new payment rstrictions

General Udon Thani topics only!
dragonz
udonmap.com

Re: new payment rstrictions

Post by dragonz » November 19, 2020, 1:08 pm

kopkei wrote:
November 19, 2020, 7:14 am
only thing i am going to say about this ...
if you are not happy and unable to follow new rules implemented by the instances of a country where you are a guest my advice would be leave ,you do not belong here ,do not stay in a country where the stupidity of people is bothering you and more do not marry one...
learning to adapt to the (new) rules of a foreign country is not easy ,(you agree or not with them is irrelevant) surely as you are not open for change ,we can see results of this in Europe, where most new people not wanting to adapt but only change everything to their way of thinking ...,that is why Europe is lost and i am here as i am sure this will not happen in Los ... ,btw i do not have all these problems as i do not have anything registered on my falang name ..
enjoy your stay ;)
You are a quite nasty piece of work arent you ?! The most dumb stupid and hated reply ever put on a thai forum . if you dont like it go home . What a drongo .
So by your nasty way of thinking every farang in thailand should go home .There is nobody who does not dislike something about thailand including yourself and if you don`t like me ,go home. I never said i could not follow the rules i just was informing members of this forum of the new rules drongo.
I have heard complaints on here about food , immigration , traffic , police , schools , corruption the weather so think and use the grey matter before you post garbage
This was a bit of info and a question . The thai government are putting a lot of new unnecessary restrictions on foreigners in the last year. I was wondering why , do they have some sort of agenda unknown to me .
You feel safe attacking me as tamada and his mate niggky do it so you just join the gang . WEAK person.
Again an innocuous post attacked by the usual suspects
As for tamads dumb statement about 1 million people laundering 59 baht well bring a smile i suppose. The fact is the new rules on paying bills , lazada wallet , not allowing to buy using your ais money on your phone , not allowed true wallet air pay etc has absolutely nothing to do with money laundering but has some purpose i have not figured out yet but i am sure there will be more soon

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » November 19, 2020, 3:36 pm

:D Can I join in?

I've always been asked for ID when getting the Big C "discount". No biggie.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 19, 2020, 7:28 pm

On the Big C card issue.. My Big C card is in my name.. I've had it since around 2009 or so. A few years ago I was asked to "register" the card at the service desk. I provided my Thai driver's license and its number was put in the system under my Big C Card number. (and phone number too). When I periodically check to see how many "points" I have for a discount, to get them I'm nearly always asked for identification and provide my Thai driving license.. Yes, there are one or two cashiers that know the wife and me who will automatically deduct the discount/points since they've known us for years... As for the Service Desk not knowing the "rules"?? What can I say. I'd bet if you check the desk the next day with a different person you might get a different answer. It does appear all the cashiers know the requirements for ID though.
Dave

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 19, 2020, 8:06 pm

dragonz wrote:
November 19, 2020, 1:08 pm
You feel safe attacking me as tamada and his mate niggky do it so you just join the gang . WEAK person.
Again an innocuous post attacked by the usual suspects
Hey buttercup, don’t bring me into your feeble little everyone is out to get me world. Where have I posted anything about or to you?
Now if you’re inviting me, that’s a different matter.......
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 20, 2020, 7:34 am

Theres a major sh*tstorm on the net fora at the moment surrounding the new taxi ruling that they can charge for luggage .. no big deal i just see it as a normal thing here ... except it or dont use taxis. It aint rocket science and whinging about it or anything else with regard to living here is a waste of time .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 20, 2020, 7:39 am

My post was made as in fact apart from paying utility bills at Big C, recently over the last 16 odd years . I have NEVER EVER been asked for ID for discounts or anything . Followed all procedures for registering Big C card when requested. even updating when changed passport.
So the NEW request took me aback and I mentioned it so that others could enure they76 had some ID.
Not to start a long convoluted discussion with some who fail to understand and cannot intelligently deduce what I was trying to say . As they needed it spelt out so even a child could understand .

I did in the end find out from the Manager of Day ( not on the same day ) that some Foreigners and Thais were taking discounts not due to them, so insistence of ID is required to ensure the right person gets the discount. As Big C cards apart from the Account number has no individual ID linked to a particular person only the name on the account which has not specific ID , so anyone can use it and have done so in the past.

Sensible action, he further said Accounts in the near future for Makro and now Tesco together with Big C and 7-11 will be consolidated, but that time frame is in the far distant future it appears.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 20, 2020, 8:11 am

IMHO I miss the word drongo, we used it all the time back in the day. Was certainly appropriate on many occasions, even when used against ones self.
But definitely appropriate for many of the so called very very long stayers in Udon. How life must have changed for them, from their younger original adventurous self, who daringly made the pilgrimage to Thailand all those years ago and morfed into today’s group complaining and arguing about big C huge discount cards.
Sad really.

The word drongo is used in Australian English as a mild form of insult meaning "idiot" or "stupid fellow". This usage derives from an Australian racehorse of the same name (apparently after the spangled drongo, Dicrurus bracteatus) in the 1920s that never won despite many places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 20, 2020, 8:15 am

dragonz wrote:
November 16, 2020, 1:16 pm
I know most people know about lazada wallet being blocked for farangs and last week i tried to pay my 3bb and electric bill in a tesco express where i have paid lots of times . This time they wanted my passport to give them money ??!!!! Would not let me pay , went into 7/11 next door and paid no problem. Well a new one even more stupid .I tried to by an app from google playstore on my phone but it would not work .Phoned ais and was told foreigners no longer can pay using ais , ie taking money off your phone . this app was 59 baht.
Next day i tried again and then got he message not allowed so i thought i use my wifes phone but that just said error so i phoned ais again saying this was a thai phone but still would not work . I was told any thai that wanted to pay for apps using ais have to register their phone with their id card number . I said that my wife had already registered her simcard with her id number but they said she would have to do it to register to pay and sent me a link to register . Link did not work web page unavailable .
My paypal account no longer works with playstore ,or lazada its blocked ? tried to register with various pay services ie true wallet air pay etc , foreigners all blocked.
Ais and lazada told me it was to stop money laundering , 59 baht ?! SUrely money laundering involves millions not 59 bahts . the mind boggles at the stupidity of these peop[le . now nobody in thailand van buy anything from google play without a credit card
i will (try to) solve this puzzle easy (in his case )

- lazada wallet being blocked for farangs...
open an account on your wife's name, and open lazada wallet account ?
- i tried to pay my 3bb and electric bill in a tesco express, they wanted my passport
long time now they ask for id (safety measures?) , so use your wife's (or any other thais) id or follow the advice of some posters ,make a pink id card,at least if this is not going to be too inconvenient for you ?
- foreigners no longer can pay using ais
but your wife can if she registers to use the phone for payments (safety rule?) ,unable to register true app ,stop by
in one of the so many ais offices in town ?, or buy a new sim card in your wife's name for your phone , still have to register too to use for payments...
- My paypal account no longer works with playstore ,or lazada its blocked ? tried to register with various pay services
ie true wallet air pay etc , foreigners all blocked.

same answer here if foreigners really are blocked open an account in wife's name ?
- now nobody in thailand van buy anything from google play without a credit card
wrong ,any one with the needed credentials, can buy what ever they want ...
if all this is to difficult and you are not willing to comply maybe you must start thinking about relocating to an other environment where there are not so many rules or better rules according to your way of thinking ...
saving you a lot of whining ,head- and heart aches ...hope you will be well...
some wise advice from drongo.... :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 20, 2020, 9:19 am

It does appear that some of our more senior members are wrestling with a few rather innocuous and quite insignificant changes in their mundane, day-to-day routines here in their chosen nirvana. Online marketplaces that don't allow 'credit' while permitting the touting of cheap, imported rubbish to the unwary bargain hunter. Retail establishments that need "members" to furnish their ID to collect their BOGOF or "free" set of kitchen knives entitlements. Utility companies that seek to know more about exactly who you are when you give them your money.

Just like the perpetually offended black people, dementia is increasingly being reported as something that needs more than society's fleeting attention. Being aware of and accomodating the early signs of dementia is everyone's responsibility, be it the unknowing victim of the disease or those who suffer from the victim's embarrassing public flailing and ranting about how shockingly perverse and intrusive these minor changes are.

I for one will do my bit going forward and be more accommodating to those who don't appear to know what the true problem is, ie. YOU. This includes but isn't limited to:

i ) The forum members who think that everyone is out to cheat, steal or otherwise get them, especially the natives. They're not.

ii ) The forum members who can't tell the difference between a double fridge and another double fridge and go on and on about it. Note that confusion between and/or concern about domestic white goods is an identified precursor to dementia. When this extends to someone else's white goods, a mental health professional should be consulted as soon as possible and definitely before posting some blustering but ultimately lame riposte.

iii ) The lonely forum lurkers who despite their infrequent and otherwise dull contributions, become positively alive when they see a skirmish and stick their unwanted, trollish oars in other people's threads and debates (notably about domestic white goods). Their ad hominems and hardly clever responses usually delivered in curiously stilted and malformed sentences.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 20, 2020, 9:24 am

Morning to you as well Tam ..

DM may partake in a glass of golden carbonated water this aft if interested .. ive been a good boy eating healthy for ages deserve a treat .. no talk of fridges tho ..OK
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 20, 2020, 10:15 am

Some off topic posts have been removed.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 20, 2020, 10:20 am

download (12).jpg
download (12).jpg (4.95 KiB) Viewed 740 times
Greater racket-tailed drongo