2020, 3:18 pm

Unfortunately, the world is full of people who seem to enjoy the oxygen of publicity and finding fault with every action that is taken. Whatever happens or happened, some no mark twit would be wheeled out to put another view forward.

The fact is we have a virus, we are in a highly populated continent with easy travel, people with the means to travel and it's going to spread.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 2, 2020, 4:09 pm

I just leave this here for the more intelligent to digest:

Don’t blame Boris and his men for locking us away,
Think instead of the all night raves, that happened every day,
Think back to all those marches, when black lives mattered most,
And the crowded summer beaches, all along the coast.

Think back to newsreel funerals where a hundred more have come,
And street gatherings of the selfish, as stupid stood next to dumb,
Some say rules are made to be broken, but their actions have a cost,
And for every thoughtless action, someone’s life just might be lost.

So don’t look to those in authority, when blame you seek to lay,
We’re locked up because the selfish, have ignored rules every day,
So in this coming month or so, don’t rant or rave or shout,
Just do as you’re bloomin’ told, and burn this virus out!

The nay-sayers, the anti maskers, in fact anyone who thinks this is just a publicity stunt to control us anywhere in the world including that Orange Blob currently supposed to be the most powerful man in the world. IT IS REAL AND IT IS KILLING and causing so much harm, to us all one way or the other. But of course there will be some numpty that does not agree, Bleating about freedoms etc, well now the silent majority is speaking, shut up and follow the rules or go and jump off a cliff.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 3, 2020, 7:33 pm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 3, 2020, 10:19 pm

With Trumps man management skills he shouldn't be out of work too long ....... are Scunny still in for a new gaffer DM?
Could be the ideal job, as FBI are unlikely to look in Scunthorpe for him :-"

and he may even find time for a punt with his mate Bojo (on the river that is)

ker ching, ker ching, ker ching ........... three threads one comment :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 16, 2020, 8:05 am

FFS - this thread is about the incompetent nincompoop currently occupying 10 Downing Street.

Off topic input from other nincompoops doesn't really add much, does it!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 16, 2020, 9:29 am

Off-topic posts removed.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 16, 2020, 9:34 am

Boris Johnson self-isolating after MP tests positive for Covid-19

BBC News
16 November 2020

Boris Johnson is self-isolating after meeting an MP who later tested positive for Covid-19.
The prime minister said he was contacted by NHS Test and Trace on Sunday but is not showing symptoms.
Mr Johnson on Thursday spent about 35 minutes with Ashfield MP Lee Anderson who has since tested positive.
The news came as No 10 said Mr Johnson would make "critical announcements" about coronavirus and "levelling up" the UK over the coming weeks.
In an announcement planned before Mr Johnson was told to self-isolate, Downing Street said there would be a "clear signal" of his "ongoing ambitions for the United Kingdom".
It said Mr Johnson would chair "key Covid meetings" and work with Chancellor Rishi Sunak to devise the upcoming spending review with an aim to fulfil his promise to "build back better".
But No 10's effort to start the week afresh following the departure of two of Mr Johnson's top aides amid an internal power struggle was overshadowed by news the prime minister was self-isolating.
Mr Johnson wrote on Twitter on Sunday night: "Today I was notified by NHS Test and Trace that I must self-isolate as I have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
"I have no symptoms, but am following the rules and will be working from No 10 as I continue to lead the government's pandemic response."
A No 10 spokesman added: "The PM is well and does not have any symptoms of Covid-19."
'I've been pinged!'
In a WhatsApp message to Tory MPs seen by the BBC the PM added: "The good news is that NHS Test and Trace continues to improve. The bad news is that I have been pinged!"
He said that he would observe self-isolation rules despite "following the guidance and socially distancing" during his meeting with Mr Anderson.
"It doesn't matter that I feel fine - better than ever - or that my body is bursting with antibodies because I have already had the damn thing," he added.
"The rules are the rules and they are there to stop the spread of the disease."
In April, Mr Johnson spent three nights in intensive care after falling ill with the virus.
He later said it "could have gone either way" and thanked healthcare workers for saving his life.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 16, 2020, 9:47 am

Happier times for Lee Cain, Boris Johnson & Dominic Cummings ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 16, 2020, 1:49 pm

Niggly wrote:
November 16, 2020, 9:34 am
Boris Johnson self-isolating after MP tests positive for Covid-19

BBC News
16 November 2020

Boris Johnson is self-isolating after meeting an MP who later tested positive for Covid-19.
The prime minister said he was contacted by NHS Test and Trace on Sunday but is not showing symptoms.
Mr Johnson on Thursday spent about 35 minutes with Ashfield MP Lee Anderson who has since tested positive.
The news came as No 10 said Mr Johnson would make "critical announcements" about coronavirus and "levelling up" the UK over the coming weeks.
In an announcement planned before Mr Johnson was told to self-isolate, Downing Street said there would be a "clear signal" of his "ongoing ambitions for the United Kingdom".
It said Mr Johnson would chair "key Covid meetings" and work with Chancellor Rishi Sunak to devise the upcoming spending review with an aim to fulfil his promise to "build back better".
But No 10's effort to start the week afresh following the departure of two of Mr Johnson's top aides amid an internal power struggle was overshadowed by news the prime minister was self-isolating.
Mr Johnson wrote on Twitter on Sunday night: "Today I was notified by NHS Test and Trace that I must self-isolate as I have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
"I have no symptoms, but am following the rules and will be working from No 10 as I continue to lead the government's pandemic response."
A No 10 spokesman added: "The PM is well and does not have any symptoms of Covid-19."
'I've been pinged!'
In a WhatsApp message to Tory MPs seen by the BBC the PM added: "The good news is that NHS Test and Trace continues to improve. The bad news is that I have been pinged!"
He said that he would observe self-isolation rules despite "following the guidance and socially distancing" during his meeting with Mr Anderson.
"It doesn't matter that I feel fine - better than ever - or that my body is bursting with antibodies because I have already had the damn thing," he added.
"The rules are the rules and they are there to stop the spread of the disease."
In April, Mr Johnson spent three nights in intensive care after falling ill with the virus.
He later said it "could have gone either way" and thanked healthcare workers for saving his life.

oh how absolutely inconvenient ....blah blah (some latin phrase) blah

Sorry mum, cant go to school today, must have been something I ate (and its double French lesson this afteroon)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 16, 2020, 1:54 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 16, 2020, 1:49 pm

oh how absolutely inconvenient ....blah blah (some latin phrase) blah

Sorry mum, cant go to school today, must have been something I ate (and its double French lesson this afteroon)
Err, he was contacted from the improving track & trace system free to anyone in the UK to say he’d been in close proximity to someone who has now tested positive. Not him trying to bail out of an engagement or shirk responsibility

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 16, 2020, 2:29 pm

and of course Lee Anderson's test results couldn't possibly have been "fixed" could they??

nice to see that Bojo & Lee were pictured wearing their masks (NOT) during their indoor meeting

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 16, 2020, 3:25 pm

Okay, I get it Statts, anything & everything to do with Bojo &/or Covid is fixed.
Case closed

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2020, 3:34 pm

Niggly disengage disengage .. the last thing needed is statts to get his 1970s joke book out and retaliate.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 16, 2020, 3:43 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 16, 2020, 3:34 pm
Niggly disengage disengage .. the last thing needed is statts to get his 1970s joke book out and retaliate.
It’s like talking to an audience member at the Wheeltappers & Shunters Club

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2020, 3:53 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 16, 2020, 2:29 pm
and of course Lee Anderson's test results couldn't possibly have been "fixed" could they??

nice to see that Bojo & Lee were pictured wearing their masks (NOT) during their indoor meeting
Do you mean "fixed" like in a U.S. presidential election?

There's great value in a researched opposing opinion grounded in fact but simply subscribing to the fake news mantra is the redoubt of the ill-informed and lazy.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 21, 2020, 4:02 pm

Teacher teacher Billy bullied me, here's the CCTV proof
Well Billy..... errr I didn't know I was bullying him, there were extenuating circumstances, he wouldn't help me beat up the foreign kid in class
oh that's alright then, carry on

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 27, 2020, 6:46 pm

another "leaked" report ..................... well it's the only time they tell the public anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhF4A_Fb8I

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 28, 2020, 8:55 am

As England emerges from the 4-week lock down, we find even more of the country facing greater restrictions under the new-fangled 3-tier system, the UK media is again interviewing the gym owners and pub landlords to gauge how the economy and society will suffer. One chap interviewed on Sky News was suggesting that they are getting weary of these 8-week, 4-week cycles of chop and change and suggests they need a more practical, 1-year plan going forward.

Right then. You're all closed. For a year.

Sorted.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”