PROBLEM WITH SLIDING GLASS DOORS

General Udon Thani topics only!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

PROBLEM WITH SLIDING GLASS DOORS

Post by semperfiguy » November 21, 2020, 9:04 am

Good Morning! I am having trouble with my main entrance aluminum sliding glass doors. The rollers on one door are grinding on the bottom slide rail and I can't seem to adjust them on my own. I have fiddled with it and it only seems to make it worse. Does anyone out there know of a shop or person who is experienced with adjusting this type of doors and can come to my home and remedy the situation? I thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Last edited by semperfiguy on November 21, 2020, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: PROBLEM WITH SLIDING GLASS DOORS

Post by Niggly » November 21, 2020, 9:18 am

I’m guessing you mean aluminium not UPVC as I don’t think they have rollers as such, more sliders.
I had all my bathroom & closet mirrors fitted by a glass company called Kanye on Prajak Sillapakom Road more or less opposite the Good Corner restaurant/Nutty Park.
Their main line of business seems to be aluminium doors & windows when I looked in the factory & showroom. They were quite amenable to working “outside the box” (my mirrors), perhaps they could help.

EDIT
Just realised you may be talking about wooden doors in which case sorry, can’t help
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 21, 2020, 9:33 am

You need to screw the rollers lower
Sometimes easiest to take the door down and adjust with no weight on the rollers

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2020, 10:16 am

Try and post a picture here of the bits of the rollers you can see. Chances are they are some type of plastic. That's what I have on the horrible dark bronze aluminum door and window frames on our house. My experience with these on our heavier sliding glass doors has been good whereas the ones on the lighter windows have degraded. That's because they see a lot of sunlight whereas the front doors are mostly shaded. Unlike the rollers in sliding mossie screens, the door and window rollers don't appear to be easily replaceable. They look like they're built into the box frame sections during assembly with no visible rivets to drill out.

I pull the windows out, clean the wheels and guides before spraying with a light silicon lubricant. Good for maybe 4 or 5 months before they squeak and grind again but using a paintbrush to clean the dust and grit out before another light spray sorts them out again.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 21, 2020, 10:24 am

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 21, 2020, 10:27 am

hi semper ,
every alu sliding door has 2 holes left ,right ,upper, lower ,
you need to use the bottom hole as shown on my picture
20201121_101559[1].jpg
look you locate the screw head which is about 5 cm inside , and turn in your case the screw clockwise to level up ,and repeat if needed on the other side ,(turning counter clock wise will lower the door more) , if you do not see any height change maybe the mechanism broke down or the top is set too low ?, for the top side turning clockwise will push the door down and counter clock gives more space to level up , normally you will only have to adjust at the base of the door ...as info ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 21, 2020, 10:45 am

forget to mention , check also if the wheel is on the guiding rail , it didn't come of ?..

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » November 21, 2020, 7:30 pm

I had the same problem 3 days ago, I was ready to go and buy some new wheels for the door...
And then at four in the morning I heard an almighty thump...
My 30 kilo dog had run into the door...Next morning the door was back to perfect...Sliding perfectly.
So if you guys want to borrow my dog for the night she is available..!!!!
YKICAMOOCOW

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”